FanFic - Max/Liz
"It's Not Fair"
Part 1
by RJ
Disclaimer: I do not own anything except my head, especially including, but not limited to, Roswell, all the characters, episodes, etc.
Summary: Max and Liz talk, a lot, set after Christmas Carol.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
One Saturday afternoon in March, Liz was working at the Crash Down. Max was sitting in his usual booth, drinking a soda, studying his English book. Well, pretending to study English, when he was actually studying Liz Parker. It was unbelievable, even to him, that he loved her, even after she broke his heart, by sleeping with Kyle Valenti. They were friends now, sort of, but when she wasn’t looking, and even sometimes when she was, Max still looked at her with loving, deep, brown eyes. The kind that made her melt inside. At the moment, he was giving her one of those looks, and Kyle, who was sitting in the booth behind him, happened to notice.

“So, Evans, you and Liz still aren’t back together?” Kyle asked, knowing the answer.

“Go away, Kyle,” Max replied annoyed.

“Look, I know you think this is my fault, but bud you were the one who made her mad. That’s the only reason she came to me in the first place. I mean, I bet if you guys talked, everything would be explained, and you guys would get back together. You’d be doing the rest of the world a favor by saving us from having to look at you two pining over each other, and being so stupid by letting little things get in the way,” Kyle said, trying to be caring.

“Kyle, you slept with her! That’s not a little thing! Things can’t go back to the way they used to be. Besides, Liz and I are friends now. We’re happy with that,” Max said, trying to convince Kyle and himself, but not succeeding.

“I just thought that maybe she’d finally...I don’t know, never mind, see ya Evans,” Kyle said walking off.

“You thought she’d finally what?” Max called after him.

Kyle turned, “Max, you’ve got to talk to her. This is between you guys, I’m just a vessel.” Kyle turned back, walked to register, paid his bill, and walked out.

That night, Michael was talking to Max, in Max’s bedroom. “I can’t believe Kyle had the nerve to say that. He acted all innocent. It just pisses me off,” Max said flopping onto his bed.

“I know Max, but he has a point. You and Liz aren’t fooling anyone,” Michael said bluntly.

“Yeah...I love her so much it hurts, but then sometimes I just get this picture of her and Kyle in bed together and it makes me sick. It's not fair!” he shouted.

“Life’s not fair Maxwell, I thought you knew that by now,” Michael answered, unemotionally. “Well, I got to go, I’m suppose to meet Maria.”

“So, are you and she an item again?” Max asked, trying to sound like he cared, but he was still wrapped up in his own thoughts.

“We’re going out tonight. We're just going to take it day by day. She knows I’m not into the whole commitment thing,” Michael explained.

“Yeah,” Max agreed unenthused, “Have fun.”

“Yeah, later,” Michael said departing through the window.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.