Fanfic - Max/Liz
"My Love..."
Part 11
by Sabine
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and the situations are owned by Regency Television and 20th Century Fox. No infringement intended.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Liz was walking as fast as she could without running, the halls were swarming with students who were also racing towards the parking lot. The bell hailing the end of seventh period had just rung. Liz was trying to make a straight shot to from the library to the parking lot. This morning, she had borrowed her mother's navy blue 4-Runner to get to school. Riding with Maria didn't seem like an appealing option. Liz was in a very solitary mood. Thank god she'd been able to stay away from "the gang" today. Liz had only run into Alex and Maria once...Michael, Isabel and Max seemed to be making themselves just as scarce. Third and sixth period Liz had spent in the library, trying to avoid contact at all costs. It wasn't like she was going to get much school work done anyway. Liz hadn't been able to concentrate since the night future Max disappeared.

The sun was shinning brightly off the cars in the high school parking lot, making it hard for her to see. Digging through her purse in search of her car keys, Liz finally found the car at the far end of the lot. After dumping the contents of her purse onto the hood of her mom's car, Liz was still having no luck. She let out an angry shout.

"Damn it, where the hell are they?!!?"

"Looking for these..." Liz heard a voice snicker behind her. Spinning around, she just barely resisted slapping the smirk off of Michael's face. He was dangling her keys inches in front of her nose.

"What do you want, Michael?"

Liz was fighting to keep herself under control. She didn't have much patience these days. Although, her horrible mood didn't help the situation either.

"Hey, don't get all pissed at me, I just have orders to make sure you know about the meeting tonight."

His voice sounded completely innocent, but the gleam in his dark eyes told Liz otherwise.

**What could he possibly want now? And what meeting is he talking about?**

As if reading her mind, Michael answered her question, "The meeting's at eight, at Max's place. Everyone has to be there, it has something to do with the granalith. Personally, I'm not wild about the idea either. But I'm suppose to make sure you're gonna show."

Liz grabbed the keys out of his hands and jumped into the car. She slammed the door closed and rolled down the window. Michael had his head cocked to one side and was looking at her in amusement.

"What if I don't WANT to go?" she asked threateningly.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to deal with it," he said. "See ya at eight."

Liz threw the car into drive and smashed her foot onto the gas petal, practically peeling out of the parking lot. Controlling her temper had also become a problem within the last few days. Left behind in the dust, Michael watched her retreating car. A frown creased his forehead, he was beginning to think maybe Isabel and Maria were right...something was up with Liz. And whatever it was, must be something significant. Liz didn't go crazy all the time like Maria, there had to be a good reason.

In the short period of time which Michael spend contemplating Liz's situation, it never occurred to him that she could be upset for the same reason Max was.

Part 10 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.