FanFic - Max/Liz
"Making Up"
Part 1
by Nicole
Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.
Summary: Max and Liz have a fight, and then make-up.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Kinda like sub-story to "The Vanished" by Melinda Metz. (Sorry, no underlining capabilities) None of this really happened, oh! And I used the characters from the WB.
Max Evans was sitting at his desk, head down, burnt out. The search for the Stone was coming up as a dead end. They’d never get Alex back. A knock came. He sat up ramrod straight as Liz Parker walked in. He forced a smile. "Hey. What’s up?" She looked a little serious. He turned back, straightening up the papers strewn about. Wait. What was that? He picked up the paper. This could be something important.

"Max."

"What?" he asked distractedly.

"I think we should break up."

"Fine," he said, not really hearing her. He was scanning the information intently, so he missed her outraged expression. He heard the door to his room slam distantly as what she had said registered in his brain. "What?!" he cried. Dropping the paper he raced after her. "Liz wait!" She stopped at the front door, closing it.

"Now what?"

"What do you mean we should break up?" He stared at his girlfriend. His beautiful, wonderful girlfriend and felt like panicking. She kept him sane, gave him a reason to keep on living. She was his heart. And she was saying they should break up! Her look turned from anger to disbelief.

"You didn’t even hear me, did you?"

"No! I was looking for a way to save Alex."

"Max!" she said exasperated, "We will find Alex, together. All of us, it’s a group thing. Not a just you thing."

"Fine, a group thing, great. Now stop all this nonsense about us breaking up."

"It’s not nonsense!" she cried, "We have a problem Max. You barely even speak you me anymore, and when you do, you’re not speaking to me. You’re looking at my shoulder or at the floor. I don’t think you even notice me anymore. I could be a rock for all you care!"

"Liz…"

"I’m not finished!" She stopped, took a deep breath and looked him straight in the eye. He felt his heart break at the hurt in her dark eyes. "I want my boyfriend back Max." He took her hands in his.

"I’m right here."

"No. You’re not." She looked away. "You’re in another galaxy. You haven’t even kissed me in weeks." Her voice broke. Max hugged her to him, he had no idea she had felt this way. She had been there, supporting him, through everything. And he didn’t even thank her.

"Liz…" he whispered, tilting her head up. He brushed away her tears gently. "I’m sorry." She shook her head.

"It’s too late Max."

"No," he said fiercely, "I love you, I’m not letting you go." He kissed her then, desperately trying to make her stay, to prove how much he needed her by him. She pushed away at first, but he wouldn't let go. Slowly she relaxed, responding warmly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Pulling him closer. Max picked her up, not releasing her lips, and brought her back down the hall to his room. Locking the door behind them, he placed her on the bed, lying down next to her. His lips traveled down to her neck.

"Max," she gasped, "This is not going to make up for it." He lifted his head.

"Can it be a start?" he asked. Brushing the hair back from her face, he kissed her again, all over her face. She smiled.

"Okay," she agreed quietly. He grinned, renewing his loving. The situation intensified, they barely stopped touching. Only when Liz slid his shirt off did they separate. Max kissed the side of her neck while unbuttoning her purple and white plaid shirt. He then slid his hand down her waist to unzip her short purple skirt. Liz’s hands were caressing his back. The smell of jasmine and ylang-ylang invaded his senses, mixing with his cedar. The connection started up. His emerald green aura combined with her warm, rich amber, forming a sparkling white light that slowly enveloped them. How was it possible for him to feel this way? How could she cause his brain to just shut down? Their passion rose, and they melted into each other.

Max woke up at peace for the first time in weeks. He looked down at the sweet armful cuddled close to his side. He kissed the top of her head, waiting for her to wake up. He needed the tangy taste of her skin under his lips, needed to bury his face in her thick, dark hair. He needed to tell her how much he loved her. There. Max could feel her long eyelashes brush against the bare skin of his chest. She looked up, kissing him gently. He smiled, holding her closer. She snuggled against him, sighing contently. He closed his eyes again, tightening his grip. He could wait for her, as long as she needed him to. He could wait until she understood that he understood how important she was to him. That he loved her more than anything.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.