FanFic - Max/Liz
"Leaving on a Jet Plane"
Part 1
by Misty
Disclaimer: I own nothing, unfortunately!
Summary: Takes place two years after destiny.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This takes place after their graduation ceremony, and it’s still in Max’s POV.
All eight of us decided that after graduation we were going to campout in the desert for old time sakes. Liz and me were planning on going to Harvard, while everyone else goes to UCLA. It was going to be hard to separate with everyone but as long as I have Liz nothing else matters. She knows that I have doubts about leaving and one time she even went as far as insisting that I go to UCLA. I just told her that there was no way she was getting rid of me so easily. I guess she saw the determination in my eyes because after that she dropped it.

You know what really sucks is that she’s leaving me tomorrow, for two whole months! Her parents are taking her on a cruise to Florida for her graduation present. She keeps promising that she’ll make it up to me when she gets back, and I can’t wait for that! What I’m going to do till then is beyond me. I’m thinking about getting the guys to come with me to pick out her engagement ring. I’m going to surprise her when she gets back and ask her to marry me, I really hope she says yes. Everyone else thinks I’m crazy for thinking otherwise, but I still don’t understand how someone like that could ever love someone like me. Especially since I’m an alien.

“Max?” Liz comes up behind him.

“Huh, what?” max had been so wrapped up in his thoughts that he hadn’t even noticed everyone else had gone to bed. Him and Liz were now the only ones up and their campfire was just about to go out.

“Are you ok? You seemed a little spacey their for a minute.” Max looked up a grinned at her.

“What? Oh pardon my pun there spaceboy.”

“I see someone’s been hanging around Maria for to long, your picking up her habits.”

Max stands up and turns on the radio. “Dance with me.”

“Uh, okay?”

He pulls her up to him just as the song Leaving on a Jet Plane comes on.

All my bags are packed; I’m ready to go.
I’m standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breaking, it’s early morn
The taxi’s waiting, he’s blowing his horn
Already I’m so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
Cuz I’m leaving on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Max and Liz are dancing next to the dim campfire looking in each other’s eyes, while Liz softly sings along with the song.

There’s so many times I’ve let you down
So many times I’ve played around
I’m telling you now they don’t mean a thing
Every place I go I think of you
Every song I sing I sing for you
When I come back I’ll wear your wedding ring

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
Cuz I’m leaving on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

But now the time has come to leave you
One more time now let me kiss you
And close your eyes and I’ll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won’t have to leave alone
About the days that I won’t have to say
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
Cuz I’m leaving on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

When the song is over they both lay down on their sleeping bags and think about the song. Liz finally breaks the silence. “Wow, That was fitting.”

“Yeah.”

“Except, of course, I’m leaving on a big boat. Hey, you know what?”

“What?”

“I’ve never been on a boat before.”

“That should be interesting.”

“Yeah.”

They both laugh.

“Good night Max.”

“Good night Liz.”

“Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you”

“I love you too, Max”

With that they both fell asleep smiling.

Part 0 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.