FanFic - Max/Liz
"Captured"
Part 4
by JBluver
Disclaimer: I regret to admit this, but I do not own the show Roswell, its characters, or anything else (sniff, sniff), though I get first dibs on Jason Behr when he goes on sale!
Summary: Liz started dating someone new during the summer after Destiny, but he has a secret that could harm the ones she loves . . .
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
THE FIRST DAY OF JUNIOR YEAR

“Liz!” David spotted his girl from across the parking lot. He ran to catch up with her. “You okay?” he asked with concern in his voice.

Liz knew exactly what he was talking about. “I can handle Max. I’ll talk to him once I see him,” she spoke with a sigh. “I just wish that we could be friends, but I know that our relationship is too . . . complicated. Just friends is going to be difficult.”

David hugged Liz. He smiled his evil smile over her head. *Don’t worry. You’ll both be dead soon, you won’t have to worry about it.*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Max gripped the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were turning white.

“Max, relax, you’re gonna break the wheel!” Isabel cried to her brother, who looked like he wanted to pound David into the ground. Max didn’t hear her.

“Maxwell, calm down!” Michael said, a little frantic. He’d never seen Max so pissed.

There was nothing Tess could say. She was scared, because she knew that Max was out of control, and if he David did one more thing, Max would blow.

David felt eyes on him. Specifically, Max’s eyes. He looked over and confirmed it. Max was straight ahead, sitting in his jeep. He looked like a madman. *Well, well, someone’s jealous. And all we’re doing is hugging. Let’s see if he likes this.* He gave Max a pure evil look, and turned Liz so that Max could see both of them. “Don’t worry, Lizzie, it will be fine.” Then he slowly leaned in and kissed her.

Everyone in the jeep saw the look. In fact, they felt the message David sent with them, too. *You’re all going to die, after you see her go, first.*

“Oh my god, Max—” Isabel cried out and looked at Max, but Max was no longer in the driver’s seat. “Michael, stop Max!!” she cried out hysterically. David knew what he was doing, she thought. When they all felt David’s message, Isabel, Tess, Michael, and Max also felt each other’s thoughts to the message.

Isabel, Tess, and Michael’s thoughts—evil alien, Evil Alien, EVIL ALIEN!!!!!

Max’s thoughts—KILL. HIM. NOW.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Liz felt David being pulled away from her. She opened her eyes in time to see Max throw the first punch. She’d never seen him so mad. David fell backwards from the blow. He knew that Max would punch him, but he wasn’t ready for the hate accompanied with it. *Oh, no. I’m not going down that easily.* David got up and hurled his fist into Max’s face. Max was too pissed to even feel that. He slammed his fist into David’s jaw, and David again flew backwards. This time, Max straddled him, and began punching, one fist after another, into David’s face.

“MAX, GET OFF HIM!!!!” Liz shrieked. Michael finally got there, and dragged Max off of David. By then, the entire student body had gathered around the fight.

One man couldn’t hold Max down. His anger and hatred for David controlled his actions. He twisted out of Michael’s hold and made a dead run towards David. Alex and Kyle jumped out of the crowd by then, and caught Max before he reached David. “Michael, get your ass over here, we can’t hold him!” Alex cried. It took all three of them to finally pin Max down on the ground.

“Max, I can’t believe you did that! STAY AWAY FROM DAVID, AND STAY AWAY FROM ME!” Liz shouted. She helped David up and they both went inside.

“Maxwell, you idiot, why did you do that? You fell right into his plan, and now Liz won’t believe anything you say about David. You only put her—and us—in more danger!” Michael said angrily.

“Michael, lay off right now, we can yell at him later. Right now we just need to calm him down,” Alex declared.

“Damn, Max. I’m never going to fight with you over Liz again. If all three of us weren’t there, David would’ve been a dead man,” Kyle stated, still a little shocked from what happened. He didn’t know Max could do that. He was just glad Max never blew up like that when Kyle was dating Liz.

“Fucking asshole,” Max grumbled, still on the ground.

“Great way to start the year off, Max. Guys, can you get him cleaned up before homeroom?” Isabel asked as she and Tess joined them.

“Yeah, sure. But after school, all eight of us—Max, you, Tess, Kyle, Alex, Maria, and Liz, and me—need to talk. Meeting at my house. Wait, I have work at the Crashdown until 6, and so do Liz and Maria. Let’s make it 8.”

“I said I didn’t like that bastard,” Max muttered.

“Sure, but it will be kinda hard to get Liz and Maria there,” Kyle said, ignoring Max, and a little touched that Michael would include him in the group.

“I can handle Maria, but Liz may be a problem,” Michael affirmed.

“I can get Liz there, but why?” Alex questioned.

Michael tried to explain. “Right before David kissed Liz—”

“I’m gonna kill him,” Max interrupted, his hands in fists.

“—He sent us a message that basically said he was gonna kill us, after he killed Liz,” Michael finished.

“Oh my god,” Alex said. “No wonder Max got so mad. Making him jealous is one thing, but threatening Liz is a death wish.”

“No shit, Sherlock,” Max spit out.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.