FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion"
Part 35
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: R
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

**********************

Cassie's eyes went wide with fear and then narrowed. "You raised Paulie didn't you?" she asked softly.

"Of course! I found my son out in the desert after many years of searching. Would you like to know what happened?" He asked stopping about three feet from the girls.Cassie nodded. Maria just swallowed.

"When the ship crashed, I managed to get the pods to safety in the cave, but then I too was captured along with the few survivors of the crash. The only thing that kept me alive was pretending to work for the government and giving them any information they needed. I let them use me. And I was using them as well. I knew that if they someday trusted me enough, I would have the freedom to find my children. And I found Paulie and was able to keep him hidden while I continued to work with the government."

"The government knew you were an alien and let you have the freedom to walk around?" Maria asked unconvinced.

Nasedo smiled at the little blond and then looked back at Cassie. "I was not completely trusted. They put a transmitter in me so they would always know where I was when they had me out doing something for them. It has only been recently that I have found the way to disable the transmitter without their knowledge. Which I did tonight."

"What about Liz? And Max? Where are they?" Maria asked finally.

"They are in the hands of the government. That was what finally gave me the chance to disable the transmitter. They are too busy with your friends to worry about me." Nasedo laughed. Cassie felt sick listening to the calm way that Nasedo talked about giving Max and Liz over to the government.

"Imagine how excited Topolsky was when I brought them not just one alien, but a human impregnated by an alien." He smiled again.

"You BASTARD! You gave up one of your own for your own safety?" Maria said angrily and Cassie had to hold her back as Maria tried to leap at him.

Cassie narrowed her eyes on the man calling himself her father. The man who had raised her brother to be a killer. A hater of all humans and obviously a person not too concerned about his own race either. She wanted nothing to do with this alien claiming to be her blood. But she had to think.

"I will do anything to get my children and try to get as many humans in the process!" Nasedo said to Maria ignoring her anger as if I couldn't affect him. He smiled at Cassie. "And now I'm here for you Cassie. And I won't let them hurt you like they did Paulie. The humans deserve all the suffering I can inflict on them for what they've done to our people. I care not about the life of a human or one alien if it will free me and help me find my children. And now that I've found you Cassie, I'm going to take you out of here. We will find our own way to survive here and get even."

Cassie shook her head. "No. I don't want to go with you. I don't hate the humans. They have been good to me."

"I am your family! You are my blood!" he started to get annoyed.

"I don't care if you are my blood. You are not my family. I don't want to be part of someone so filled with hatred. You raised my brother and he was a cold blooded killer. And look what happened to him. She destroyed his mind with your hate. I will not go with you any where." Cassie said with tears running down her face now.

"No. You don't mean that. You are mine. You are not one of these…humans. They took you from me. They killed our people. You are one of us Cassie."

Cassie took a deep breath and tried to think. Obviously Nasedo knew where Max and Liz were and from what he had said, they were in danger of being experimented on just like their own people of long ago.

"I will go with you on one condition." She finally said. "You will help us get Max and Liz away from the government safe. Tonight." She bargained.

"Cassie!" Maria gasped.

Cassie didn't take her eyes off of Nasedo. She waited for him to decide. "Sure you can probably force me to go with you, but not willingly or without a lot of fight. But I will come with you without a fight and not look to get away if you will help me get my two friends out of the hands of the government."

Nasedo knew Cassie was serious and nodded slowly. There was much he could teach her and a lot of power that the two of them could develop together to destroy the humans once he had her on his side. Nasedo nodded finally.

"All right." He agreed. "I will take you with me to where they are being held. You will wait for me outside the building. When you're two friends are free, you will come with me no fight?" He had to hear her say it again.

"Yes. I will come with you if you get Max and Liz out of where they are, and safe."

"Then let's go. You too!" he pointed to Maria. "I don't trust you to be left here alone now that you know."

Maria knew the only thing that kept Nasedo from just doing away with her was Cassie, and she swallowed the bile she felt thinking of Cassie going off with him.

**************************

Isabel and Alex watched as the sheriff rode off from the police building and they called Michael and Kyle to let them know that he was probably on his way to the house.

Isabel and Alex made their way into the building, hoping to find something that could help them locate Max and Liz.

***********

"We gotta hide! He's on his way." Kyle said and motioned for Michael to follow him out of his dad's office and just down the hall into the kitchen. He knew his dad always went to his office first when he got home.

When the door slammed and the sheriff's boots could be heard on the tile coming in, Kyle held his breath.

Michael was frustrated that they had found nothing, and hated waiting. He shifted a little trying to be patient. When the phone in the sheriff's office rang,

Sheriff Valenti strode across the hall to his room. "Yes. You what!? A surprise huh? Yeah, well I've never liked surprises." Valenti said into the phone and then hung up. Then he strode back out the door and they guys heard the car start up.

"Let's go! This may be it." Kyle said grinning as he grabbed the keys and they proceeded to follow his father.

*********************

Isabel hung up the cell phone and looked at Alex. "Michael and Kyle are following the sheriff. They think they are on to something. They want us to head out onto the old highway where they are headed and try to follow but not too closely." She said. Alex nodded and grabbed Isabel's hand as they raced for his car.

********************

"Amazing. These babies are pretty far along development wise in the girl here, yet she does not show yet." The doctor frowned as he talked with Topolsky, both looking over the two teens on the tables.

"How can that be?" Topolsky asked with suspicion. She always kept an eye on Max. She acted as if he was a slimy snake that needed to be watched at all times.

"Well, the babies are very tiny still. Only their development is farther along than they should be for their size," the doctor frowned.

"So are they developed enough to take them out of the girl?" Topolsky asked.

"NO!" Max shouted and tried to fight against his ropes again.

Topolsky came closer to him and smiled. "You will have nothing to say about it alien! And I almost feel sorry for the girl there. No wonder she fell for you. You shapeshifters can look like anyone can't you. So you take the shape of a very well developed male and what girl could resist you. Look at those muscles as they bulge when you fight the ropes." Topolsky rambled on, looking over the naked chest of the alien before her. She had to admit it was some form the alien had.

"Poor girl. But now you have to pay for your weakness." She sighed as she turned now toward Liz Parker, who was equally upset and fighting the ropes. "I'm probably making your life easier girl. God knows what would happen to your body if these things were allowed to continue to grow in you. Although, once I give you two over to my supervisors, I have no idea what they will have planned for you two. Who knows, they might want you to create more of these mixed breeds for experimentation." Topolsky finished with a smile.

"I think you should give them over to our superiors and let them decide what to do with the babies. They might want to monitor the pregnancy." The doctor added.

"Hmm.... Decisions, decisions," Topolsky smiled crookedly. "But wouldn't it be even better if we present them with the mixed breeds separately? That way we give them that many more surprises, and we get to find out more about the breeds."The doctor shrugged as if he didn't care either way.

"Tell me, do you mate the same way as we humans do?" the FBI agent asked as she looked back over at the well-built alien. She looked him up and down and knew from earlier experiments, that he had all the right parts. "Or is there something special that these creatures do to make a human want to mate with those slimy things?" She looked back over at the girl on the table again.

Liz didn't bother answering. She knew Topolsky was insane, and wouldn't listen to any pleading. She just hoped that her message for help had gotten through to Jordan. She couldn't be sure if he had heard her or not, but she felt as if something had been probing her mind. She just prayed that Jordan had gotten the message and was on his way.

*I love you Max!* Liz thought to him but kept her eyes straight ahead so no one would suspect their communicating.

*I swear Liz, somehow I will get you out of here!* Max thought back, gritting his teeth at the total frustration and anger of being so helpless knowing they could do anything to Liz and their babies.

Please Jordan. Please we need you. Max prayed silently.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.