Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I Was Meant For You"
Part 4
by Britt
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell characters.
Summary: Liz's life 3 years after the aliens left to go to Antar.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"So what kind of car would you like to rent?" said the clerk, at the car rental place.

"Ummm, I really don't know...what kind of cars do you have?" said Jeremy, obviously tired from the 4 hour plane and all of the waiting that they had done.

"We have sports cars, mini vans, SUVs, classics..."

"What kind of SUVs do you have?" asked Liz. She was just as tried as Jeremy, because they had woken up at 12:00am to catch their flight that was supposed to have taken off at 1:30am, their time, but it had been a 2 hour delay. So finally 7 hours later at approximately 7:30 in the morning due to the one hour time difference that New Mexico has, they were finally at Santa Fe Airport trying to rent a car so that they could drive the rest of the way from Santa Fe to Roswell, because nobody knew they were coming. Liz wanted their arrival to be a surprise, so NOBODY knew.

"The only ones that we have are the 2000 Ford Explorers." said the clerk, looking at his computer and typing away on the keyboard.

"Fine, we'll take it." said Liz in a hurry, even though she was tired she still couldn't help the feeling of excitement that was crawling up her stomach the closer and closer she got to Roswell.

"What color would you like? We have navy blue, forest green, or red."

"Navy blue." said Jeremy, as he handed the clerk his credit card, and then signed the bill.

The clerk gave him the keys to the navy blue, Ford Explorer, and then thanked them for their business and told them to have a great trip.

****

Liz woke up to the sound of Jeremy pulling off the highway and into a gas station, somewhere off of the highway.

"Hey, sleepyhead." said Jeremy, as Liz sat up in her seat. "I didn't want to wake you up you look so cute when you sleep, but after I fill up the gas tank it's your turn to drive." he finished after he gave her a small kiss on the lips.

"Okay." she replied as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and then hopped into the drivers side.

"Do you want anything, when I go into pay for the gas?" Jeremy asked, as he poked his head threw her window.

"Ummm...could you please get me a small coffee, with sugar and cream?"

"Sure no problem."

Jeremy was so sweet he drove the first half, so that Liz could sleep first even though he was probably more tired that she was, since she had slept on the plane. Also it was partly because Liz knew where to go once she got into Roswell. Liz had slept for 2 of the 4 hours it takes to get to Roswell, upon leaving the airport. She didn't even remember leaving the airport, because she was fast asleep as soon as her head had hit the seat cushion.

She heard the door open still lost in thought but she saw Jeremy get into the passengers side with one coffee, that he gave to Liz, signaling her that the tank was all full of gas and it was all paid for. She took a sip of her hot coffee, that was just the way she liked it, because Jeremy always knew how to make her coffee even without her having to tell him. She started the car and drove back onto the highway and into the direction of Roswell, all the while the excitement grew bigger and bigger.

****

Liz drove the rest of the way there, and while she was driving she didn't recognize not one little thing, until she passed the Roswell city limits sign, but it still told her that she had been gone way to long and that she should come back more often. Liz looked at all of the small town buildings that rushed pasted in her window, that made up the small town of Roswell.

She remembered all of the turns to get to the Crashdown. Her heart was beating against her chest so loud and hard that she thought that it would wake up Jeremy, and also it was getting a little bit hard to breath, as she realized that nothing in this town had changed much.

She quickly woke up Jeremy up, when she saw that the Crashdown was coming in sight. She sharply inhaled a deep breath, and then let it out trying to calm her nerves down.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.