FanFic - Max/Liz
"Epiphanies 1: The Ties that Bind"
Part 14
by Carol
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters except Josh; they are owned by Melinda Metz and the WB (or whomever!)
Summary: This story involves all characters, but centers around Max and Liz. This takes place a couple of months after Destiny. The Pod Squad meets someone with some answers, Liz is in danger, Mrs. Evans has a shock.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Sheldon and Dee for some valuable feedback, and for the support of my listserv, who really encouraged me! I love this show in an unprecedented way: It feels right--it feels right like nothing has ever felt in my life before.
The sun had been up for hours when Max opened his eyes, but when he did, he saw a vision that made him think he was still asleep. His beautiful Liz was sitting watching him, her smile rivaling the sun. "I've been afraid to close my eyes, for fear you'd disappear," she said softly. "I've even found myself holding my breath so as not to break the spell."

He reached for her, and she came willingly into his arms. Their kiss, sweet and gentle at first, triggered a shower of sensation, and their need for each other became all that existed. They were awash in arms and legs and mouths, and when they opened their eyes for just a moment, as if to reassure themselves that this was real, they realized they were bathed in light, light that emanated from them! They smiled at each other. "This is how you make me feel all the time," Max murmured. "You are my light." Looking into Max's eyes, Liz felt herself falling into him, into the safe harbor of love she had given up for lost.

"I can't leave you again, Max. It was hard enough before, but now I just can't. We are bound together, whether it's fate or destiny or just my heart. You're stuck with me."

"Liz," he held her so tightly he was almost afraid of hurting her. "That is what I've lived to hear."

He kissed her then, pouring out all the love he had held in reserve for so long. He wanted to touch her, share everything with her, be one with her. The knock at the door brought him up sharply. Dear God. What was he thinking? He was losing control. Liz looked up at him with love shining in her eyes.

"Liz, what are we doing? We're getting carried away." He breathed deeply. "It's enough to know that you love me. The rest will have to wait for a while."

Liz smiled seductively. "If you say so, Max." She pulled him toward her again and kissed him.

"Liz!" Max groaned. "You know I'm right, as sorry as I am to say it."

Liz fell back against the bed. "I hate it when you're right," she pouted.

The knock was more insistent this time. "Max, Liz! We need to meet. Everyone's here."

Max and Liz scrambled to make themselves presentable. "Max, I haven't even asked you what happened? How did you get me out of there? Where are those agents?"

"I'll explain everything, Liz. Let's get out there and we'll talk it out together. You haven't even met Josh."

"Who's Josh?"

Max laughed. "I guess we need to bring you up to speed." He took her hand and they joined the group in the living room.

"It's about time," Maria quipped, but threw herself at Liz for a hug. Alex embraced them both until Michael interrupted. "Could we get on with this?"

Maria threw him a patronizing look, but went over and sat leaning back against him. Liz turned to find Alex and Isabel together as well. She threw Max a questioning look. She thought they had just broken all the rules, but it looked like the others had beaten them to it. She noted that Kyle, Tess, and Valenti were all there, too.

"Liz, this is Josh. Believe it or not, he dreamwalked Isabel a couple of days ago and seems to have some of our answers. He arrived yesterday, but our first priority was rescuing you, so we haven't had a chance to talk to him yet."

"Dreamwalked? But . . . how? I don't understand."

"Hi, Liz. I know you have questions, too. I'll try to explain everything I know." He turned to the group. "I suppose Liz should hear about last night first, though, don't you think?"

Liz and Max settled on the floor-the only seats left-and everyone gave their version of Liz's rescue. When they had finished, Liz had tears in her eyes. "You guys . . . you risked so much for me. I just don't know how . . . no one has ever had better friends."

"We sort of got you into this, Liz," Isabel said. "I guess it was up to us to get you out."

Liz leaned her head against Max's chest. "Thank you," she mumbled, her voice cracking over the tears.

"The FBI has taken custody of Bellow and Samuels, but I have Pierce's assurance we won't be hearing from them again," volunteered Valenti.

"Sheriff, I can't thank you enough for helping last night," said Max awkwardly. "I know this must be . . . hard for you."

Valenti just bowed his head. "You're welcome, son. I don't think my debt to you will ever be paid." He looked over at Kyle.

"Okay, Josh. Tell us what you can about others out there like us," urged Michael eagerly.

"Okay." Josh took a deep breath and began.

Part 13 | Index | Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.