FanFic - Crossovers
"Truth In All Things"
Part 11
by Lisa
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. I am simply paying homage to them. Please don't sue. Roswell belongs to Jason Katims and his production company. The X-Files belongs to Chris Carter and 1013.
Summary: Maria is shocked to find herself involved in Special Agent Dana Scully's investigation of the murders of FBI agents at the Eagle Rock Military Base as Michael is forced to choose between human and alien when Nasedo takes matters into his own deadly hands.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: After Roswell's "Destiny"/before Season 2 After X-Files' "Requiem"/before Season 8
Max Evans stirred his straw in his Cherry Coke as he sat in the corner booth at the Crashdown. "They never found Nasedo's body?" he asked.

Michael shook his head. "Nope."

Maria added. "Valenti had a slew of deputies out at the reservation. Nothing."

Tess stared contemplatively into her soft drink. "He can't be dead," she whispered.

Alex straddled a chair that faced the booth. "A gunshot, whatever it is Michael does, and a fall from a forty foot cliff? How could even an alien survive that?"

Isabel looked confused as she sat beside Alex. "If no one used the stones to resurrect him, how could he heal himself?"

"I don't know," Michael said. "But Max is right. No body was found. He's probably still out there."

* * *

Outside the Crashdown, Sheriff Valenti stood with his arms crossed over the top of Scully's car door.

"You're leaving?" he asked.

"It's time I return to Washington," she told him.

Frohike frowned. "So that's it?"

"That's it. I'd say we found our murderer."

"But no body," Valenti pointed out.

"No body. Actually, this is more closure than I'm used to." She smiled wistfully. "As someone once told me, the advantage of investigating the unexplained is that you don't have to stick around for bookings and trials."

Frohike climbed into the passenger seat as Scully gracefully slid into the driver's seat.

Valenti shut her door and looked in her car window. "So I take it you found what you were looking for."

She shook her head sadly. "No." But there was peace on her face. "But I've found the faith to keep looking."

* * *

"What do you think Nasedo meant?" Isabel asked. "All that stuff he was talking about, the baby, everything?"

Michael shook his head. "I'm not sure." He looked at Maria. "But I'm beginning to question all this destiny stuff. I mean all the orb said was that pairing off was the plan."

Alex nodded and took Isabel's hand. "I guess a plan doesn't necessarily mean that you were soulmates or anything."

"What's a soulmate anyway?" Michael asked.

Tess' gaze remained fixed on the FBI agent's car as it pulled away. "A soulmate is when you can't imagine your life without someone," she murmured. "You can't imagine how it would have been if you had never met them or how you could go on without them. You'd be willing to walk through anything--absolutely anything--to be with them again."

She stood and walked out of the café with the rest of the group gazing at her in astonishment.

*********************************************

Author's Note: Roswell flashbacks from "Destiny," "Independence Day," "Four Square," and "The Balance"

X-Files flashbacks from "Requiem," "En Ami," "All Things," and "Amor Fati" Scully's Journal lifted from: "All Things," "Monday," and "The Sixth Extinction"

An X-phile might guess the title of this fan fic is an allusion to the XF episode "All Things." It is. I found the episode where Scully ponders fate to be a natural companion to Roswell's "Destiny." What's contained here is my theory about Baby X's existence and then cross pollinating it with Roswell mythology in the hopes of giving Michael and Maria hope for a happier future than "Four Square." After all if Mulder's vision in Amor Fati (Love of Fate) could be misleading (Thank you, Chris Carter for FINALLY killing that wench Fowley!)couldn't Michael's vision also be wrong?

Part 10 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.