Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 8
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“So they started fighting right in front of you?” Maria asked as she shoved yet another piece of pizza into her mouth. Adam and Max were having a smackdown and she missed it? Now that was the supreme of all unfairness.

“Um, not so much fighting but more like the clash of the evil alien eyes.” Liz picked up her napkin and began folding it and playing with it. Man, that was awkward in the kitchen. Liz knew that Adam had some sort of crush on her, but she REALLY did not need those two guys clawing each other to death. Liz didn’t think her parents would appreciate the Crashdown’s kitchen burned to pieces because of two green-eyed aliens.

“Hey Liz, maybe this is more than just some crush. I mean about Adam. Maybe he really wants you, badly.” Alex leaned his back against the counter, putting his take on the situation. The three Musketeers, as they use to call themselves, were all engaged in this conversation. “I mean, if he didn’t then what was his being all defensive with Max? Obviously he’s keeping some insatiable desire for Liz a secret.”

“Well, thank you, Dr. Whitman, but next time I want a diagnosis for Adam, I’m not going to ask you.” Liz plopped down on to one of the stools that lined the Crashdown counter. Maria sat down next to her, with Alex leaning on the counter between them. Their counterparts sat at a booth across the restaurant, seemingly engrossed in a conversation with each other.

“Anyways,” Liz said, “Whether Adam has feelings for me or not, I love Max. This lifetime, past lifetimes and future lifetimes.” Liz took a piece of pizza and chomped on it aggressively.

“Whoa, calm down there, Princess, the pizza is innocent.” Liz gave Alex a warning glare, but he just smirked back at her. “Anyways, wouldn’t loving the Queen be punishable? I bet Max could get a whole army of Starship troopers to kill Adam personally.” Liz smacked Alex’s arm, and gave him a mean glare. “What? It’s true! Right, Deluca?”

Maria smiled awkwardly. This was SO not a conversation she wanted to get sucked into. Adam IS in love with Liz, more than she can even imagine. But Alex was right when he said Max would have him killed. The only difference in her opinion was that Max would probably kill Adam himself.

“Deluca, what are you hiding?” Alex asked inquiringly. Before she could deny anything, Alex remarked, “I see that look on your face. You know something.” Maria shook her head profusely, knowing that if she opened her mouth, something she didn’t want to come out would.

“Deluuuuca,” Alex nagged. He held his fingers out, warning her, “Tell me or I’ll tickle it out of you!” He raised his eyebrows in attempted intimidation. Maria couldn’t help but laugh out loud at his futile endeavor “Whaaaat? I thought I looked pretty threatening.” Liz smiled at her friends. Silly yet entertaining. But she wanted to hear what Maria was hiding too…

“Maria, so what are-” Liz was cut off by the shrill ring of Maria’s cell phone. Maria silently thanked her lucky stars. She knew what Liz was going to ask, and Maria did NOT want to answer her. Maria grabbed the ringing technology out of her purse.

“Hello gracious person, you’ve just become my best friend, what can I do for you?” Liz and Alex rolled their eyes at Maria’s greeting. They’d get it out of her later if not now.

“Maria? Look, you got to do something? Is Liz there? Maria, I-”

“Adam? Dude, slow down. Yes, she’s here. You know I should skin you for what happened earlier. I’m being interrogated right now,” Maria whispered fiercely into the phone. Not only would he feel the brunt of Hurricane Deluca on the phone, she was going to kick his ass later too.

“Maria, shut up and listen to me. Tell Max and Michael to get Liz out of the Crashdown. All of you need to get out of there.”

“Adam, what the hell are you talking about? Why do we have to leave?” Liz and Alex turned towards Maria, slightly worried about Maria’s rise in volume. It could mean something was going down.

“I was followed home, and I’m pretty sure someone has the Crashdown staked out. Get Liz out of there now. Don’t come here either. Just get out of there now!”

“What? You were followed, shit!” Maria turned towards the rest of the group, all of their eyes watching her intensely. She turned to Max and Michael, and gestured to Liz.

“You two, get her out of here. Adam was followed home and he thinks the Crashdown is being watched. Out!” Everyone’s eyes widened in alarm. Max flew to Liz’s side and wrapped his arms protectively around her shaking body. This is it, this could be it. Khivar could be here and ready to swoop in and capture Liz. No no no, this isn’t happening. The thought ran through everyone’s mind.

“STOP!” Michael’s authoritative voice rang out through the restaurant. “Look, we don’t know anything yet, so just calm down.” He looked over to Maria and walked up to her. “Give me the phone.” Maria handed it over to him willingly.

“Adam?” Michael grunted.

“Michael, what the hell are you doing? Get out of there. Get Liz out of there.”

“Where are you?”

“MICHAEL, LISTEN TO ME, IT DOESN’T MATTER. JUST GET LIZ OUT OF THERE.”

“Look, calm the hell down. We’re on our way out. We all have to meet and obviously if they followed you home, we’re not going to our place.”

“Liz, Michael, Isabel and I will take my jeep,” Max bellowed out to the group, taking over in his leader position. “Tell Adam to slip out and Maria and Alex will pick him up. We’ll all meet out in the desert where we were training.”

“No, I’m not letting Maria and Alex go by themselves. Maxwell, I’m going with them,” Michael commanded. Max just nodded and fled out the back door with Liz and Isabel.

Michael put the phone back to his ear. “Adam, you hear that? Slip out the door, and make sure no one’s following you. We’ll meet you at the corner of Raven and Cherry. In the back alley, all right?”

“Yeah, yeah, ok. Just hurry up.” Michael hung up the phone and put a shaking hand to his forehead. Man, this sucked.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.