FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 7
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
It was two in the morning, and Max was still lying in bed, wide awake. Since the moment Liz had told him about seeing the two men again, a feeling of unrest had settled over him, that he still couldn't shake. Poor Liz. It was all Max could think about. More than anything, he hated putting Liz in situations where her own safety was even remotely at risk. That itself was the only reason Max regretted ever telling Liz he was an alien. Anything that put Liz in any kind of danger, Max hated.

But tonight. Tonight, Max had held her in his arms. So tight. And the strangest thing to him, was that the feelings of betrayal and hurt that he had been harboring for the past two and a half months, weren't there. And it was almost as if it had never even happened. But it had. And that was what had compelled Max to finally let go of Liz.

He wasn't mad at her. And he hadn't been mad at her since any of it had happened. His mind had been a blur of sadness and confusion since the moment he saw them together. The reasonable, sensible Max told him to be angry with Liz because of her betrayal. But then there was another part of Max, a voice that had been barely a whisper, but still there, every night when he tried to be angry with Liz. It was his heart, and it said the same thing every night; but offered no explanation or reason. And no matter how hard he tried to silence the voice and ignore it, it was still there, and lately, it was getting louder. The next morning, Max awoke with a mission. He didn't speak a word of his plan to anyone, not even Isabel on the way to school. The day passed by slowly. Liz hadn't seen or heard from the men again, which Max was glad about. As soon as the last bell had wrang, Max was out of his seat and running out of the room to find Michael and Isabel.

"Isabel, Michael," they were both standing beside Max's loccer, waiting for him. "We need to talk....now," Max said quietly, making sure he wasn't looking suspicious.

Isabel and Michael followed him to the jeep and Max began driving towards home. He started by telling them everything that Liz had told him. Isabel and Michael were silent for several minutes after.

"So Maxwell, what are we going to do?" Michael finally broke the silence.

"I don't know yet, but we have to think of something, fast. The agents said they would contact Liz again soon," Max said in a low voice. He continued, "I told Liz to play along with them: make them think she was going to do what they ask." Isabel nodded.

"And then what? We can't just keep killing everyone who finds out about us, Max," Michael said, irritated.

"I know that, Michael. And I don't think that we should kill them," Max trailed off.

"And what do you suggest we do, Max?" Isabel demanded.

"I told you! I don't know yet!" Max said loudly.

"Oh yes you do. I know you, Max, you have a plan," Michael said, rolling his eyes and throwing his back into the seat.

"Well, I have kind of been thinking about it...."

"So what's the plan, Max?" Isabel interjected. Max looked at her. "Well, I'm sorry, but you are supposed to be our fearless leader here." Isabel looked clearly annoyed.

"We need to let Liz lead us to them. Apparently, they don't know about Tess though, so we can use that."

"How?" Michael demanded from the backseat.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe Tess could use her powers, specifically her powers over the mind." He continued, "And Sheriff Valenti. Michael, I know you hate involving him, but we need him. There's no way around it."

Surprisingly, Michael didn't object, but mumbled his agreement.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.