FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 22
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Max walked past Isabel's room and saw her light was off. He was gonna knock on it, but stopped in his tracks when she opened it and glared at him. "Whose side are you on?"

"What?"

"You act like you don't care that our dad has a girlfriend," she said in a nasty tone.

Max winced. "Can we not use that word and dad in the same sentence?" he asked.

Isabel shook her head. "Great, ignore it Max. Maybe it'll go away."

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Isabel replied as she went back into her room.

Max followed her. "About what happened today."

Isabel stopped and finally faced him. "What happened today was today. Not now. I gotta get ready." She stormed out of the room and into the bathroom.

Max sighed loudly and left the room also, slamming his bedroom door in frustration. A second later, there was a knock at his door. "I'm done talking Isabel."

"It's not Isabel," his dad called through the door.

Max ran his hands through his hair and opened the door. "Yeah?"

"Is everything ok? I heard doors slamming."

Max just shook his head. "No…we're cool. Just a little tense about tonight," he lied.

His father sighed, then finally nodded. "Ok…I understand this is new and takes time to get used to, but I wanna try at least."

Max just watched as his father walked away. He shut the door this quietly this time and walked back over to his bed, flopping down and letting his arms fall off each side. He looked over at his clock. It was after six already.

"Hurry up, Isabel!" he called out, knowing she would be in there forever. Max looked out of his window and sighed. He was supposed to be at the Crashdown with Liz right now. Max smiled and shut his eyes, letting the image of Liz fill the back of his eyelids. He could see her deep brown eyes and her long eyelashes, her long, lushess deep brown hair and her perfect lips. Max groaned and rolled over in his bed. He continued to think about Liz, letting his imagination take over. He could feel her slender arms around his, her lips pressed up against his, her body beside his. Max sighed and pulled up his head when he heard water stop running. Isabel's done already? He thought.

As soon as he head left the pillow, Max shot up and looked around. He wasn't in his room anymore. He looked down at the bed. The cover was a deep green, and only a double. His was a full. Max slowly stood up, taking in the room.

It was a right good size, two of the walls were wood of some kind, but the other two were brick, and Max say a balcony out one of them. He spun in a circle, noticing the desk full of books, the full-length mirror, the picture on the beside dresser.

Max walked over and picked it up. He felt his heart jump when he saw the picture had Liz, Alex, and Maria in it. Max glanced around and spotted another picture on the other side of the room. He raced over and snatched it up, realizing it was Liz also, but a few years younger. And she was with an older lady, more then likely her grandmother, in the desert. He sat the picture back down and looked out the window. The scenery was exact to the outside of the Crashdown. It's just a dream.

Max pulled his head back in a noticed the smell of the room. It was thick and it was coming from the doorway to his left. Max walked over to it and barley heard the sound of a radio. He slowly pushed open the door and was hit with a wave of steam.

Max saw the candles and how the lights were down low and it smelled like flowers. He walked in a little more and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Liz was in the tub. Max noted how the bubbles only covered patches of her body, leaving little to the imagination.

Max quickly backtracked out of the room and leaned against the wall. He took a deep breath. "It's only a dream…you just fell asleep," he told himself. He felt his heart racing and how his breath was catching in his throat. "A very vivid dream," he added.

Max rubbed his hands over his eyes and opened 'em again. He was still in her room. Max stared at the door of the bathroom, yearning consuming his whole body. Maybe just a peek, he thought. After all, it was only a dream. Wasn't it?

He slowly walked back into the bathroom, careful not to make too much noise. Max took a deep breath and walked another step closer to the bathtub. Liz had her head leaned back with her eyes closed; her hair swept up on top of her head.

Max walked a little closer and let his eyes drift down to the rest of her face. She had a content look on her face and Max marveled at how beautiful she was. He walked closer and crouched down by the tub.

Liz's arm was over the side, her fingers dripping water onto the floor. Max ran his hand under hers, letting the water hit his own fingers. He glanced back up at her and let his eyes drift down the rest of her body. Max's eyes traced every line of her body, taking in everything he could see. Her leg was up out of the water; her thigh exposed a little. Max looked back up at her face. She seemed lost in thought, not even feeling his intensive staring.

Max let his eyes drift down her neck and then across her chest. The bubbles only let his eyes roam so far, but it could see enough to make him blush. Max looked away quickly, sitting down on the floor, his back against the tub.

"Max…" Liz murmured, moving her head a little. Max froze and held his breath. When Liz didn't say anything else, he turned back around and looked at her. She had a smile on her face, her lips wet from where she had licked them.

Max nearly groaned and had to use all of his willpower to stop himself from leaning over and kissing her. He reached out and was about to trace her lips with his thumb when he caught himself and pulled it back.

What are you doing?! His brain yelled at him. Max sighed and let his eyes travel down her body once more. He stopped on his way up at her neckline.

Max finally gave in and let his hand get closer to her, finally tracing her collarbone with his fingers lightly.

Liz sighed and said his name again, making Max bolder and letting his hand move up her neck. Liz shifted her head a little, making more contact with his hand. Max moved his hand up even more and cupped the side of her face.

Liz turned to face, him, her eyes still closed and Max was struck again at how beautiful she was. He concluded that she looked more pretty when her face was pure, with no make-up. He loved being able to see her freckles.

Max caressed her cheek with his thumb, taking his other hand and tracing her neckline again. Liz lit out a little moan and Max choked back one of his own. Liz then kissed his hand and Max couldn't hold it back this time and let out a little moan.

Max leaned in and found himself staring down at her lips, wanting to kiss her badly. Don't do it! His mind screamed, but Max was too far gone to listen. He stopped right in front of her face. He could feel her breath on his lips and he was completely lost. He gently touched his lips to hers-

And shot up straight in his own bed. Max let out a breath and fell back onto his bed. "I really need to have more productive dreams," he mumbled, running his hands over his face. Max stopped when his face felt wet. He slowly pulled down his hand and it had water on it. "Oh my god…"

He jumped out of his bed and raced to Isabel's room. He knocked on the door, waited two seconds, and then knocked again. "Isabel!"

"What?" she asked, coming from the bathroom behind him. Max pulled her into his room, shutting the door behind 'em. "What is your problem?!" Isabel asked, pulling her robe tight around her.

Max put his hand up in front of her face. "Look at this!"

Isabel looked at him like he was crazy, then at his hand. "Oh…it's water," she said mockingly. "Can I go?"

Max made her sit on the bed. "I just had a dream," he started.

Isabel sighed and patted the towel that was around her head.

"In the dream, I was at Liz's house. And she was-was…there too," he stumbled. "But in the dream, my hand got wet-are you listening to me?" he asked suddenly.

"Yes! Max, it was just a dream."

"Ok, does Liz have a balcony and a bathroom in her room?" Max asked.

Isabel thought back. "Yeah, I think so-"

"And does she have a double bed with dark green sheets? Or a picture of her, Alex, and Maria on her bed stand? Or a full length mirror-"

"How do you know all this? You haven't been in her room, have you?" Isabel asked, giving him her full attention.

Max looked desperate. "No…I haven't. I saw all that in my dream," he explained.

Isabel looked at him. "Max…it's all true, at least I think it is-although, I wasn't too interested in her bed…which you seem to be."

Max sighed and held out his hand to Isabel again. "Iz…my hand was wet when I woke up. It got wet in my dream-"

"Ok," Isabel interrupted. "How did it get wet?"

"What?" Max asked, looking at her with big eyes.

"How did your hand get wet?"

Max shrugged. "Um…I was…the room…and Liz-it just did, ok?"

Isabel shook her head. "Max, if you want me to help, I need to know what happened."

Max sighed and put his head in his hands. "I…'dreamt' I was in Liz's bedroom and she was in the bath…well, to make a log story short-I got pretty close," he said quickly between his hands. He finally looked up at Isabel.

"Ok…" she said, her face was emotionless. "That's um….that's a typical guy dream I guess."

Max felt his face get red. "Isabel, let's just get back to the problem at hand." Isabel laughed and Max groaned. "Isabel!!"

"Ok, ok. Um…have you ever had a dream like-like…that before, about Liz?" she asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Max's face got even redder. "This is not the problem-"

"Yes it is, we need to know if it's happened before," Isabel explained.

Max blew out all of air and sat on the floor. "Last week…the night of your sleepover."

Isabel looked at him. "And?"

"And…and couldn't I tell Michael about this?" he asked.

Isabel sighed and looked at the clock. "Michael is just gonna make a big thing about this-"

"This is a big thing!"

Isabel looked at the clock again. "Look-it's 6:29. You gotta get ready, and I need to do my make-up."

"What-how can I possibly-"

"Max…dad is not gonna let you stay in your room all night thinking…or whatever, about Liz."

Max fell back onto his bed and sighed loudly. "I can't just…not think about this."

"Look, we can call Michael-if we have to, but he can't come over," Isabel said from the door. "We have to be good little children tonight."

Max heard his door shut and he looked back out his window. "Liz…"

Part 21 | Index | Part 23
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.