Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 10
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“Liz?” Michael called out into the dark, empty night. They had both been running a good twenty-five minutes, but Michael was out of shape. He wasn’t sure he could go much farther. “Slow down, all right? You’re going to make me have a heart attack. Or at least one hell of a blister.” He saw Liz begin to slow and finally park herself on a large rock. Her petite body slumped over and begin to shake with sobs. The sight was too devastating to watch. A kind-spirited woman like should never cry like that. Michael slowed down beside her and sat down. He wrapped a soothing arm around her trembling shoulders.

“Shh, it’ll be all right,” he murmured in her ear. “We’re all here for you. None of us are going to leave you, never mind letting that bastard come near you.” Liz’s sobs quieted down when she completely became aware of Michael’s presence, and she turned to him, fear brimming in her eyes.

“I’m so scared, Michael,” Liz whispered. She rested her body heavily against his, so Michael wrapped his arm tighter around her.

“It’s going to be okay, I promise. I mean, do you really think these people want to mess with a scary brother, a tough protector and a terrifying boyfriend once they get a look at us?” Michael teased. Liz gave a sad little smile. Michael sighed, knowing he might regret saying what he was about to say. It could damage his very well protected persona.

“Liz, I know I haven’t been the greatest person to you, never mind being a great brother. But I’m going to be here for you, and there’s no way in hell that anyone is going to get you. You were right back there. We were expecting this, which means we are prepared for this. And I don’t want you worrying about this. You deserve more than this, more than living in fear.” Liz’s head shot up. A look of awareness was expressed in her eyes, seeming as if she just realized something.

“Michael, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything. I mean you guys have all lived in fear for your whole lives and I-” Michael shook his head. He put a silencing finger to her lips.

“That’s not what I was trying to get at.”

“I know, but I’m sorry. I should have known better. And before you say anything, we all deserve more than this. We constantly live our lives in fear. It isn’t fair.” She looked up at Michael, and smiled. “Thanks Michael.” He just smiled back and nodded. “Despite what you might think, I know you’re a great brother. I bet we were close in our past life.”

“You know what? I bet so too, Lizzie bear.” Liz giggled at the inane nickname.

“Lizzie bear?” she asked imploringly.

“What? You don’t think it fits?” Michael smirked. He was delirious inside. He put that smile on her face, on his sister’s face. This is what life is about.

“Lizzie bear.” Liz put a very thoughtful expression on her face, as if she were deep in concentration. “I like it.” She smiled again.

“Me too, Lizzie bear. Me too.”

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.