FanFic - Other
"Sense of Completion"
Part 20
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return' em the way I found 'em.
Summary: This sequel deals with issues the six were left with right after my other story ended. What 'other' symptoms might Liz develop carrying Max's child? What happens when Kyle and Maria commiserate about their parents' dating? What happens if Kyle finds out about the alien trio? And, what about the other alien pods from the same crash as the trio? Can there be more alien shape shifters out there?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: If you haven't read my previous story, "Us Six Against the World", it is recommended before reading this one. This story begins the day after my other story ended. It's gonna be another LONG one. ;-)
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
::CHORUS::

*********************

Kyle winced every time he watched Cassie bite her lip to hold back the pain. And he could see that she was thirsty with the way her lips were cracked and she kept licking them. God he wished he could do something, anything to take the pain away. He didn't want to ask Max to risk anything else, so he tried to think of a way to distract Cassie. He looked down at her and was amazed that she had jumped in front of him to protect him like that. They had only started dating the beginning of this week. But maybe she had felt the immediate pull that had scared him witless as well. This girl was stronger than she looked he thought. And he realized he might not be comfortable with the strong feelings he had for her so fast, but it wasn't going to change the fact that he had them.

"I got scared. I'm an ass. It was too good to be true and too fast. I was afraid to trust that we would work. And I broke my finger at practice cause I was daydreaming about you." Kyle blurted out in a whisper.

Cassie's eyes flew up to his and she stared wide-eyed. Then slowly she blushed and smiled.

Kyle sucked in his breath. She didn't just smile. She lit up. And Kyle felt so good, knowing he had made her light up.

"I was afraid too. And was expecting you to pull back." She admitted.

"SHUT UP!" Jamie yelled as he headed toward them.

Kyle swore under his breath and frowned at the man who approached them. "She needs water. Can she please have some water?"

"Why the hell do we care if she dies of thirst? She's gonna be the first one we kill if we don't get what we want in 2 hours and 45 minutes!" Jamie smiled, glancing at the clock in anticipation.

Cassie sucked in and Kyle swore under his breath.

Kyle met Max, Michael and Alex's looks and they knew they didn't have much time to do something about this.

Liz shivered and looked out toward the front of the building and then the back. She put her hand on Max's arm and he turned to her.

*Oh my god Max! They are going to storm the building.* Liz warned.

*Now?* Max asked holding her tighter.

*I don't know I just feel it.* Liz replied.

*Do you mind if I say I can't wait until you get over all these odd symptoms?* Max teased to ease her tension.

Liz smiled and then shivered again. Max hugged her tighter and looked at Michael and then Alex and Kyle.

*That's it Max. We gotta make a move.* Michael spoke for them all.

Max nodded in resignation. He really didn't want to have to put everyone in more danger, but it didn't look like the authorities were leaving them any other choice.

He looked down at Liz. He couldn't lose her. Or the baby. He would cease to exist himself. But if they didn't try something, she could either die by the authorities moving in, or the men when didn't get what they wanted.

Max watched the men closely. Jamie was pacing again, holding his gun loosely by his side, and looking anxious and ready to explode.

Will was sitting by the phone, his own gun in his hand facing the hostages, but his eyes were narrowed worriedly on his partner who was out of control.

Max knew he could probably get the guns to fly out of the men's hands, but he didn't want anyone else to see it.

"Kyle, put Cassie behind you." Max whispered, not taking his eyes off of Will.

Kyle didn't question it. He shifted and put Cassie behind him.

*Michael, can you make the lights go out?* Max asked.

Michael narrowed his eyes and then nodded.

*Isabel, you concentrate on Jamie. When Michael gets the lights out, focus on getting the gun to fly out of his hand, I'll do the same to Will.* Max explained.

*What about us!?* Maria frowned. Not liking just doing nothing.

*Stay down and stay safe for me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someday I'd like to see what symptoms you will have.* Michael met her eyes with and intense, but loving look.

Maria sucked in her breath and just nodded. Leave it to Michael to admit something that serious in the middle of a crisis.

"Kyle. Michael is going to force the lights off, and when he does Isabel and I are going to get the guns out of the guys hands telepathically. When the lights go out just keep Cassie down." Max warned.

Kyle, still amazed at what the three could actually do, just nodded.

Cassie was staring at Max in a strange way. It couldn't be. She thought as her heart started to thud loudly and almost leave her breathless.

********************

"We'll call Will Thompson in 5 minutes and try to explain that their money is on it's way and distract him so you can go in." One of the FBI men explained to the leader of the team going in.

Jim swore as he listened grim faced. He wished he could do something. Everything was going to go to hell in 5 minutes and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it. Unless.

******************

Max watched Will, waiting for the right moment when his guard was down the most. They all waited for a signal from Max.

"Hello in there!" a voice called out over a megaphone from outside. "This is Sheriff Valenti. I would like to come in and talk to you. I will be unarmed and you can always keep me as another hostage if you don't like what I have to say."

Kyle paled thinking of his father putting himself in that situation.

Will frowned, taken by surprise by the sheriff's actions.

Max realized it was going to have to be *Now!* He told the group and Michael focused completely on the lights and they went out suddenly, leaving them all in the dark.

Max concentrated on the gun in Will's hand and felt it pull out of the man's grasp. When he heard it clatter across the counter, he sighed but swore when he saw Will reaching for it.

Kyle leaped to his feet, having already thought of this, and he jumped over the counter in one move and tackled Will to the ground.

Alex followed suit and tackled Jamie who was stunned when the gun was pulled from his hands. He knew Max, Michael and Isabel were going to have their hands full just concentrating on what they were doing.

"I got this one!" Kyle called out as he wrestled Will to the ground.

"This one is down too." Alex said with a smile in his voice.

Michael got the lights back on and they all stood up.

Max ran around the counter and saw Kyle in a wrestling position over Will. He grinned at the Kyle and Kyle smiled smugly back.

Isabel ran to Alex as Alex stood up with Jamie in a backward arm hold. "This one's finished." Alex said angrily and jerked the guy a little harder.

"Thompson!?" They heard Valenti's voice on the megaphone again.

Max realized that the FBI was probably going to storm any second. He ran to the front door and called out. "It alright sheriff. We've got the two guys contained. Their coming out." Max called out and nodded to Alex and Kyle.

Alex went out with Jamie and Kyle with Will to prove to the authorities that it was not a trick.

The FBI swarmed around the two men and took them away from Kyle and Alex.

Alex's parents ran forward and he was suddenly crushed between them, but he didn't mind.

Nancy Parker, Amy Deluca and Diane Evans couldn't be held back another second. They ran into the café before anyone could stop them. The two concerned fathers not far behind.

Liz and Maria helped Cassie up, and sat her in a chair. Liz got her some water and suddenly the door flew open and she saw her mom running toward her.

Liz sobbed and ran to her mother and was enveloped in a safe hug. Amy Deluca grabbed Maria as well, and Maria just buried her face in her mom's shoulder. Just the smell of her mom was reassuring and made her realized how scared she had been, and how safe she felt now.

Isabel was in her mother's arms and Diane Evans reached out a hand to Max. He took it and hugged his mother as well.

Michael watched as Mr. Evans then wrapped his arms around his whole family and closed his eyes in relief.

Then he gasped in shock as Mr. Evans reached out a hand and drew Michael into the circle as well.

Kyle didn't wait for his dad to run up to him outside. He turned and followed the parents back into the cafe and when he spotted Cassie, he strode to her and lifted her up.

He met his father half way across the room. "Cassie needs to go to the hospital." Kyle said in a strained voice.

His father nodded and motioned to the awaiting ambulance outside. "I'm proud of you son." Jim Valenti swallowed and put his hand on his son's shoulder and squeezed it gently.

"Thanks Dad. You were great out there yourself." Kyle admitted with a small smile. And then he carried Cassie out to the awaiting ambulance.

The FBI now came into the café and the leader came up to the Sheriff. "That was a stupid move Sheriff. You could have gotten everyone in there killed with that stunt about going in to talk to those two." The man frowned.

Jim Valenti looked at him like he was crazy, considering the risk the FBI had been willing to take, and he turned away from the man.

"We will need your statements folks." The sheriff sighed knowing he had to get this out of the way before he could let the tired hostages go.

**************

"No Kyle. I don't want to go to the hospital!" Cassie panicked and struggled to get out of Kyle's arms.

"Cassie what's with you? Of course you're going. You've got a bullet in you." Kyle frowned and continued walking with the struggling bundle in his arms.

"Okay, wait. Get Liz and Max and the others please. I need them."

Kyle looked down at Cassie's pale frightened face and looked puzzled.

"Please Kyle! Max, Michael and Isabel I think I'm one of them." Cassie whispered and watched Kyle sway a little as his eyes grew wide and his mind whirled as he tried to take in this latest news.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.