FanFic - Max/Liz
"Last Beautiful Girl"
Part 4
by Girl_Interrupte
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, and the WB.
Summary: Takes place after “End of the World.” It contains spoilers (if you haven‘t seen EOTW), so be warned. A turning a point in the Max/Liz relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the sequel to, “Returning to Normal.” If you haven’t read that, it’s highly suggested that you read it. If you don’t you may not get this story.
1 week later

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. It wasn’t that bad. Really. Okay, so it was that bad. All that I needed to remember what that it would be over in a week. Maybe if I chanted that, it wouldn’t be so bad. One week. One week. One week.

“One week, what?” Madison asked, from her seat beside me.

We were on the airplane, only moments from landing in Albuquerque. Only moments from Max. Oh, God. I can’t do this.

“I can’t do this, Maddy. I can’t go back. Let’s just go back to Ohio, and tell my mom and dad that we missed the flight. Let’s get on any other flight and not meet my parents. I know, let’s run away!” I was hyperventilating.

“Lizzie, breathe. Just calm down.” She rubbed my back.

After a few minutes I had somewhat regained my composure. The urge to throw up slowly receded. And my pounding headache ceased.

“You can do this, Liz. I know how hard this is for you, but you need to put your fear aside. You need to do this, for yourself.” Her voice was soothing.

I’m so glad I brought her. She could help me through this. If anyone could, it was her.

“So, your parents are meeting us there, right?” She was nervous about meeting my parents.

Also, meeting Maria. She knew how close we used to be, and how we had grown apart. She admitted to me that she felt responsible for it, but I told her it wasn’t her fault. It was mine. And I planned to confess to Maria why I had pushed her away.

“Yeah, gate B.” My voice filled with excitement.

In spite of all my nervousness, I was so happy to see my mom and dad again. I missed them so much, and I still couldn’t believe that I had spent so much time away from them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Here’s your free alien mask.” I said, as I handed one to a tourist.

I had only been at work for 2 hours, but my mind was elsewhere. Where was it? Right where my heart was. At the Albuquerque airport waiting for Liz to get off her plane. This was not good. I couldn’t let myself fall in love with her again. Of course, I was already in love with her. But, not like it used to be. Before I couldn’t go 5 minutes without thinking of her. The way she smiled, the way her hair fell into her eyes, and the way her eyes looked into mine. Now, I could go at least an hour before I was sucked into it. I needed to be strong. Liz made it clear that it was over, but I couldn’t take no for an answer. So what had I done? I had gone on and on, insisting that we were meant to be. The result, she drove me away further. And I didn’t know if I could ever go back again.

“Max. Max!” Brody yelled from across the room.

“Oh, sorry. Yeah?” I slowly came out of my revere.

“I’ve called your name at least 8 times. Is there something wrong?” His accent was thick.

“Uh, no. I-I’m fine. Just, um, daydreaming.” I gave him a smile, hoping that it looked convincing.

“Well, we’re finished up here. So, why don’t you go home.” His voice was muffled.

I looked over to discover he was under the space ship display.

“What? I’ve only been here for 2 hours. My shift doesn’t end till 6p.m.”

“Yeah, but I know your little friend is coming home today. So why don’t you just go see her.” He didn’t even come out from under the ship.

“Are you sure?”

“Go!” He yelled.

I didn’t plan on going to the Crashdown to see Liz. But I figured, if Brody thought I should leave early, who was I to stop him. On my way to the Jeep, I glanced over to see if the Parkers' car was there. It wasn’t.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.