FanFic - Crossovers
"Rozwell"
Part 1
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I have no claim to the characters that I am about to portray here. They belong to The WB People, namely Joss Whedon and Jason Katims. Any problem with that? No? Good, then I'll continue.
Category: Crossovers
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: So, this is a crossover between Buffy and Roswell. You know why? 'Cause they're my 2 favorite shows. And 'cause I miss Oz and I want to write a happy little fic about where the hell he's been for the last few months. But then again, do I really need an excuse? Like I said they're my 2 favorite shows! So I figure this takes place after "Blind Date" in Roswell land, and about 2 1/2 months after Oz has left Sunnydale.
The air was dusty and the road was long. Too long. Oz looked down at the odometer, surprised to find he'd traveled so far. He'd gone North at first- up to Sacramento and then to Seattle, where he'd had a great time checking out the clubs where some of his favorite bands got their start. He'd stayed for a while, then driven south again; not really caring where he went as long as he found someplace he could lock himself up 3 nights a month.

He'd been working odd jobs for cash. He'd turned into that guy- the drifter you see in old movies who ambles into town out of work and needing a place to stay for a few days. Ah well, anything was better than the thought of going home. He missed Willow so much, but he still wasn't ready to be around people. And who knows what she was up to now- he left her. For all he knew she'd gone off and met someone else. She deserved to be happy, and he couldn't give that to her now.

He turned up the radio as he passed a sign. Albuquerque- 25 miles. Roswell- 76 miles. Ahh, he was in New Mexico. Hence the dust. He pulled out his wallet, checking his fundage. $12.37 cents. Hmmm, he'd need to stop and make some cash soon. His gas tank was 3/4 full, so that wasn't a problem, but he had to think- was he in the mood for a city or a more out of the way place?

He thought about it. Albuquerque got points just for having Q's in its name. However, Roswell was the sight of the famed UFO crash. He liked the thought of Aliens. Yeah, he'd like to check Roswell out. Could be a good time. He stepped on the gas, Roswell his destination.

~~~~~~

"I don't know, Maria. Give me a break!"

"Alex. Work with me here- you have to know someone who can fill in! Isn't anyone else you know any good?"

"I told you already. There is no one I know who is good enough to fill in. Everyone I know who plays guitar either just started or just plain sucks. They're never going to be good enough to play lead."

Maria threw up her hands in annoyance. "What are we going to do? We have a standing gig every Friday night- if we don't play, we don't get paid!" She grabbed the dirty dishes off the table she was bussing, and glared at her friend who was sitting at the counter.

Alex took a deep breath. "Maria. I realize this. This is why I brought these." He handed her one of the flyers he was holding. They read: "Wanted: Fill-in Lead Guitarist. To play upcoming gigs for "The Whits" for the next 3 weeks. Must have own guitar. Must be able to learn quickly. To schedule a tryout, call Alex." It gave his number at the bottom of the page.

Maria read the piece of paper. "Do you really think we're going to find someone by Friday?"

He walked over and hung one on the double doors of the Crash Down. "Here's hoping." He waved and left to hang them all over town.

Maria groaned and continued to wait on her tables, desperate for her Saturday shift to be over.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.