FanFic - Other
"Us Six Against the World"
Part 3
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own the 'em. I'm just borrowing them. I promise to put them back the way I found 'em.
Summary: Post heatwave, and how the six Roswell High kids become closer and realize through good times and bad, that no matter what they go through, it really is, "the six of them against the world". They will go to Florida for spring break, learn more about the aliens they came from, and all with the FBI and a certain sheriff, one step behind them. Or is there someone closer?.....
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Distribution: It's okay, just let me know first. (Gonna be VERY long)
Liz took a deep breath and tried to calm her racing heart as she opened the door to her biology class. This would be the first time, since the kiss last night, that she would see Max. All her fear and excitement came rushing back as she had run down the hall to class, just as the bell rang.

Max' head spun around when the door opened. Their eyes met. And locked.

"Miss Parker," Their biology teacher remarked, "glad you can make it today. We aren't keeping you from anything, are we?"

A chorus of low laughing was heard through the room as Liz pulled her eyes away from Max's and she slid into her seat trying to become inconspicuous.

She didn't want all eyes on her when she wanted to just have a starring contest with Max. But now that would have to wait. Miss Hardy was waiting for her to open her book. She glanced over at Max's book where he already had it turned toward her so she could see the page.

Liz gave a quick smile and met his eyes briefly as she flipped to the page, all the while knowing all eyes were on her while she got to her place in the book.

When Liz found the page and looked up at her teacher, Miss Hardy turned around and started writing on the board again.

With all the eyes back on the teacher, or most of them, she took a deep breath, and sneaked a sideways glance at Max who hadn't said a word yet.

He was looking back at her, smiling. The humor in his eyes was obvious, but so was the beautiful smile that curved his lips.

"Hey." Liz smiled back, again, caught in his mesmerizing, intense gaze.

"Hey." Max whispered his eyes caressing her face as they studied it. Liz's stomach dropped at that look, and she swallowed. Max Evans could make her lose total control right in the middle of her favorite class!

Liz watched as Max's eyes finally stopped roaming her face, when they landed on her lips. She felt her lips start to tingle and heat when his caressing glance suddenly blazed with passion. Liz couldn't help the small gasp that came out as she saw Max' look go from loving, to passionate, like he could take her and kiss her right then, right in the middle of biology!

Max's gaze was pulled from Liz's mouth at her gasp. He shook his head, realizing how completely he had lost control there, and how it had affected Liz.

He blushed at his own body's reaction, cleared his throat, pushed his chair in further, and then grinned again at Liz. Her face was a bright red too, and she was trying to look back down at her book as if that would help her to concentrate on the subject being discussed.

"Boy it sure is hot back here." came a comment from behind Liz. It was said so that only the few people around them would hear.

Liz and Max turned to see Pam Troy staring right at them with a smirk on her beautiful, smug face.

She laughed along with her small group of friends, when both Max and Liz blushed again, and turned back toward the front.

"Well, Max Evans, if you ever get tired of looking at Liz here, you're welcome to look at me like a snack ANYTIME." One of Pam's friends whispered seductively.

The popular, beautiful girls always loved to flirt and tease, and Max was a great subject, since he was usually so quiet and in control.

Once again Max turned bright red and squirmed a little, keeping his eyes fixed on the blackboard.

Liz couldn't help but giggle herself, at how cute Max looked when caught. And the description of how he had looked at her had been very accurate.

Max threw an "I can't believe you laughed" look at her and then warned her with his eyes, and a small curving of his lips, that he would get her back.

Liz's heart suddenly leaped at the playful smile that hovered around Max's eyes and mouth. He was flirting! She could hardly wait until class was over. She turned back toward the lecture and smiled through the whole thing, not hearing a word that was said. Just enjoying the warm presence of Max beside her. She was so in-tuned to him she could hear his breathing, and every little movement he made. Her body tingled. She wanted to burst out laughing from shear happiness, and at how crazy it was that Max Evan's had just seduced her in the middle of class, surrounded by their peers, and with just a look!

When the bell rang, Liz's heart leaped and almost caused her a heart attack. FINALLY! She didn't know how much more she could have taken. The tension that had been building between her and Max the whole hour was painful.

As they all started out of the classroom, Max didn't even look back as he reached behind him and found her hand. Then giving it a little squeeze, he lead them out of the class and down the hall.

Liz's heart was pounding. The look she had seen in Max's eyes as the bell had run, had almost melted her. The blood was pounding in her ears, as well.

Liz gasped when she saw Max heading for the second floor "Eraser Room"!

She hardly had time to let out her startled breath, when she was pulled in behind Max and suddenly found herself up against the already closed door.

"Max!" Liz managed to say finally, as she watched him now standing, leaning over her, and resting his hands on either side of her shoulder's gently. His gaze was still intense, yet amusement lurked in his eyes as well.

"Liz." Max said back.

Liz laughed from pure happiness, realizing that Max was really enjoying this, and was acting carefree and just the way she had always dreamed he would act.

Max grinned fully now, watching Liz's own happiness burst out.

"You make me crazy Max Evans!" Liz accused with a large smile.

"Ditto." Max said, using Michael's favorite phrase. Then his face turned serious.

Liz's heart dropped and she couldn't breath. Was Max now coming to his senses, realizing that he had just dragged her up a flight of stairs and into the small "make out" room.

"I wanted to kiss you sooo much in biology. I thought I was going to, and the heck with Pam Troy and her friends, and even Miss Hardy." Max admitted.

Liz breathed again, realizing the serious look wasn't Max having second thoughts, only being his normal sweet self, and sharing his feelings.

Liz looked up at him her own eyes hot and dreamy. "Yeah, well, I think everyone could tell that. You certainly seduced me right then and there, Max Evans."

Max blushed again and laughed. The thought of being able to seduce Liz Parker in the middle of biology was intoxicating. He felt great.

"God, Liz, I've got to kiss you.. I can't wait another second." Max admitted as he leaned in slowly toward Liz.

Liz held her breath, slowly released it and her own eyes slowly went to half mast, as Max's lips came closer to hers.

That first touch set off a spark. The instant combustion thing, Liz thought as Max suddenly shifted and opened his mouth fully over hers, deepening the kiss.

Max was on fire! All night long, after he had left Liz on her roof, he had tossed and turned in his bed grinning like a fool while his body burned. He had pictured doing just this today. He had pictured grabbing her and taking her hand in front of everyone, letting everyone know that she was now his. He pictured leading her up the stairs to the "Eraser Room" to do just this. Ever ever since he had found out what the "Eraser Room" meant, Max had had many dreams of Liz and himself here.

Liz too was burning. Max was taking her mouth with a passion he had never shown before. Last night, the kisses had been full of sparks and heat, but today, today Max was totally out of control, and letting the two of them burn, not just simmer.

When they finally came up for air, Max leaned his head against hers, and they both waited to catch their breaths.

Then their eyes met, humor matched humor, and they laughed softly.

"I can't believe I did that!" Max said in pleased astonishment. Remembering how he had practically dragged her out of biology and up here.

Liz just laughed again and hugged Max to her. His arms came around her naturally and they just stood like that.

Liz drinking in all that was Max. His smell, his warmth, the sound of his still slightly unsteady heartbeat against her ear. She was the most content she could ever remember in her life. She was so happy her heart felt like it would burst. She was exactly where she had always wanted to be... and one of her fantasy had actually come true!!!

Max felt Liz smiling against his shirt, and he too smiled, closed his eyes and just enjoyed feeling Liz against him, around him. The connection was there. They could feel each others feelings and thoughts.

***************

Liz sat in a daze at lunch, not eating, just holding her orange, and smiling.

She heard a throat clear finally, and focused her gaze on the person who had taken a seat across from her at the outside table.

The knowing look in Isabel's eyes made Liz blush and Isabel laugh.

"So it's true!" Isabel said in astonishment, with the look of a friend waiting to hear the juicy details. "My brother really pulled you out of biology and practically dragged you up the stairs to the Eraser Room? Max!?"

Liz giggled at the image and nodded. "Yeah, I guess that's what happened. It all happened so fast." Liz laughed again out of shear happiness.

Isabel watched the excited glow in Liz's eyes and smiled. She knew that if Liz was this happy, so was Max. And that made her happy. Liz really was good for Max. If Isabel had to share a part of Max with anyone, she was glad it was Liz.

Liz was honest, loyal, a good friend and was just really sweet. Of course Isabel would die before admitting those drippy words out loud, but she could think them. She smiled to herself.

Liz focused on Isabel and saw that Isabel was not upset at all by this new development, in fact she looked happy for them. Liz thought Isabel had definitely started to trust her, that they were starting to become friends. Could her day get any better?

Then she saw Isabel's eye focus past her and fix on something, or someone.. Liz turned to see Alex talking to some friends. Liz smiled... Isabel and Alex??

When Liz turned back around to smile at Isabel, Isabel cleared her throat and pushed her hair back casually. "So, how did Alex take the truth about us? Max told me last night that you had to tell him in the jail. Was he freaked?" Isabel asked, trying to look and sound like she didn't care, only Liz could tell the answer was very important to her.

Liz met her eyes and smiled. "Well, at first he didn't believe me. He did want the drugs I was on, though."

Isabel laughed, picturing Alex saying just that. Seeing the relaxed look on Liz's face made Isabel think Alex couldn't have taken it too hard. Not like Maria had at first.

"And now?" Isabel asked.

Liz laughed, "I don't know if he believes it any more now, but he has been looking at Maria and I as friends again."

Liz got an idea. "Hey, why don't we have a get together, just the six of us. You know, to get Alex used to you guys, so that he doesn't freak like Maria did." She suggested.

Isabel's face brightened and then she tried to look nonchalant again. "Sure, sounds like a good plan." she said looking at her nails.

Liz smiled and when Isabel looked up to see Liz's knowing look, she too smiled and gave in. "Okay... so I think he's a nice guy."

Liz just nodded, still smiling.

Isabel tried to look disgusted. "You know, Max has got to stop dragging you to the "Eraser Room" if you are going to just look so sappy and happy all day long." Isabel smiled as she said it.

Liz blushed which made Isabel laugh. "Hey! I know what we can do." Isabel said with an interesting twinkle in her eye. "You know, to make Alex feel more... comfortable.. how about a pool party at our house this weekend? We have a hot tub too." Isabel said really starting to like this idea. Her mind thinking and planning ahead.

"A hot tub?" Liz smiled wickedly.

Isabel surprised Liz by blushing. Then they both smiled.

"I don't know if Maria will go for this though, considering how Michael dumped her." Liz frowned, worried they wouldn't get Maria to go along.

Isabel frowned too. "That jerk! Tell me he didn't! I should have known, the way he was talking about being able to leave anyone at anytime." She rolled her eyes... then another thought came to her and she smiled a sneaky smile.

"What?" Liz asked, knowing Isabel had a plan.

"I know a way we can get Maria and the chump to make up..." Isabel grinned.

**************

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.