Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Love And Stuff"
Part 1
by Behr Hug
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, but if i did, i'd change a couple things..like killing off Max!
Summary: Just a normal day for everyone..don't worry, something will happen in the next part, which will be here soon!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This is my first fic, so hopefully it's not too bad...i'm trying to come up with some kind of adventure thing for the next part cuz otherwise it'll be really boring. If you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know and i promise you'll get your credit. Please write with feedback, whether it's good or bad!! ~*~thx~*~
"Honey, wake up. It's time for work," he whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek as the alarm went off at 7:00 AM on Monday morning. She pretended to continue sleeping, just to see what he would do. He knew this routine. He moved his hands from her waist to her sides and began tickling her until she couldn't stand it any longer and began squirming and giggling. He quieted her by hugging her and kissing her on the lips.

"'Morning beautiful!" he said with a smile and kissed the tip of her nose. "'Morning. God, I hate Mondays!"

"Come on, I'll even take a shower with you," he said playfully as he tugged on her arm.

"Well, why didn't you say so?" she chuckled and followed her husband into the bathroom.

As Liz drove to her job at her and her partner Kelly Surrey's law firm an hour and a half later, she couldn't help but smile. Max always knew how to make the day ahead a little more bearable. She parked her car in her parking space and walked into her office, greeting Carcy, her and Kelly's secretary. She gave Liz a message from Maria Guerin, her best friend and client. Maria had a very successful singing career but had had some legal struggles with her former record label when switching to a new label. Knowing that Liz was a skilled attorney, she asked for her representation.

The message said for Liz to call back ASAP. Thinking it was something to do with the case, she called back right away.

"Hello?" Maria answered the phone. She sounded happy and excited. I wonder what she's so happy about, Liz thought.

"Hey Maria, it's Liz. So what's going on? Did you find something on the case?" she asked.

"No, that's not important right now. Liz-" she began, about to explode.

"Yeah? What is it, hon?" Liz asked, a little concerned.

"Will you be our baby's godmother?" Maria asked quickly, relieved to finally get it out. She anxiously awaited Liz's reaction.

"Your WHAT?!" Liz squealed. Carcy peeked in to make sure Liz was ok. Liz assured her that she was fine and continued talking excitedly with Maria.

"Oh, my God! Congratulations, Maria! When did you find out?"

"This morning. So, you still haven't answered my question," she teased.

"Of course! What was Michael's reaction when you told him?" Liz asked.

"He was ecstatic. I think he'll make a great daddy," Maria said lovingly. "He just told Max the good news. From what he tells me, your husband had pretty much the same reaction as you did, minus the squealing," she joked, and they both laughed.

Just then, Liz's partner, Kelly walked into Liz's office and handed her a large brown envelope.

"Hey, I have to go," she said into the phone. "I'll talk to you later." Liz hung up the phone and looked at Kelly questioningly. "What's this?" she asked as she took out a stack of papers from within the envelope.

"That," said Kelly, "is the last bit of proof we needed to send M3 Records packing!"

Liz looked through the paperwork and read through the highlighted material. "This is definitely a good day! Thanks Kelly. You know, I was just talking to Maria and she told me she was pregnant!"

"No kidding! Give them my congratulations, ok?"

"Sure," Liz said. Carcy interrupted them to tell Kelly that she had a phone call, and Kelly went to answer it. Liz decided to call Maria and give her the good news and Kelly's congratulations.

Michael picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Michael, it's Liz. I heard the good news-congratulations!"

"Thanks, Liz. Listen, I gotta run. Do you need to talk to Maria?"

"Actually, yes. We just found what we needed to win the case."

"That's great! Hang on, I'll go get her."

"Ok, thanks, Michael. Bye!"

"Hey, girl, what's up?" Maria said when she picked up the phone.

"Good news-we just found a copy of the agreement and are ready to kick some record label ass!"

Maria laughed. "That's great! I'm having the best day!"

"I know what you mean; me too! Oh, by the way, Kelly said congratulations on the baby."

"Tell her we said thanks," Maria said.

"I have to get back to work now," Liz said, wishing she could talk a while longer.

"Ok. Hey, we should throw a party on Saturday to celebrate the case and the baby. We'll invite you and Max, Isabel and Jesse, and Kelly and her fiancé, and even Carcy. What do you think?" Maria asked excitedly.

"Sounds great to me. What time should we be there?" Liz asked.

"Um, how about four?" Maria suggested.

"Ok, I'll tell Max. Bye, Maria!"

At 6:30 PM, Liz, Kelly and Carcy locked up and left the office together, talking about love and family.

"So what's your husband like, Liz?" asked Carcy.

"Max is…wonderful. He's handsome, sweet, caring, and practically perfect! His only fault is that he can be really protective sometimes. Like, if I'm sick, he'll take the day off work and stay home to keep me company," Liz said with a smile.

"Well, I'm jealous!" Kelly said jokingly. "Do you have a picture?"

"Um, yeah," Liz said and began rummaging through her purse. She fished out their wedding picture from her wallet and handed it to the two women.

"Wow, he is gorgeous! So that's why I couldn't find my dream guy…you were hiding him!" Carcy joked.

After a good laugh, Kelly, Liz and Carcy each went their own ways to go home and relax after an eventful day at work.

Liz was busy cooking dinner when she heard the doorknob turning. Max stepped inside and called out from the foyer. "Liz?"

"I'm in the kitchen," Liz called back.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.