FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 1
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
"What do you have for me Agent Stevens?"

"His name is Max Evans sir."

"And?"

"And what sir?"

"That's all you have for me? A name? What evidence do you have against this man and did you even do a background check?" Agent Pierce asked angrily. This wasn't the first time Agent Stevens' incompetency had shown through like this.

"Well no sir but-"

"No buts, I want you to get out in the field and observe the subject. No contact. Just observe. Is that understood?" Agent Pierce fumed. Agent Stevens nodded. "Good, now get out of my office." Agent Stevens quickly exited leaving Pierce to massage his temples, a sign that he was getting a headache.

Once Agent Stevens was outside, he let out the breath that he didn't know he had been holding, and started towards his car. He was determined to make Pierce proud of him no matter what it took. He smiled a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. Yes he would get to Max Evans, if he had to kill everyone in his way first.

***********************************************************************

"Oh and Max Evans is staring at you again," Maria De Luca stated.

"What? Maria that is so in your imagination. Max is way too hot for me," Liz Parker argued.

"Well girl I gotta go deliver a package for my mom, so I'll see ya later. Go take his order, he's there all alone with nothing else to do but stare at you." Maria gave Liz a friendly hug. As Maria and Liz walked to the door, Maria bumped into Liz purposely and knocked her into Max's lap and ran out the door.

Liz was mortified. "Oh my god Max, I'm so sorry."

Max was too far gone to say anything. One minute he was fantasizing about having Liz Parker in his arms, and the next, she was sitting on his lap. When he finally regained his voice, it was lower and huskier. "It's okay, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I guess I just slipped." She tried to stand up and get off his lap. He put his hands around her waist to steady her when she stood. She turned around to face him. The tips of his ears were red like they always were whenever he was embarassed. She imagined that her cheeks were a dark crimson.

Max quickly realized that he was staring at her and he cleared his throat and looked at his menu. Liz was snapped out of her trance when Max cleared his throat. "Oh um, would you like to order something?"

"May I please have a Blue Moon Burger, some Saturn Fries, and a Cherry Cola?"

"Sure, I'll-" she was interrupted when the door opened and Tristan Behr, Eric Fehr, and Jacob Hanks walked in. Those were the jerks from school that always harassed Liz. Tristan even went as far as to shove her into some locker and pin her there by her wrists. Luckily, the principal was there to deal with him. But now it was just her, Jose (the cook who went out back to smoke for his break) and Max Evans left in the cafe. She stumbled backwards. "Um, Max, I'll be right back with your food." She turned and basically fled into the back room.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.