FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion "
Part 25
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing them.Will return 'em the way I found 'em
Category: Other
Rating: R
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

**************************

Maria looked over at Alex and Isabel in the back seat of her car and saw they were asleep cuddled together. She bit her lip and turned back to Michael as he drove her car following the Jeep.

He had been really quiet lately about the whole closeness issue. He never pushed, and in fact, he usually backed away before Maria did. Maria knew that they should wait until they knew how to avoid pregnancy, but Michael almost had a fear of the subject. She had left it alone until now, but since they were going to Jordan to get more answers about everything, she wanted to know where she stood with Michael. Had he changed his mind about her? Now that he realized there were other aliens like himself out there, was he hoping to get with one of his own kind, or a girl of mixed blood at least? Maria felt sick to her stomach at the thought, but wanted to be prepared.

"Um, Michael." Maria started in a low voice, so as not to wake the two in the back.

Michael had been doing his own thinking, and turned around in surprise when he realized Maria was talking to him.

"Yeah." he glanced at her with a smile and then looked back to the road.

Maria bit her lip and sighed. Just say it Maria! She commanded herself. "Well, since we came back from Jordan's last week...well, you've been really quiet about...us. I mean, about our relationship, or whatever. I mean, are you having second thoughts about us? I mean, if you want to look for one of your own kind to be with now that you know there are more of you out there then..."

Michael whipped his head back around to Maria in shock and then slowed the car down. He wanted to stop, but knew that the Jeep wouldn't know what they were doing, and would stop as well. He held out his hand instead, and when Maria put her hand in his without reservation, he sighed. How could she even think that!

"Maria." Michael started. He too spoke softly, not wake up the other two. "I'm sorry my hesitancy has made you think something that crazy." he said squeezing her hand.

"But..." Maria started, only to be interruped by Michael.

"Maria. I've been scared. Ever since we found out about Liz being pregnant, and even though Jordan said it would be okay, all I could think of is if it had been you, and it wouldn't have been okay, and I could have killed you because..."

"Michael!" Maria interruped him now and slid over closer to him in the front seat.

Michael slid his arm around Maria and kissed her forehead. "I don't want anything to happen to you Maria. I want to talk to Jordan before anything else...I mean, what if Liz and Max were just lucky. What if something can happen to you, because of who I am." Michael admitted his fears.

"I was stupid not to ask Jordan about birth control last time, but I was so overwhelmed with all that he had already told us..." Michael explained.

Maria let out her breath of relief. "So, it's not that you want to meet someone else? One of your own kind?" she had to hear it from him.

Michael laughed and pulled her closer. "You are my kind Maria. The only one I could love. And if Jordan gives us an answer tonight, you won't be able to fight me off." He teased.

Maria gave him a sexy once over, and slid her hand up his thigh so it was very high up, and when she felt Michael's body tense up, she met his eyes. "Fight you off? Why the heck would I be stupid enough to do that!." she said and winked when Michael glanced over at her.

****************************

It was dusk when the two cars drove up to the ranch house. Jordan was waiting for them on the porch. Max wasn't surprised that Jordan had just known they were coming.

As they piled out of the cars, Jordan came up to them. He seemed to home in on Cassie, and came over to the Jeep.

Cassie looked hesitant, but met Jordan's eyes as his seemed to search hers. Then Jordan's eyes went to Kyle who had moved closer to Cassie, letting Jordan know that Cassie was important to him.

Jordan met the boys eyes and what he saw there made him smile and nod.

"Come children, it's good to see you all again, we have a lot to talk about." Jordan said as he led them all into the house.

Jordan and his wife Nadi were introduced to Cassie and Kyle when they entered the house. But before Max could add anything more, Jordan help up a hand and looked to Cassie.

"She is one of us." He said.

Cassie let out her breath. At least she now knew where she had gotten her strange abilities from. Kyle squeezed her hand and sighed a little too in relief. He was relieved that Cassie had her answers, but he was still unable to completely take in the fact that he was in love with an alien!

Jordan looked from Cassie to Kyle and smiled. He had gone deep into Kyle Valenti's soul and found a pure heart, and one that beat for Cassie.

"Was I...the other pod that was missing from the crash? With, Max, Michael and Isabel?" she asked Jordan. She liked the man immediately. He made her feel safe and comfortable. He made her feel like she belonged.

"Yes. You are from their crash. You are...were Paulie's sister. I'm sorry." Jordan told her painfully. "But I don't think he ever knew." Jordan explained.

Cassie swallowed and nodded. She had been wondering that since she realized she might be an alien, and after what Max, Michael and Isabel had told her about Paulie and the other pod. She took a deep breath trying not to cry. Paulie had been evil, she knew. But maybe if he had known there was another member of his family...but she shook that off and realized that she couldn't think that way.

"How were we not able to sense Cassie, Uncle Jordan?" Isabel asked.

"Why don't you tell me about your life growing up Cassie?" Jordan asked and they all made themselves comfortable in the big living room. Michael and Maria sat in an overstuff chair together, Max, Liz, Alex and Isabel sat on the couch, and Kyle and Cassie sat with Jordan on another couch.

After Cassie had explained how she had been very young when her mother had caught her using some of her abiitites unknowingly. And how her mother had been hysterical thinking her daughter was a witch or something, and would get them all in trouble or alienated from the town, she made Cassie promise to never to any of those things again.

"So you repressed that side of yourself. And didn't even know what it was you could do or what you were capeable of." Jordan stated."Well, since you supressed the few abilities you were develping at a very young age, you never put out any kind of sign. You had no idea you could, or what you would be looking for." Jordan added.

"Paulie on the other hand, must have somehow figured out he had abilities and special powers, because his were very far advanced for his age. Even further along that you three." Jordan nodded to Max, Michael and Isabel.

"I still can't believe it." Cassie said softly trying to take all of this in. She wasn't a freak. She wasn't an evil witch or something. She was just from a different place, like the other three.

"Ah, Jordan." Michael spoke up finally. He exchanged looks with Maria who smiled and nodded.

Jordan laughed in a deep low voice. "Ah Michael, I was wondering when the rest of you would get more curious about your sexual situations."

Maria blushed, as did Isabel. Alex looked uncomfortable, but Michael met his uncle's eyes straight on and nodded.

"We have had to set up labs and come up with our own variations of birth control and other drugs for certain ailnesses. But we did come up with several different types of birh control pills and controseptives for the problems lately of diseases.

"What like a Super Sperm Condom?" Kyle could'nt help but put in.

Cassie blushed and covered her face, but Jordan laughed. "Something like that. I don't know if it's super, but it is different in the way it reacts to regular controseptives." Jordan said with humor, then continued.

"There are pills for Teronian females with human males, and..."

"Teronians?" they all asked.

Jordan looked surprised but then shook his head. "There was so much to tell you all last time. I never told you our home planet name or our race. Forgive me children."

"We...we are called...Teronians?" Isabel asked hoarsly, tears filling her eyes. Alex put an arm around her understanding her emotions.

"We come from the planet Teron. And we are known as Teronians."Jordan nodded.

When they all just sat there obsorbing it all, Jordan continued. "We have also developed a birth control pill for human females with our male Teronians."

"Now you tell us." Liz mumbled and got a chuckle out of everyone. Max grinned and squeezed her hand.

So, if the Teronians use the right condoms, it would keep the human from getting pregnant?" Michael wanted to make sure.

"Yes. As well as the human version can at least. Nothing is 100% guaranteed as you know." Jordan explained.

"What...what about if us females, Teronians or humans wanted to just use the pill. Does it work right away?" Maria asked, and flushed when the others smiled.

"Yes. But don't forget the caution of diseases these days." Jordan frowned.

"Are there new...or different diseases to worry about for Teronian/human relationships?" Alex asked.

"The diseases seem to do mostly the same things to our race as they do to the humans. The cures might be a little different, or medicins a little different, but it's basically the diseases so far. Our labs are keeping up with the latest all the time. There is also a new pill coming out for the children of mixed human/Teronian blood."

"The diseases Jordan, do you have any cures for them, that the humans don't have yet?" Max asked.

Jordan shook his head. "Not yet, but we are working on it. Some of the scientists feel very postive that they are close."

"But the diseases still come from a lot of sexual activity right? I mean, if two people have never done it then..."Maria asked.

Jordan nodded seriously but again cautioned the use of no condoms. Maria nodded, but knew they all wanted to know the answers to both ways of protection.

"Jordan...you keep saying... labs?" Liz asked finally. Her mind had been on those words since Jordan had first mentioned them.

"Yes. But first little one. How are you doing?" He asked gently, looking Liz over for any signs of a problem.

Liz smiled and then blushed. "Good. Except for the strange symptoms."

Jordan nodded. "Make a list for me if you will. I have all the new mothers do that, so that we can see how many different ones there are out there, and how many are consistant."

Liz nodded and blushed again when she met Max's amused eyes. "I...I will. But Jordan, the labs?" Liz couldn't help but bring up again. Her own curiosity was at a peak.

"Yes. We have a full laboratory and it's funded by the government itself." Jordan said with real amusement in his eyes.

"The Government?!" They all exclaimed.

Jordan chuckled. "Of course, the government doesn't know about ALL the experiments going on. Dr. John Polk started the physicilies back in the early 60's."

"I've heard of him." Liz whispered in amazement. She had known about the famous molecular biologist and geneologist and knew he had his own physicilities, but just hadn't realized that they were around here, and that he did more than they knew.

"Yes. John was always ahead of his time in his thoughts and ideas, and when one of our Teronian women met him and they fell in love, he added a whole new dimension to his ideas and experiments. He quickly got a grant to start his own labs, and he has been working on molecular biology and geneology for several decades now. They've made some great progress."

"They? How many work there? Do all the researchers know about the...other research?" Liz asked her mind going in a million different directions.

Jordan smiled and nodded. "The only way to guarantee that the secret be kept, is to allow only people who are related to Teronians, or have Teronian blood in them or are already with a Teronian and know the secret to work at the labs. We have raised a lot of the children to become researchers and scientists."

"I...I want to work there Jordan. When I finished high school." Liz whispered almost pleadingly. Her eyes were wide with the wonder and amazement of it all. And to think she could help her own child. To come up with things to help the children of mixed blood.

Max squeezed Liz's hand feeling her excitement.

Jordan smiled and nodded. "You get through high school with good grades little one, and we will work on a program for you that includes college, and an internship with us."

Liz smiled brightly and hugged Max closer in excitement.

***************************

Later, as Maria was getting ready for bed, there was a knock on the door. She was sharing a room with Michael as she had last time, and he had given her time alone to wash and change. She knew it was him knocking and smiled as she opened the door.

Michael stood there fresh from a shower himself, and grinning at her with his intense eyes. He pulled a hand out from behind his back and produced a red rose for Maria.

Maria's face softened and she looked up at him with tears in her eyes and a bright smile. Then she took the rose from him.

Michael stepped into the room, closed the door and took her into his arms. "Hey there gorgeous." He said softly against her lips before covering her mouth with his in a hot open mouth kiss.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 26
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.