Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Heir to the Granolith"
Part 8
by Adian
Disclaimer: Creation of Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and now on the UPN!!!!!
Summary: Only through End of the World in season two happened. Selected events from the rest of the season will happen at some point. Alex went to Sweden but never came back. He decided to finish his education in Europe. Max getting Tess pregnant did happen and she had the baby. Please don't throw anything at me yet!!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
The chamberlain enters Khivar’s office “Sire the High Priest is requesting an audience with you.”

“Send him in.”

“Sire, I have some of the information you wanted. Elizabeth Parker’s death has been confirmed. My agents found the cemetery and dug up the grave. Her remains were in there. They found newspaper articles and police reports to back everything up. However the research on the Granolith is not progressing very well. The books containing the information are missing. We’ve done a thorough search of the temple, library, and everyone’s quarters. With your permission I would like to search the palace.”

Khivar is very perplexed by the news. “How long have the books been missing?”

“We don’t know. The books are so rarely used no one can remember the last time anyone had a need for them.”

“You have my leave to search the palace. Talk to my chamberlain on the way out to set it up.”

“Thank you Sire.” The High Priest bows and walks out of the office.

Khivar sits down trying to sort through the new information. His wife’s screaming breaks his reverie. “You sniveling little worm I know he is in there and I am going in.” With that said Tess barges into Khivar’s office.

“When are you going to let Zannor out of his room? We all know he is an idiot and says the wrong things. What did he do that was so terrible for him to be locked up for weeks?”

“Why dearheart I’m sure you know everything that was said. You’ve been sneaking into his room at night against my wishes.” Khivar watches his wife’s ashen face in amusement.

Panicking, “He is my son I only wanted to be sure he was being taken care of properly.”

“Of course you were, your such a devoted mother concerned with all of his interests.”

He knows. He knows. What do I do?

Earth

“I’ve been patient long enough when are you going to answer my questions?” demands Max.

“Maxwell to many peoples lives are at stake. You had to be checked out to see if Khivar left any surprises in your mind or body. Until we have you in a secure area I can’t answer anymore of your questions. Michael/Rath had to die. I have been someone else for half my life. Only a handful of people know who I truly am. It is one of the many precautions we take. For now you must call me my lord, warlord, or Dagan. Maria is Sorcha.”

Frustrated, “How much longer are we going to be on this damn plane?”

“Actually we will be landing in a few minutes. Don’t ask where because I’m not going to tell you. Quit looking at me like that!”

Max looks out the window as the plane lands but it is to dark to see anything. They exit the plane. Michael leads them to an ancient stone ring. He waves his hand over one of the stones and a doorway appears. Seeing Max hesitate, “Come Maxwell the answer to your questions is before you.”

They begin the long descent to the underground base. Finally they step into a huge cavern that is filled with the answers he needed. Isabel is alive standing in Alex’s embrace. With tears of joy alighting her face Isabel runs into her brother’s arms holding on for dear life. Max whispers into her ear, “Izzy, Izzy I thought you were dead.”

“Oh my god you’re here. You’re really here. Max, I feel like this is a dream. I’ve been waiting so long for this. I’ve missed you so much.”

“What about Mom and Dad?”

“I’m sorry Max they died of natural causes a few years ago. They were able to live out the last part of their lives here with their grandchildren and us. Mom and Dad had absolute faith that you were coming back to us one day. They left a message for you. Max they loved us so much.”

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.