FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 2
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own them, just borrowing
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: If you're lost, here's what I'm doing with this story. Max and Liz have never met. Max, Isabel, and their parents moved from Roswell only months after them getting Adopted. Michael was in the same foster home at the same time, and he's kept in contact with Max and Isabel. Now they've moved back, and it's not long after their mother passed away. Liz's Dad is gone too, and now it's just her and her mom. Hope that helps.
Maria watched as Michael Guerin, and some guy and girl she didn’t know, came into the Crashdown. Great, she thought. He has to come in while I’m working?

“We’re leaving,” Liz announced as her and Alex came in from the back. Maria looped her hand through her best friends’ arm. “Liz, can you be a dear and do me a little itsy-bitsy favor?”

“What?” Liz asked, hesitantly.

“Serve table number five.”

Liz cocked her head. “No way. You deal.” Maria scoffed.

“Did I or did I not take Kyle’s table for you last night?” she asked. Alex perked up. “Why didn’t you want to take Kyle’s table?” he asked Liz. “I did…but I was just busy,” Liz fibbed. Maria rolled her eyes. “Please, you’ve been avoiding him all week.” “You’ve been avoiding Michael all year,” Liz replied. Alex sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “I’ll take it,” he volunteered. Maria gave him a quick hug and sighed. “Alex is the best,” she told Liz. “That’s what my mom said.”
****************************

“Space fries?” Isabel asked. “They’re french fries, Isabel,” Michael replied.

“Why can’t they just say that?”

“Cause that would deflect the whole ‘alien’ theme,” a voice said.

Max looked up to see a tall red head standing at the edge of their table.

“I’m Alex. Can I get you anything?”

Michael glanced up at him. “Since when do you work here?” he asked.

Alex shrugged. “Maria needed some help. Cheery coke?”

Michael nodded. “Max? Isabel?”

“Um, cheery coke and space fries,” Max answered.

“Same for me,” Isabel said finally.

Alex took down the order and glanced at Isabel, then went to the back.

“You know him?” Isabel asked.

“Same school for 10 years.”

Max nodded. He glanced back to where Alex had gone. A blonde girl came back out with him and started to fill the cups. She motioned toward Alex, who came and got the cups. They spoke for a sec, and then she hesitantly went and got the fries.

“Oh great,” Michael said as they approached.

“Here you go,” Alex said happily. The girl just smiled tightly and glared at Michael. Then sat the fries down in front of Max and Isabel. Alex nudged her arm.

“Have a nice dinner, you guys…and Michael.” Max glanced at Michael; who also had a scowl on his face.

“Thanks,” Isabel said nicely. Maria smiled at her then left the table.

Alex sighed. “You have to ignore Maria. She’s in a bad mood,” he explained.

“When’s she not?” Michael mumbled.

Max cleared his throat and looked up at Alex. “Where are the rest rooms?”

Alex pointed to a hallway. “Right through that opening.”

Max nodded and got up to head that way. As he was walking past a door marked ‘employees only’, he caught a glimpse of a girl with long brown hair.

Max stopped for a second to gaze at her, but moved on when he noticed she was about to turn his way. He found the bathroom and went in.

As he was coming out, the women’s bathroom door opened and Max bumped into someone. Without thinking, Max reached out his hand to steady the other person.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he looked up. It was her. Max dropped his hands and cleared his throat. He went to speak, but no sound came out. She’s so beautiful, he thought.

“I didn’t see you,” she said.

“Yeah,” Max agreed. He saw her cheeks’ redden, and figured he must be staring. He looked away quickly.

“Um…are you new around here?” she asked.

Max nodded. “Yeah,” he got out.

She smiled up at him and was about to speak when Maria came around the corner.

“Hey…” she said awkwardly.

Max knew he was blushing. “Um…I better get back to my friends,” he mumbled as he left the hallway.

*****************

Liz watched him walk away.

“Ahem! And what was that?” Maria asked in a playful tone.

“That was just me bumping into someone,” Liz said as she walked around Maria.

Maria followed her. “Really? That’s all?”

Liz sighed. “I gotta go. Where’s Alex?”

Maria smiled. “At your man’s table,” she said with a smile. Liz quickly glanced over and saw Alex talking to Michael and him. There was also a blonde at the table.

“Got get your thing on,” Maria urged.

Liz rolled her eyes. “Maria,” she spun to look at her, “I’m dating Kyle.”

Maria nodded. “Really?”

“Yes,” she replied. “Plus I’m sure he just thinks I’m some ditz who can’t see 3 feet in front of her,” Liz added.

“Really?”

Liz nodded. “Then why is he staring at you?” Maria asked.

Liz opened her mouth to speak, then stopped and closed it again. “Yeah, ok. I’m leaving,” she said finally.

Maria smiled and followed her over to them. Liz walked up behind Alex and waited for them to notice her.

Max locked his eyes on her first, and then everyone else looked.

Alex smiled. “Ready Miss Parker?” he asked.

Liz nodded. Alex looked back at the others. “Well, the movies call. Nice to meet you guys,” he added.

Liz glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. He was looking down at the table now. All of a sudden, Maria pinched her arm Liz cried out in surprise. She felt everyone’s eyes on her, even his.

Liz smiled. “Um…a bug bit me. You ready Alex?” she asked. She noticed Maria throwing her a look, but ignored her.

Alex nodded and Liz glanced back once more at him, only to find his eyes locked on her. They were a deep brown and soulful. But he only held her gaze a sec, then looked away.

“See you guys later,” Alex said as he opened the door for Liz. She smiled at the others then walked out.
*Sexy lips, platinum wrists
Ten tips like he gets manicures
I can’t resist those eyes of his
Staring at his lips and then his ears
And his voice is hypnotizing
And his hand was tantalizing
I dismissed what I wished
Without me realizing

He was what I wanted
Exactly what I needed
He was what I fantasized
He was what I dreamed
And it would be so perfect
If him and me would leave
Why couldn’t I just tell him my feelings?
We were meant to be

I spotted him walking in the doorway
Of the restaurant the other day
When I met that perfect man
I didn’t speak when I had the chance
I didn’t know exactly what to say
At the restaurant the other day
When I met that perfect man
I didn’t speak when I had the chance*
‘Perfect Man’ by Destiny’s Child

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.