FanFic - Max/Liz
"Meant to Be"
Part 4
by Irina
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything or anybody except for the little Sarah. Everybody else belongs to 20th Century Fox, The WB, and Jason Katims.
Summary: After one night of passion, Liz leaves Roswell and Max. When she comes back 6 years later the FBI goes after them again and now there’s more than just their relationship that’s at stake.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Web site: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Highrise/3317
“Does he still pretend to be Pierce?” Maria asked.

“No,” Max answered, “He contacted us over a year go. He said that there were a lot of suspicions in the agency and he had to leave.”

“What, too many agents killed by an alien?” Maria said sarcastically.

“Can you contact him?” Alex asked.

Max, Isabel, and Michael turned to Tess. “I’ll call him,” she said as she went to the phone.

“But how do we know where they’re keeping her?” Michael asked.

“Well, Isabel found Max. We can try that,” Maria said.

“I don’t think…I don’t know if I can,” Isabel said.

“I’ve never done it with a child. Besides, she doesn’t know me. I’ll just scare her.”

“Take me with you,” Liz said.

“Liz, no,” Max said.

“What do you mean?” Isabel asked.

“Wherever you go when you dream walk, take me with you.”

“Liz, I’ve never done anything like that. I don’t know how. Besides, it could be dangerous.

“I don’t care,” Liz said.

“Liz, I can’t.”

“No, it’s the only way. Besides, you said it yourself, she doesn’t know you. If she remembers anything, anything at all that could help us find her, I’m the only one she’ll tell.”

Isabel looked at Liz for a moment, realizing that Liz would do anything to save Sarah. Then she looked at Max to make sure that he was okay with it. Max nodded slightly in answer.

******************************************************************

Isabel and Liz were in a half-sitting position on Liz’s bed. With one hand they held each other’s hands and with other they touched Sarah’s picture.

“Now take deep breaths and concentrate on her,” Isabel said quietly.

Liz found herself in complete darkness. “Isabel?” she called out, not sure where she was.

“Liz,” she heard as someone touched her shoulder. Liz jumped startled. As she turned around, she saw Isabel.

“She should be somewhere here,” Isabel said, “Try calling her name.”

Liz nodded in understanding and then called out, “Sarah! Sarah!”

“Mommy?” they finally heard. Liz ran in the direction from which the voice came. She opened the door to what seemed to be a closet and saw Sarah on the floor in the corner.

Liz got down on the floor and hugged her daughter.

“Mommy, I’m scared,” Sarah said.

“I know, sweetheart, I know. But I’m here now. I’m here now,” Liz said as she rocked Sarah back and forth.

Isabel was amazed. She could feel the connection between Liz and Sarah. She’s never seen anything like that.

“Liz, we don’t have much time,” said Isabel.

Liz looked up at her and then said to Sarah, “Sarah, do you remember anything? From your trip here?” When Sarah shook her head, Liz said, “Think, sweetie, anything?”

“Liz,” Isabel said. As Liz looked up at her, Isabel pointed to something. When Liz looked at what Isabel was pointing, she saw a big red horse.

Just then Isabel felt her connection with Liz decreasing. “Liz, we have to go,” she said.

“What? No, I can’t. I’m staying here.”

“You can’t.”

“Isabel, she’s scared, she needs me here. You go.”

“You’ll die,” Isabel said.

“I don’t care.”

Isabel knew that they had seconds left, so she ran up to Liz and took her hand. And in the next second they were back in Liz’s bedroom.

“NO!” Liz screamed as she woke up.

When Max with the rest of the group ran into the room after hearing Liz scream, they saw Isabel hugging Liz, both of them crying.

“I’m so sorry,” Isabel whispered to Liz, knowing that Liz was ready to die as long as she could stay with Sarah just a little longer.

************************************************************************

“So, she didn’t remember anything,” Michael said pretty much repeating what Liz said. After Liz and Isabel calmed down, they all went to the living room to discuss what to do next.

“Wait, the red horse. There was a red horse there,” Liz said.

“Yeah, I almost forgot about that,” Isabel said.

“Ok, but what does that mean?” Alex asked the question that was on all of their minds right now.

“Maybe it’s something she saw on a billboard or something,” Max said.

“Or like the name of a motel they passed by,” Michael added.

Then Liz remembered something. She got up from the couch and ran to her bedroom. She took an old photo album out of her closet and started flipping through it.

“Liz, what is it?” Max asked as he walked into the room.

She didn’t answer him. She just kept looking until she found what she needed. She took out the picture and gave it to Max.“This,” she said as Max saw a picture of Liz when she was about 11 years old standing in front of a diner called “Red Horse.” “She can read, remember,” Liz said.

“I know this place,” he said, “And there’s an abandoned warehouse less than a mile away from it.”

“This is where she is,” Liz said with hope growing inside.

“When do we leave?” Michael asked as he along with everybody else walked into the room.

“Now.” They all heard another voice. As they all looked at where the voice came from, they saw Nasedo as Ed Harding standing in front of them.

End of Part 4

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.