FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Bird in a Gilded Cage "
Part 3
by bec
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: What would happen if the Government actually did get them, and what would the government want with them?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Chapter 3 -

Maria was pulling on the restraints so hard that her wrist had begun to bleed, the anger she had felt earlier was overshadowed by her fear now. "Please, don't do this, please."

"Dr. Hanson you can't do this, you can't." Liz pleaded with the man. She threw herself against the glass, but she never felt it. She was too worried about her friend at this point.

"Liz what does he mean, what kind of examination?" Isabelle screamed at the girl.

Maria was openly sobbing now, her thrashing had lessened as the fear took over her body. "Lizzie, please don't let him do this…Lizzie"

Liz felt so helpless, there was nothing she could do to help her friend. She lowered her forehead to the glass never taking her eyes from Maria's.

The Dr. turned to one of the technicians, "10cc's of Demerol please."

One of the technicians turned and picked up a syringe and a small glass bottle. She stuck the needle into the bottle and up ended it, slowly pulling the plunger down. Removing the needle from the rubber cap she release a few drops of fluid into the air.

"10cc's doctor." She returned the bottle to the cart.

Dr. Hanson moved closer to Maria, he reached out and took her left arm, turning it to expose the inside of Maria's elbow. He pushed down and tried to hold it still. "Please, Ms. DeLuca you must calm down. This hysteria is only going to cause you pain. I do not want to drug you, but if I must I will."

Maria's closed her eyes, squeezing them tightly closed. Preparing herself for the prick of the needle. The tip of the needle broke the skin. Her face twisting with the slight pain. The medicine rushed through her veins. She felt the warmth seeping through her, her body reacted to the medicine quickly. She suddenly felt tired, very tired. She turned her head again, searching for Liz. Eye contact was made, she saw the single tear slide down Liz's face. For a moment she didn't understand why Liz was crying. Everything was all messed up in her head, she couldn't think straight. Her words were low but clear.

"It's ok Lizzie, don't cry." Maria relaxed and let the medicine take over her body. "Don't cry."

"Maria…." Michael spoke her name softly, almost as if he didn't even realize he had said it. Maria slowly turned her head to look at the boy. She closed her eyes as her lips formed a small smile.

"Ms. DeLuca is fine, the Demerol is taking effect, she is perfectly fine.

Max couldn't hold his anger in any longer. "Fine! Your drugging her, and you call that fine. What kind of doctor are you? Who the hell do you think you are. You have us, let them go, I'll tell you everything you want to know, just let them go."

The doctor returned the empty syringe to the technician, "I'm going to have to change my gloves now, please remove these." One of the other techs removed his gloves and discarded them. She had a second pair ready to take their place.

Dr. Hanson faced Max and spoke slowly, trying to make the boy understand. "We need them Mr. Evans, without them we cannot finish our work. I know you don't understand what's going on right now, but one day you will, you all will. You'll see how important this all is."

"Scaring a 17 year old girl is important, that's a load of crap and you know it." Max said. "Maria doesn't deserve any of this. Neither does Liz or Kyle." He dropped his head in his hands wondering how life had gone so crazy. He had always pictured this day differently in his head. It would just be him, Isabelle and Michael. He never pictured Liz and her friends alongside them. He tried one more time, he had to try, he wouldn't be Max if he didn't think that there was a way out of this. Maybe not for him or his family, but for the others, he had to try. "Use me, I give you permission to do anything you want to me, just let them go, please, their human like you. How can you do this to your own kind."

"Mr. Evans I told you I understand, I completely understand, but we didn't choose them, you did. By associating with them, they were your choices, not ours." The doctor turned back towards Maria and walked to the end of the gurney. The technicians had hooked the stirrups to the table, he stepped between them. Two of the technicians lifted Maria's legs and placed them in the stirrups. Maria moaned.

The five teenagers all started yelling at the same time. Kyle and Michael both beat on the glass shielding their cubicles. Liz and Isabelle joined in the pummeling.

"Stop this, I said stop it, NOW! I can't work with all this noise. Please will you all remain calm." Dr. Hanson tried to quiet them, but it wasn't working. He looked down and saw Maria sobbing quietly. "Your upsetting Ms. DeLuca, please stop."

They couldn't hear him over the noise they were making. They all tried to stop what was happening, using the only weapon they had, their voices.

"That's it. Mr. Shearer please close down the cubicles, close them down now." The doctor. tried to make himself be heard over the din. Apparently someone was listening, suddenly all the cells went black. Completely dark, no noise could be heard from them.

The doctor turned back to his patient "ok, now we can begin. Ms. DeLuca now, if you remain as still as possible we can get this over and done with, I still have Ms. Parker and Ms. Evans to do before we finished here today. Maria turned her head to the left, then the right. It's almost as if they are gone she thought. She had never felt so alone in her life.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.