Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 3
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“So,” Maria started. She took a quick peek at Adam.

“Yeah?” Adam answered as he lazily stretched out his legs on the couch and started flipping channels.

“Graduation. It’s coming up.” Another quick glance at Adam.

“Uh huh,” Adam replied, half-mindedly.

“Sometimes boyfriends do special things for their girlfriends during grad time, y’know? To celebrate?” Maria was now staring at Adam’s face, waiting for some sort of reaction.

“Maria,” Adam sighed. “I don’t know if Michael is planning anything and if I did, I don’t think I’d be allowed to tell you anyways.” Adam kept flipping channels.

“Adam! I would never ask you to tell me about something like that.” Pause. “You live with the guy for Pete’s sake! You have to know SOMETHING!!” Maria bursted.

“Knowing Mikey, he’ll probably show up at your place with a stained wife beater on and a bucket of chicken in his hand for dinner.”

“Nuh uh, he promised me something special,” Maria gloated. She smiled at the memory that surfaced in her mind. She and Michael had been making out on the very same couch Adam was seated on. Maria had ran her hand through his hair and asked about grad. (Yes, she admitted it wasn’t the greatest timing, but it was the only way she could have a conversation with him without arguing.) He had promised to make Maria’s grad night one to remember. (Then again, that was when he was pulling off Maria’s shirt and seemed kind of preoccupied.)

“You do remember, Maria, that when he said that he had his head encased in your breasts, right?” Adam stated simply.

“They’re very nice breasts as well, thank you very much! Anyways, he knows I’ll kick his ass if he forgets. Besides, Liz and I are going dress shopping next weekend.” Maria saw Adam’s head jerk up. Hah! Gotcha!

“You and Liz, huh? Perhaps I should join you guys. Y’know, for a guys opinion on dresses. And also for protection, just in case something happens.” Adam nodded his head affirmably.

“Right, because those big, foofy grad dress might eat us up. Oh dear lord, what are we girls to do?” Maria teased. “Besides, on the serious note, nothing Czechoslovakian has happened for 2 years.” And for that, Maria was thankful. “C’mon Adam, you don’t need to hide anything from dear ol’ me. I know you have strong, undeniable feelings for our alien Princess Liz.” Adam reddened at Maria’s accusation. “See?”

“Maria, you are so far from the truth, it is not even funny.” Adam let out a long loud sigh. “Anyhow, if I did like Liz, which I DON’T, Max would fry my ass if there was even a hint of it.” Adam rubbed his eyes, a sign of his current fatigue.

“Well, if you did like Liz, which as you said, you don’t, then it should be easy to move on, right? Before his Royal Alieness beheads you.” Maria gave Adam a sympathetic smile. Adam really is a great guy, but he didn’t stand a chance against Max. Liz and Max are soul mates and completely devoted to each other. The thought of what Max would do to Adam if he found out about this… it made Maria cringe.

“Well, since I don’t like her, getting over her isn’t a big problem. Despite that if I did, I would have had an uncontrollable desire for her for years. Even before I met her.”

“Don’t worry, space cowboy. Leave it to me. I will find you a grad date!” Maria rubbed her hands evilly.

“Maria, I don’t need a grad date. I need to get my heart out of this grave it’s dug. Erm… I mean, the grave that could be if I loved her.” Maria’s eyes shot up.

“Love?” Maria repeated. She shook her head. This was bad. “But you DON’T love her. You don’t even like her that way, REMEMBER??”

“Right.” Adam let out another long sigh.

“Adam, my dear, I know millions of cute girls who are ALWAYS asking me about how to get into your pants! You are quite the stud muffin at our beloved school. Please trust me and let me get you a date.”

“I’m not looking for anyone, Maria.”

“Hey, I’m just getting you a grad date, not a soul mate, all right?”

“Fine, but no one spinny. Or completely serious. Or boring. Gosh, I can’t stand being around boring girls. Oh! And self-centered girls really irk me. They go on and on-”

“Adam!” Maria shouted. “Girlfriend, calm down! I know all of this. We’re trusting me, remember?” Adam nodded his head at Maria. She smiled. “Thanks space cowboy, I always love these talks about not liking people.” Adam cracked a smile. Maria moved over to Adam and gave him a hug.

“Honey, I’m home!” Michael’s sarcastic voice rang out. “Hrm, am I interrupting something?” Michael saw Maria’s body hanging lewdly on Adam.

“Yeah, Michael, geez. Maria and I were about to have hot, sweaty alien sex. Care to join us?” Michael’s eyes narrowed and he glared at Adam.

“Whoa, calm down, my little space boy! We were about to turn on a movie. You going to watch with?” Maria asked. She stood up and joined him near the entrance. Michael opened his arms and brought her close to him. Maria couldn’t even begin to describe how content she was.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.