FanFic - Alex/Isabel
"Dreams Realized"
Part 1
by Kim
Disclaimer: As much as I would LOVE to own anything related to Roswell, other than my keychain, hat and t-shirt, sadly I do not. It is all owned by Jason Katims and all of the wonderful people at the WB who are gracious enough to share them with us week after wonderful week. For that I will be forever grateful. But please don’t sue me because all you would get is my car and some debts and I really need the car to get to work everyday to pay off those debts.
Summary: It’s 5 years after ‘Destiny’ and Alex has something for Isabel. (Alex’s POV)
Category: Alex/Isabel
Rating: PG-13
“My name is Alex Whitman and I’m an Isabel-aholic,” I smile at myself in the mirror and glance down at the small box clutched in my hand. It’s true though, I am addicted to you. I have been for years. I’ve admired you from afar since the seventh grade never thinking in my wildest dreams that you would ever be interested in me. Until the night Liz and I were arrested and the world as I knew it turned upside down. Sure it took a long time, even after I knew your secret, for you to let me in, but it was worth the wait.

I remember when you first told me you loved me in our senior year of high school a week before graduation; I remember it like it was yesterday. We had been together for almost two years, since you all had decided not to follow your predesigned destinies and you came back to me, my first dream come true. We were outside the UFO museum waiting for Max to get off work. You looked over at me and just said it. Not the most romantic setting but is was good enough for me. I couldn’t believe my ears, I mean I always knew you cared about me I just wasn’t sure how much until that moment. I know I looked shocked and it took me a few minutes to say it back, it took me so long in fact you had to ask me if I heard you. I’d said it in my head hundreds of times I’d just never said it out loud and when I finally told you I loved you it was like another dream had come true. Isabel Evans and I, Alex Whitman were in love.

We left for University in the fall; both of us headed to UCLA, Max and Liz to Boston and Harvard and Michael and Maria stayed in Roswell both attending community college. To save on expenses, at least that’s what we told our parents, we moved into a small two-bedroom apartment together. The second bedroom started out as yours but didn’t stay that way long, eventually becoming our study room. The first year was a little hard for you being away from your family, especially Max and Michael but we adjusted. We went home every holiday and even visited Max and Liz in Boston once during our second year. The years have flown by and we are still happy and more in love then ever.

We’re leaving in a week for our final year of University and I’ve made a decision, I’m going to ask you to marry me. I can’t wait any longer, you’re what I need to make my life complete and I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life. Everyone’s meeting at the Crashdown tonight for a final get together because Max and Liz are leaving tomorrow, so tonight’s the night and I know just the place.

~~~~~

“Alex what’s wrong with you tonight,” you ask me. I just smile at you. You know me so well and can tell something’s up, I wonder if you suspect what I have planned. We’re walking down Main Street, hand in hand, enjoying the late summer evening. Finally we’re across the street from the Crashdown, in front of the UFO museum where we first declared our love for each other; I pull you towards me and fall down on one knee your hand in mine.

“Isabel Evans would you do me the honor of becoming my wife,” I reach into my pocket for the small box, open the lid and reveal to you the band of diamond encrusted stars.

“Oh my god, Alex…Yes, yes of course it’s yes.” You fall to your knees in front of me and pull me into the most amazing kiss I have ever experienced. There are tears streaming down both our faces as we cover each other’s cheeks and lips with kisses and you continue to assure me between kisses that yes you will be my wife. By now we have drawn a small crowd, even Max, Liz, Maria and Michael have come across the street to see what’s drawing all the attention. Until the applause start we don’t even notice the group gathered around us. I stand up and help you to your feet, we bow to our audience and head across the street with our friends.

Liz and Maria are incredibly excited and can’t stop talking about all the planning that has to be done. Max and Michael slap me on the back and congratulate me, Max saying something about how he never would have guessed that we would be the first to take the plunge. We sit there for hours discussing plans. Someone, I think it was Liz, called our parents and they all showed up to join in our planning session. Liz and Maria will be your Maid’s of Honor, since you say you can’t pick one over the other and of course Max will be my best man. Michael and I have never been as close so he has no problem not having such a fancy title, less work with a lesser title, he jokes. We set the date, December 17th, it’s only four months away but with everyone helping out we have nothing to worry about, plus we’ll all be home for Christmas vacation. It’s well after 1 a.m. before we all head home. We say good bye to Max and Liz and she makes you promise to keep her informed of all the plans. I walk you home and kiss you good night.

“I love you Isabel and thank you,” I say between kisses.

“For what exactly,” you ask.

“For making my dream come true.” I give you one last kiss and head home.

~~~~~

Breathe, breathe, just breathe, I tell myself. I ‘m standing at the front of the church with Max and Michael, who has his hair tamed down for the occasion, staring out at the crowd filled with our family and friends. How did we get here so fast, the last four months have been a blur.

I see Maria come through the door at the back of the church, she flashes me the biggest smile and starts down the aisle. She looks gorgeous in her simple, strapless navy gown. Her blond hair pulled into a loose bun, with long curls falling to her shoulders. Liz comes through the door now and she is just as beautiful. Her dress is identical to Maria’s. Her dark hair pulled back into a french braid, sprinkled with baby’s breath. She joins Maria at the front of the church, I smile at them both and once again turn my attention to the back of the church. You are standing in the doorway on the arm of your father and you are breathtaking. You start down the aisle and I can’t tear my eyes off you, it’s as if we’re the only two people in the world.

“Breathe Alex,” Max says as I hear the quiet laughter coming from him and Michael and finally you reach the front of the church. I take your hand from your father’s and mouth a silent thank you as he heads to his seat next to your mother. I look back at you and can’t believe my eyes. You’re wearing a spaghetti strapped gown with a delicately beaded bodice that’s fitted to just below your waist where your skirt billows out and falls softly to the ground. You have your hair pulled back from your face, blond curls cascading down your back. Your veil is held on by a simple barrette but even behind the white lace I see the happiness in your eyes as a smile plays across your beautiful lips. We turn to the minister, your hand in mine and the ceremony begins.

Our vows have been said, our promises have been made and I lift your veil away to reveal your face, I still can’t believe how lucky I am to be standing here with you.

“I love you Alex Whitman,” you say with tears in your eyes.

“I love you Isabel Whitman,” and we seal our promises with a soft kiss, our lives now one.

~~~~~

I held our son in my arms today for the first time. It’s a miracle he’s here because we thought children weren’t possible and we’d accepted that. Even after Liz was able to give birth to Morgan and Ashley we figured it was because she was ‘of-this-earth’. And then the unexpected happened.

I’ll never forget the day you told me you were pregnant. You were absolutely glowing. You’d made me a romantic candlelit dinner and when we’d finished eating you came over to me, sat down on my lap and asked, “Are you ready for dessert daddy,” as you held out your and slowly revealed to me it’s contents, a baby pacifier wrapped in a bow. I nearly fell off my chair, for the second time in my life you had shocked me into silence. And now he’s here. Ethan Philip. We decided on the name before we even knew it was a boy, although you swear you knew from the very beginning.

“He’s beautiful and look he has your ears,” Liz tells me, a huge grin on her face. I laugh and glance over at Max

“You better watch what you say or your next kid will end up with Dumbo’s ears over there,” I wink at Max.

“Hey how did I get dragged into this elf boy,” he quips back, “I’ll go let everyone know that Isabel and your new son are doing just fine dad, unless of course you want to do the honors Alex.”

I stare down at our son in my arms and glance over you, “You go Max, I need a minute with my family.” The last word echoing in my ears. I, Alex Charles Whitman, have a family with Isabel Evans, okay Isabel Whitman for the last five years, but there are still times when I still need to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming. Max and Liz walk out of the room and head downstairs.

“How’re you doin’ hon?” I ask as I walk over to you, gently rocking Ethan in my arms and marveling at how tiny and perfect he is.

“I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck…but I’m happy,” you smile up at me and reach out your arms for our son. I hand him over and lay down on the bed beside you, Ethan sleeping between us. I place a gentle kiss on your lips that you eagerly return.

“Thank you,” I whisper.

“For what,” you ask with a slightly surprised look on your face.

“For making all my dreams come true, ” I smile back at you and between us our tiny son lets out a cry, letting us know he’s there and ready for his first meal.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.