FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 23
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Liz was felt the tub underneath her disappear and she felt like she was flying through the air. Her mind opened up and she was standing on the front lawn of West Roswell Elementary School. She looked down and saw she was wearing a pure white dress. It flowed down her body, flaring a tiny bit at the bottom. She reached up and felt she has flowers in her hair.

"I feel like an Angel," she murmured. She looked around and noticed kids all around her. She heard a squeal and looked to see a little boy with dark spiked hair chasing a little blonde girl with a frog.

Liz laughed; thinking it looked like Maria and Michael. She looked away and saw a little girl in front of the busses wearing a dark blue dress with cup cakes on it.

Liz gasped and walked up to the little girl. She got down in front of her, looking all over her face. "It's me," she whispered in awe. The little girl laughed and started to play 'rock, paper, scissors' with little Maria.

Liz looked over and saw Michael watching from behind a tree. He looks so lonely, she thought. Liz walked over and looked down at him. To her surprise, he looked up at her and smiled. As bright light filled her vision, and Liz had to shield her eyes.

Michael then pointed back at the busses, and Liz turned to see the little boy get off the bus. Liz watched in awe as her little self noticed him and he noticed her back. Michael laughed and ran over, taking the little girl's hand and the little boy's. The three ran off toward the school.

"Wait!" Liz called out. She ran over to them. The little boy stopped and looked at her. In an instance he shifted and Liz was looking into the eyes of Max Evans.

She spun around and noticed she was no longer at the school. She was now out in the desert with the stars shining brightly in the sky above. She gasped as she saw the lake; the stars were shining double in its reflection. She could feel his eyes on her, traveling up and down her body. Her back was toward his as he walked up behind her. She could feel his presence, but he was still holding back. Water started to run down her arm, and he bent to catch it in his hands.

"Max…" she called out, wanting him to touch here. She licked her lips, imagining him placing his over hers.

After what filled like a lifetime, she felt his fingers lightly trace her collarbone sending shivers up her spine.

She sighed out his name again, and Max moved his hand up farther on her neck. Liz turned her head toward him, seeing his shadow out of the corner of her eye. She turned even more, making it so he was right in front of her. Liz looked up in his face and saw all the passion in his eyes and was taken back. Max reached up and cupped her face, caressing her face with his thumb. Liz felt a jolt run through her body as his other hand traced her neck again.

"Oh…" Liz moaned out as she felt his attraction to her. It came washing over her with every touch. Not being able to control herself, Liz softly kissed his hand, taking in his taste and smell.

She heard Max let out a groan and smiled, knowing she made him do that. She then felt her breath catch in her chest as Max leaned in and stared hard at her face. He stopped just inches before their lips touched. Liz could feel his breath on her face and her knees grew weak. She closed her eyes as Max finally crossed the distance between them and pressed his lips gently to hers.

Liz fell forward and opened her eyes to her bathroom. What?! She looked around for Max, finally realizing she was alone in her bathroom. She immediately touched her lips. They were warm and tingling. Liz sat back down into the tub and sighed. She was almost convinced the dream had been real. She glanced over at the radio and heard the last few bars of 'Show Me' by Bree Sharp. Liz glanced around the room and stopped when she saw her door was open. She froze and listened. No one was around. That door was shut, she thought. Liz got out of the bath and put on her towel. She walked out of the bathroom, glancing nervously around the bedroom.

Liz heard a siren and looked over at her widow. It was opened too. "I know I shut that!" she hissed, running over and closing it. Liz spun around and ran over to her door, slowly opening it and looking down the hallway. When she saw it was clear, Liz looked back into her room.

"Honey-"

Liz screamed and jumped onto her bed. She spun around and saw her mother standing in the doorway, a look of shock on her face. "Mom?"

"Liz? What's wrong?" Nancy asked, rushing into the room. She pulled Liz down from her bed, running her hands through her hair.

Liz looked at her mom. "Have you been in my room?"

"No, why?"

"Is anyone else here?" Liz asked, looking around the room.

"Liz…what's wrong?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Nothing…I just…I'm just a little nervous about tonight I guess."

"We both are," her mother confessed. "Here, whatda think?"

Liz looked her mother up and down. She was wearing a deep green ankle length dress with a lighter shade shaw. "Wow…mom…words fail me," she said, using one of Alex's lines.

Her mother smiled. "Is that good?"

"Yes, it's good," Liz said with a smile.

Nancy smiled and spun around. "Zip me?"

Liz zipped up the dress and sighed. Nancy walked in front of the mirror and spun around. "So…what are you wearing tonight?"

Liz shrugged. "Oh…I don't know-"

"Anyone home?!"

Liz smiled and yelled back, "In the bedroom!"

A second later Alex walked in. "Ok, Maria and Michael are driving me crazy!" he took in Liz's appearance and added, "Are we all out of clothes?"

Liz rolled her eyes and sighed. "I need help picking out something to wear."

"You better hurry, we need to leave in about twenty minutes," Ms. Parker added, going out the door.

Alex came in and shut the door back. "Ok, why aren't you ready? You've been up here for over and hour!"

Liz sighed. "I don't know…I feel asleep in the tub." She opened her closet door and looked in. "You know, I actually had a funny dream about Max-" Liz stopped talking. I did not just say that!! She changed the subject quickly. " So, what about the black--"

"Whoa! Hold the phone," Alex said suddenly.

Liz looked back at him. "What?" she pulled out a black skirt. "You don't like it?"

Alex shook his head and pulled the skirt out of her hands. "First off, this skirt has a rip in it, and I'm talking about Max."

Liz grabbed the skirt back and looked down at it. There was indeed a rip in it. "Great…I was gonna wear this," she whined.

Alex groaned, and pulled the skirt back again, throwing it onto the bed. "Liz, the dream?"

She fumbled with the top drew of her dresser. "This thing always sticks."

"Liz!"

"Ok, ok! I had a dream about Max." Liz went back over to her closet. "Now, help me with what I should wear."

Alex walked over and started to looked through her dresses. "What kind of dream?"

Liz blushed and bent down to look through her shoes. "A dream, dream."

"A sexy dream?" he asked in a mocking voice.

"Alex!"

"I'll take that as a yes. Here." he handed her a burgundy slip dress.

"Hmm…this could work. And it wasn't a yes," she added, standing back up.

"Yes it was."

Liz shot him a look and held the dress up in front of her. "I don't know…I haven't gotten to wear this yet."

"It'll be perfect. And maybe Max'll see you in it," he added as he winked at her.

Liz playfully slapped him on the arm as he turned so she could change. He picked up the pic of all three of them and said, "Maria is driving me crazy downstairs."

"Ok, you can look."

Alex turned to see Liz looking at him. He scanned her up and down and was speechless. The dress flared right under her chest, making it seem to spin around her. "Words fail me."

Liz smiled and looked in the mirror. "Really?"

Alex nodded. "So, back to the dream."

Liz looked back in the mirror and said to Alex' reflection, "Alex…my dream was really weird."

"Weird how?" Liz scanned his eyes. "Liz, you can tell me."

"I felt him," she said softly.

Alex gave a little laugh and looked at her reflection in the mirror. "You felt him?"

Liz spun and looked him straight in the eye. "I felt his presence, Alex. It was like…like he was in the dream."

She sighed and sat down at her vanity mirror, letting her hair fall down and she started to comb it. "It could feel how much he wanted me."

"Well…when people have sexual dreams, they usually feel things," Alex joked, sitting on the bed. He saw Liz's face in the mirror and looked at her hard. "You're serious, aren't you?"

Liz put down her brush and shook her head. "God…I feel like an idiot."

Alex scooted to the end of the bed and met Liz as she looked back at him. "Liz…I know you. You've always thought before you act. And right now, your heart is in control, and you're not used to it," Alex explained.

Liz smiled and looked up into his eyes. "You think I'm letting my heart lead?"

Alex nodded. "It's trying, but your brain is kinda an egomaniac."

Liz rolled her eyes and spun back to the mirror. "So, hair? Up or down?"

Alex laughed and laid down on the bed. Life was ok in the world.

Part 22 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.