FanFic - Max/Liz
"An Amazing Feeling"
Part 3
by Lea
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or Melinda Metz or anyone for that matter so please don't sue me!!
Summary: Aliens exist on earth and everyone knows, yet they won't accept them. A pair of star-crossed lover defy all odds to be together, but will it turn out as planned?
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I just watched this really good movie about forbidden love and felt the urge to write something about it as best as I could. The start is very roughly based on the Pilot, but with different scenarios. (PS I have nothing against Kyle! Nick Wechsler is the cutest guy on the show in my opinion, and I wanted him in my story, and this was the only way I could think of getting him in! So please don't send me hate mail!)
Liz opened her locker the next day and shoved her books inside. She couldn't stop thinking about Max. What was going to do to Kyle?

"Liz." A loud voice startled her out of her thoughts.

She turned to see an uncomfortable Kyle standing before her, shifting from one foot to the other.

"Um, I just wanted to say, um, sorry for what I did to you and all, and that, I, um, don't think we should see each other anymore, okay?" He gave her a half nervous glance.

Liz couldn't stop the grin spreading across her face. "Really?" She didn't really believe it.

He nodded and looked about. "So I'll see you around then okay? See ya."

"Bye Kyle. Thanks!" she called after him in a daze.

She was free! He wasn't blackmailing her, following her anymore. Liz felt like opening her arms wide and spinning on her toes. She saw Maria approaching and she ran up and gave her a hug.

"Whoa girl!" Maria laughed. "How much coffee did you have this morning!"

Liz laughed so hard she felt giddy. "You'll never guess what." She exclaimed as they headed off to class.

"What?"

"Kyle just broke up with me!!"

Maria gave a squeal of excitement for her friend. "I'm so glad. I felt so guilty about the way I just blurted it out last night."

Liz gave Maria's shoulder a squeeze. "That's okay." She smiled. "I forgive you."

Liz had never felt so happy. She could be with Max without having to worry about Kyle looking over her shoulder. And that was an amazing feeling.

Liz waited anxiously on her balcony for Max. It felt like an eternity since she had seen him last.

Suddenly a noise behind her sounded and she quickly turned to see who it was. Max's head appeared over the balcony edge, and Liz stood there and watched him climb the last steps onto the platform. They stood there for a second until Max gave a little grin and started towards her.

"So," he said slowly. "Are you single yet?" He gave her a shy little look and stepped up close to her. Liz backed away from him and he couldn't hide the surprise in his eyes. "Didn't Kyle break up with you?" He asked in an angry tone.

Liz nodded and a small smile played on her lips. "Yeah he did, but what makes you think I'm gonna want to go out with someone immediately after?" She asked playfully.

Max broke into a wide grin, swept her up in his arms and laughed.

"Admit it." She giggled. "I got you, didn't I? I got you good."

He put her down and leaned in close. "Yeah." He said softly. "You got me."

And with that last comment he gently kissed her and held her to him. He was never going to let her go again. She was finally his. And that was an amazing feeling.

Much later that night Liz sat on her lounge chair and happily wrote in her journal. Max had reluctantly left to meet up with Michael who had surprisingly been disappearing lately as well.

She stared at the spot where she saw Max last.

Suddenly Maria's face appeared. Liz gave a short gasp and laughed. "God Maria, what are you doing?" she exclaimed. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry." Maria went and sat down on the end of the lounge chair.

Liz could tell something was definitely up, but she waited for Maria to spit it out. Liz knew she would sooner or later.

"Um, Liz?"

Liz nearly burst out laughing. She was so predictable. "Yeah?" she replied, with a straight face.

Maria shifted and faced Liz. "Um I have something to tell you that you are never going to let me live down for the rest of my life. Still want to hear it?" She asked.

Liz nodded and focused all her attention on Maria.

"Well, lately over the last couple of nights I've been getting a visitor…"

Liz couldn't believe it. "Is it someone we know?" She asked curiously.

Maria nodded and couldn't stop the grin spreading across her face.

'It has to be Alex.' Liz thought, hiding a secret smile.

"And I know what you're thinking, it's not Alex." Maria added quickly, reading her face.

Liz's secret smile turned to a not so secret frown of confusion. "Then who?" she asked.

"This is the part you're not going to let me live down." Maria stifled a laugh. "It's Michael."

Liz covered her mouth to stop the screech of hysterical laughter that nearly erupted. Then Maria started to giggle, and that pushed Liz over the edge. Soon they were both rolling around on the chair laughing until their sides ached. Liz could tell this was definitely going to be a productive year for the both of them. Aliens or not.

Part 2 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.