Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Letting Go"
Part 1
by Serena
Disclaimer: You all know the drill... I own nothing (except of my fantasy).
Summary: Max is poisoned, Liz POV * are her thoughts
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: My grandfather died two days ago and I had to write this. Sorry that my stories are all so sad but at the moment I'm not able to write stories with happy endings. Please don't mind my mistakes. Dedication: For my grandfather - I love you and I will always remember you.
The Skins did, what they always wanted to do. They won this battle. They prevented Max from coming back to Antar. Max was going to die. They had poisoned him. I felt dizzy, when I saw Nicolas telling us what happened. He grinned. I hated him. *No.no not!!! Not Max!!! This can't be true!!!*

Everything began two days before in the evening. Maria and I were cleaning the tables at the Crashdown, when Max suddenly came in. He was weak and could barely stand on his feet. I was shocked, when I saw him. We brought him into my room and called the others. But not even Michael and Isabel were able to help him. We tried to heal him with the stones, we got from River dog, but we failed. Max was getting weaker and now we knew what happened. But we didn't stop hoping. We tried everything we could think of.but nothing we did helped. And with every failure our hopes disappeared.

Max was in a horrible condition. Most time he slept. Sometimes he winced and screamed. Then he murmured my name. I didn't know what to do. I sat there and hold his hand. I talked to him although I didn't know, if he could hear me. Sometimes he had convulsions. I knew he felt pain. I felt it too, when I touched him. I couldn't bear seeing him in such a condition. It cut my heart off. I felt so helpless.

*God Max, you can't leave me. Don't. Never.* I felt tears forming in my eyes. But I didn't cry. I couldn't. I simply couldn't. "Liz?", it was Maria, "Go to sleep. You look terrible." I wanted to contradict, but Maria didn't let me. "You go and I'll watch at him. Don't worry, I'll wake you, if something happens." I nodded gratefully and left the room. When I was finally alone, I started crying. I couldn't stop anymore. I cried until I couldn't breath anymore. I felt so lost. So lonely.

When I woke up, I immediately went back to Max. Nothing has changed. He still laid there. I sat down beside him. After a while it seemed as if he calmed down. Maybe, just maybe, I didn't even dare to say it loud, he was getting better. An hour later, he just seemed to sleep. My hopes grew. Suddenly he opened his eyes. He was awake. "Liz?", he whispered. My heart skipped a beat. "I'm here Max.I'm here," I said quickly and sat next to him on the bed. "I wanted to tell you that I love you," he said softly. "No Max, no.don't do that. Don't start saying goodbye. You won't die. Not now. We'll find I way to heal you," I implored.

"I will. I know.we both know that there's no hope for me. I'll die," he answered. I didn't contradict. I knew he said the truth. "Max.tell me how shall I go on without you. You told me I'm your destiny. You're mine too. How am I supposed to live without you? You can't leave me," I asked. He ran with his fingers through my hair. "I'll never leave you. My heart, my soul.I gave it to you a long time ago. My heart will always be with you," he whispered. "I love you Max," I said, "I love you". And then I kissed him softly. And I saw these impressions again. Stronger and clearer than ever. I felt the love he felt for me. And it hurt me even more. I couldn't bear to know that I'd loose him. "I love you too," he said softly. He smiled and then he closed his eyes. He was gone. Forever.

I sat there. Unable to move. Unable to speak. I just sat there. Still holding his hand and looking at him. *He is gone* I don't know how long I sat there. It seemed like eternity. Just like in trance I watched Isabel kneeling down beside her brother, desperately crying. Maria just stared at him. Her eyes showed disbelief and grief. Michael hugged her. I didn't cry. I couldn't.

After some time Sheriff Valenti came and wanted to take Max with him. I hold his hand. I didn't wanted to let him go. *No don't take him away from me!!! Don't! Max!!!* Maria had to talk to me until I finally let him go. And then I started crying. I couldn't stop. All the pain felt. I broke down on the floor. Desperately crying. Nothing could help me, nobody could give me comfort. I had my friends, but I was alone.

The others stayed the whole night. Hours later, it was almost dawn, I went out on my balcony and watched the stars above. I sat down at one of the chairs and fell asleep. And then I realized what Max had meant, when he said that his heart would always be with me. In my dreams I could feel him near to me. *Max, wherever you are, I love you*

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.