Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 27
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
Liz let out a lazy yawn as she stirred from her sleep. She stretched her stiff arms and legs as far as the confines of the car would allow her. Liz blinked her eyes a few times, attempting to regain focus. She looked over at Adam, who was staring out the windshield, his eyebrows knitted in deep concentration. Liz sighed, not wanting to disturb his thoughts and gazed out the window herself.

Night had already descended on them while she had been sleeping. The moon hung proudly in the luminous sky, its stars twinkling as if they had their own little secret. Liz had her own secrets though. The heavens had been smiling on her and Max the night before as well, and Liz couldn’t help but want to just force Adam turn around and go back. Hell, she didn’t even know where they were going. Adam just kept saying they had to leave and hide for a while. Liz didn’t think even Adam knew where he was going. If Max were here, he would probably have the whole trip planned out already.

Max, Max, Max. Her mind couldn’t think of anything but. What is he doing right now? Does he miss her as much as she misses him? What would it be like to just be safe in his arms right now, or to taste his luscious lips again? It felt like years, no, centuries since she last seen Max. In literal terms, it had been less than 24 hours, but still, no Max makes Liz a grumpy alieness.

Liz took another quick peek at Adam to find him still deeply encased in his thoughts. He had warned her not to connect with anyone yet just in case, but to hell with safety. She needed something comforting, or rather someone comforting, and Adam was too busy trying to figure out what to do next.

Liz took a deep, calming breath and closed her eyes. Her mind functioned so easily for her now that she had so much more training on her hands. It almost seemed like an unconscious effort. She found the restless mind she was searching for, and slowly lulled it into the world of slumber…

Part 26 | Index | Part 28
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.