FanFic - Other
"Slumber Party"
Part 1
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em just borrowing 'em. Promise to return 'em the way I found em.
Summary: Weekend after they all went camping from "Into the Woods" Isabel has a change of heart about Alex, and plans a slumber party with the girls to help them get what they want as well.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Spoilers: Anything up to & including "Into the Woods". Distribution: Sure! Just let me know where. The Challenge: by: BoobzyDD@cs.com1. A sleepover with all the couples A & I, M & M, And M & L.2. Getting somewhat drunk3. A porno video4. The game Truth or Dare5. And a shirt getting ripped off somebody.6. Must be NC-17!!
Isabel took out the books for her next class and closed her locker. She looked over to where Alex, Liz and Maria were laughing and joking in front of Liz's locker, and sighed. Ever since she had told Alex on the camping trip last week, that they could never be anything more than friends, he had been distant. Sure, he talked to her and was friendly, but he didn't smile that special smile or look at her with the special look reserved just for her. She knew that that's what she had asked for, but now she didn't like the more "keeping his distance" Alex. She hadn't realized how good it had made her feel inside, when Alex would come up to her with that look in his eyes that told her she was special to him, and he just wanted to get to know her better.

She watched Maria and Liz laugh at something Alex said, and then Maria made a comment that made Liz laugh again and hit Maria playfully.

Isabel sighed again, and silently admitted that she missed Liz and Maria as well. Right before Max had "stepped back" from Liz, and Michael had told Maria they couldn't work either; she had felt like she was getting closer to the two girls.

She remembered the heart to heart with Liz while just doing something as simple as painting their nails together. And the night she had helped Maria in the Crashdown, when Liz's grandmother had been sick, had also helped Maria and her bond a little as well.

For the first time ever, she had felt like she had real female friends. The kind you told your secrets to, and knew you could trust with your life. Something she hadn't realized just how much she was missing, until she had had a taste of it with Liz and Maria.

And, Isabel remembered when Michael had gotten sick, how terrified she had felt at the thought of losing Michael or Max, and how alone she would be. Then realized that she wouldn't be alone anymore, when the three human had shown what true friends were, and had been there for them.

Sure, Liz had hesitated in the cave, but not because she had had any doubts about saving Michael, but her fear for Max had been so great, that it had kept her from being able to give total concentration to the events. Which River Dog had basically told her would be detrimental for Michael, and so Liz had stepped back.

She had seen the pain in Liz's eyes as she had done what River Dog asked, and moved out of the circle. Liz wanted to be there for Michael, but knew that if her fear would only hinder the healing, then it was better if she didn't help.

And in the end, Liz had come forward, and it had been the bond between the six of them that had helped bring Michael back.

And the bond they had all formed in the cave that night had really shaken Isabel up. She knew it had shaken the guys up to, which was probably the real reason why Max had stepped back from Liz.

The bell rang for class, shaking Isabel out of her thoughts. She straightened with determination. She was not one to sit back when she wanted something. She might be Max's twin, but they were very different when it came to dealing with problems. If Isabel didn't like something, she changed it.

And she knew she was also doing this for Max and Michael too. For ironically enough, the three aliens were stronger, better when they were with their three human friends.

She saw Alex move away from the girls and she met Maria and Liz half way as they were headed in her direction.

"Hey guys." Isabel smiled.

Liz and Maria stopped; exchanged surprised looks and then Liz turned back to Isabel and smiled.

"Hey Isabel. What's up?" Liz asked.

"Nothing yet, but that's going to change." Isabel smiled and saw Maria's eyes narrow, and Liz look curious.

Isabel laughed at Maria's caution. She was SO like Michael. They really were good for each other! She couldn't believe she was finally seeing that. And Liz, well, it went without saying that Max and Liz were meant. She could no longer deny that. She had seen Max with Liz, and without Liz, and the Max without Liz, wasn't really Max anymore. He was a walking, talking robot. Living only for the next clue to there past. Driven and focused on only that one goal, not caring about anyone or anything else anymore.

Isabel decided that the three humans were good for Max, Michael and her, and she was going to do something to bring the six of them closer again.

"What's so funny?" Maria asked, with eyes narrowing again.

"Relax Maria, I just realized that because you two aren't seeing Michael and Max anymore, doesn't mean we can't still be friends. I mean, I thought we were starting to..." Isabel hesitated. Maybe they hadn't felt that way. She frowned at her self-doubt. Great! Now where had that come from?

"Yeah. I thought so too." Liz immediately eased the twinge of doubt Isabel had felt.

Maria nodded and stopped looking cautious. She relaxed and shrugged. "Yeah, me too." She admitted with a little smile.

"Okay, good. So what do you guys say we continue to be friends, and have a sleep over at my house tomorrow night. My parents will be away for the weekend." Isabel grinned.

"Ah...Isabel, what would Max say, I mean..." Liz started. She didn't know if she wanted to be that close to Max now that they were broken up.

"Max can do whatever he wants! He can go hang out with Michael if he doesn't like it. I'm not going to let my brother decide who I can be friends with."

Liz nodded, realizing she should not worry about Max either. It was his problem. She could deal with it. Besides, she was starting to like the idea of Max's reaction to her spending the night in his house.

"Okay." Liz grinned, a devilish little twinkle in her eye.

Isabel saw Maria's frown, and knew Maria wanted to keep Max and Liz apart for Liz's own good.

"Besides, it will show Max that it doesn't bother you, that you've moved on." Isabel quickly added.

Liz caught Maria's frown too, and realized that Isabel had seen it as well.

"Right. Right, it's no big deal." Liz nodded with her lips pursed together and determination in her eyes.

Maria shrugged. She figured with her there, she could keep Max and Liz away from each other, and besides, it would do Max good to squirm a little. Maria smiled suddenly herself and looked between the two.

"Yeah, sure why not." She agreed.

Isabel was silently relieved. The first part of her plan had worked. Now all she had to do was get Max to invite Michael and Alex over tomorrow night, without letting him in on her real plan.

"You did what!?" Max asked at lunch.

Isabel shrugged casually. "What's the big deal? You were the one who said you still wanted to be friends with Liz, Alex and Maria. Well, so do I. I finally have two real female friends to talk to, who know our secret, and I'm not going to give that up." Isabel said truthfully.

She watched Max digest this. Then he nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He agreed.

"Of course I'm right. And I think you should have Michael and Alex come over tomorrow night as well. You know, so we can all stay friends." Isabel added.

Max frowned. "I don't know about that Is. Michael and Maria don't want to be in the same square mile as each other, never mind both together for the night at our house."

Isabel smiled. "You leave Maria to me. You just get Alex and Michael there, and just don't TELL Michael Maria will be there."

Max couldn't help but smile at the thought of Michael's face when he saw Maria at their house.

"And just what is going to stop Michael from leaving when he sees Maria?"

"Leave that to me as well." Isabel said calmly, and pushed a long strand of hair over her shoulder.

"What are you up to, Is?" Max asked with narrowing eyes.

Isabel knew Max would ask. "Nothing. Don't you want to get rid of the cold distance between you and Liz? Well, I think all of us getting together as a group again, will help with that barrier between Liz and you."

"Yeah, okay. I'll invite the guys over." Max agreed.

Isabel smiled as she headed back to class. Now she had to work on phase two, which was how she was going to keep Michael and Maria from leaving tomorrow night, and the guys to admit their true feelings to the girls.

TBC...

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.