FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Through Space and Time"
Part 3
by Nikitafehr
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Roswell or the show, they are the property of the WB and all those other people.....unfortunately. I do however proudly own the Montaks, Deltarians and the whole of Nargonia. I am sooo rich...NOT!
Summary: This is my take on Maria being faced with losing Michael to his home planet.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: MUST...HAVE...FEEDBACK! Good or bad comments welcome. I would love to know what you think...pretty please with a cherry on top? :-)
Everyone decided it was time to go shortly after Michael had returned, thankfully minus Tess. They had thrown around a few more arguments against why they shouldn’t leave but it proved to be fruitless. Who could argue with Destiny? They were all emotionally fatigued and eventually headed off to their respective cars. Max took Liz, Isabel and Alex with him in the jeep and Michael drove Maria back to his place in the Jetta. The drive home was made in complete silence for both parties. Everyone was too wrapped up in his or her own thoughts, trying to digest what was happening to even begin to speak. They wouldn’t know what to say anyway. The silence was comfortable for now and by a mutually unspoken agreement between them words were not needed.

********

Michael opened the door to his apartment and threw the keys on the table. Maria followed close behind and shut the door softly leaning back against it for support. She felt so hollow inside it was almost unbearable and why wouldn’t she? This would have to rate as the worst day of her entire life. She had just found out that her boyfriend would be deserting her in one week ’s time and on top of that she had nearly been fried alive by Tess. In Maria ’s mind things could not get any worse.

Michael turned to face her and spoke for the first time since they had left the meeting place. "Is your mom home honey?"

Silence.

"Maria….?" He repeated her name when she didn’t answer straight away.

"Hmmm? Oh…umm, she’s home until tomorrow, then ……then I think she’s out of town for a while at some new convention". Maria’s head was beginning to swim and she gripped the doorknob behind her to steady herself. "I….I can’t breathe." She whispered to herself as her heart fluttered uncontrollably fast in her chest. The full impact of Michael leaving was finally starting to hit home and had decided to steal her breath along with it. "Oh my God….I can’t breathe."

Michael didn’t hear her.

Okay, good. I want you here with me tonight. Ring her and tell her your staying at Liz’s or something so she doesn’t worry." He said as he shrugged his jacket off before throwing it onto the couch. When Maria didn’t say anything he looked up to find her staring at him with eyes as wide as that of a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. "Maria…"

Her bottom lip began to tremble and a single tear ran down her cheek with the threat of more to come. "Michael..I ..I don’t feel so good…

"MARIA!" He called out as he ran to catch her before she fell into unconsciousness.

Maria’s eyelids fluttered open and she tried to focus on her surroundings. Her head felt so heavy and she didn’t understand why. The last thing she remembered was walking into Michael’s apartment, feeling like she was going to die. Pushing the ugly memory down she blinked away the lingering fog of sleep and stared at the ceiling above her, realizing that she was in Michael ’s room on his bed. She felt something heavy and warm on her stomach and peered down to find Michael sleeping peacefully. His head was resting against her stomach and one arm was draped across her waist protectively. She only wore a short singlet top that exposed her belly and the feel of his warm breath against her skin was heaven. She instinctively reached her hand down and ran her fingers through his hair loving the silky smoothness of it despite it’s unruly spikiness. Trailing her fingers from the nape of his neck upwards against the grain of his hair she scraped her nails softly along his scalp as she went making it even more of a spiky mess. "Perfect." She thought. She could stay like this forever.

Michael started to stir and he looked up into her face, eyes still slightly hooded with sleep.

"Hey" She said smiling.

"Hey yourself. You had me worried there for a minute De Luca. You feel okay?" He asked searching her eyes.

"Yeah, I’m okay. My head feels a little heavy but that’s about it. What happened? The last thing I remember was walking into your apartment." She didn’t elaborate on the rest.

"You passed out, that’s what happened." He looked at his watch. "You’ve been out for about 2 hours now".

"Oh…" She trailed off.

"OH!" He repeated. "That’s all you’ve got to say. She scares the living daylights out of me by passing out in my living room and all she says is oh". He said in mock exasperation looking up to the roof.

Maria could tell by his tone that he was joking and she smiled. "Oh, poor baby. Come here" she said before reaching her hands down around his neck to bring his face nearer hers. "I’m sorry, did I scare you?"

"Damn straight you did. Just make sure it doesn’t happen again woman." He growled out jokingly before pressing his lips firmly to hers for a loving kiss. "No, but seriously" He said pulling back slightly. "You are okay right?"

Maria saw the concern in Michael’s eyes. "I’m fine Michael as long as you never stop kissing me."

"Oh, I think I can manage that". He said huskily, grazing his lips ever so lightly across hers before pulling back to look into her eyes. He wished he could freeze moments like these in time. Then he could pop them in his pocket and take them home with him to relive every time he felt the need, which he had to admit, would probably be to often. Being here with Maria in his arms, nothing had ever felt so right in his entire life as it did when he was with her. They were meant to love each other. No one would ever tell him differently and in light of what had gone down that day Michael knew Maria needed him to love and comfort her as much as he could right now. He could feel her desperate need for intimacy because he had the exact same need burning inside his chest.

Propping himself up on one elbow he slowly ran his fingertips down the smooth contours of her jaw line before bringing them to rest on her lips. She sighed at the feel of his tender caresses. Reaching her hand up she pushed his fingers to her lips for a kiss before surprising him by taking one of his fingers in her mouth and gently sucking on it, running her mouth up and down it’s length. Maria’s dark eyes spoke volumes to Michael before she even said a word. "I need you so much, make love to me Michael."

He wanted to melt into her right then and there. Seeing the raw desire in her eyes he pulled his hand away from her mouth and traced slow circles on her bare stomach with his wet finger. Feeling her quick intake of breath at his touch Michael gripped her waist with his hand and covered her mouth with his own. As he plunged his tongue deep inside her mouth she responded with a soft moan causing him deepen the kiss even further.

Maria felt like she was drowning in his kisses and didn’t care if she never came up for air. Michael was what she needed, what she would always need. In her desperate need to feel him against her she reached out and started to undo the buttons of his shirt all the time never taking her mouth from his. When she had undone the last button she pushed his shirt apart and back over his shoulders prompting him to take it off. He reluctantly took his hand away from her waist and let her push the shirt off his left shoulder before shifting his weight onto his free left hand so that she could slide the shirt off his right arm completely. Shirt now completely removed and discarded carelessly to the floor he quickly shifted his weight back to his right elbow and returned his other hand to it’s rightful position on her waist.

Maria wrapped her arms around Michael’s back to pull him closer to her and she could feel the scorching heat radiating off his skin. She ran her hands up and down his back slowly before snaking them around to rest on his chest. Pinching his nipples lightly she felt his groan of pleasure rumble in his chest and through her fingers before she slowly moved them down to rest on the waistband of his jeans. Feeling his arousal bulging against the side of her leg she started to move her thigh against it.

"God…Maria…" He breathed against her lips before placing searing hot open-mouthed kisses down her neck. He wanted her so bad he could almost taste it. As he nibbled on her neck he reached his hand up to cup her breast and kneaded it gently. He moved his mouth lower to her collarbone before grazing her nipples with his teeth through the thin material of her singlet. Maria shuddered beneath him as her breathing became shallower and her nipples strained hard against the fabric. He couldn’t stand the barrier of material stopping him from tasting her any longer. With one quick movement he pushed himself up and ripped the singlet open down the middle before returning his mouth to the soft exposed flesh of her breast.

Maria saw the look of wild animalistic desire flash in Michael’s eyes as he ripped her singlet open and the butterflies in her stomach immediately sprang to life. It always scared her when he looked at her like that, so hungry for her, but it never frightened her near as much as it excited her. The tingles he sent running up her spine were proof positive of that and the combination of fear and excitement was overwhelming. His eyes had a way of burning through to her soul, as if branding her, and told her in no uncertain way that she was his to have and his only. She had managed to tame that look in the past…sometimes, but right now she had no intention of doing so nor did she think he would let this be one of those ‘sometimes’. Their need for each other was too great this time and nothing would pry them apart.

Maria cried out as Michael circled her left nipple with his tongue before taking it in his mouth completely. She instinctively arched her back and clutched is hair with her hand, holding him to her breast as he hungrily and almost painfully sucked and bit one nipple before making his way to the other.

Never removing his mouth from her breast Michael placed himself over Maria careful to balance most of his weight on his forearms so as not to crush her. Then positioning his right leg in between her legs he gently pushed it up into her centre giving her the pressure she craved. Maria responded instantly by lifting her bottom up and pressing herself against his leg to relieve the ache quickly spreading through her lower body.

Michael left Maria’s breasts to kiss his way down her body and the cold air hitting the wetness from his mouth made her moan at the loss of his warmth. He reached up and covered her breasts with his hands while gently biting on her lower stomach, teasing her belly button with his tongue before bringing his mouth back up to cover hers. As their tongues explored every delicious inch of one another’s mouths Michael could feel Maria’s hips start to buck against him as she ground her centre into his leg trying to find release. He reached his hand down and steadied her hips, pushing them flat against the bed to stop her movement. Small whimpering sounds escaped her lips at the loss of his leg between her thighs and she started to touch herself on the outside of her panties with her own hand. "Touch me Michael, please touch me." He didn’t need any further coaxing. Michael slid his hand down her stomach and into her panties. He parted her lips with his fingers and cupped her warm entrance with his palm. He could feel how wet she was for him and forcefully plunged two fingers deep inside her. She cried out loudly at the sensation of his fingers buried within her and couldn’t stifle the moans that were to follow as he withdrew them only to plunge them deeper into her again and again.

Maria needing to feel Michael in the same way reached down between their bodies and began to undo the zip on his black jeans. Then sliding her hand down into his boxers she took him in her hand and began to caress his length lightly, slowly, teasingly. Michael let out a throaty moan in response to her touch. He removed his fingers from within her only long enough to reach his own hand down to cover the hand she now had firmly gripping his arousal, guiding her, making her rub harder. "Harder baby." He breathed into her mouth. She complied willingly with his demand and he returned his hand to its previous position in her panties. "Ahh…God that feels so good." He moaned in response.

As her own pleasure intensified Maria started to rub Michael even harder and faster but he reluctantly reached down and pulled her hand away before it was too late.

"Michael…let me.." She managed between cries trying to find her way back to his crotch with her hand.

"No" He said firmly grabbing her wrist before stifling one of her moans with his mouth. "You’ll make me come Maria." And he didn’t want that yet, not before he was completely enveloped in her beautiful body.

Any confusion she may have felt at his actions vanished almost as quickly as it appeared as she let herself drown in the sensation of Michael’s fingers thrusting in and out of her. Michael could hear Maria’s breath quicken and her cries were getting louder in anticipation of her oncoming climax. Not wanting her to orgasm just yet he eased his fingers out of her wetness and he could feel her dig her nails into his back in annoyance. "Don’t stop Michael…"

"Patience baby, I’m not finished yet." Placing one last kiss on her parted lips he quickly got off the bed and took his jeans and boxers off before reaching over to Maria, pulling both her skirt and panties down at the same time. His gaze never left hers the whole time.

He straddled her on the bed before lying down on top of her resting most of his weight on his forearms. Maria parted her legs for Michael as he positioned himself at her entrance. The tip of his erection teased her opening as he bent his head to her mouth for another deep passion filled kiss.

Maria thrust her hips up to meet him coaxing Michael to enter her. When that didn’t work she tried to reach her hand in between them again so that she could take him into her. Before she could even get halfway down his stomach he quickly grabbed her wrist and placed it above her head before doing the same with her other wrist. Michael now held both of her tiny wrists firmly in one hand while he clutched her thigh tightly to his side with the other.

"Michael, please. I’m aching for you. It hurts baby." She pleaded with him, her face contorting into one of pain. She could tell Michael was in a playful mood and didn’t think she could stand the agony of waiting any longer.

"You want me to make it stop…hmmm?" He mumbled kissing her neck mercilessly.

"Yes….you know I do. Make it stop Michael…..please."

Michael responded immediately by pushing himself into her so hard that they slid up the bed a little. "Michael…" Maria let out a scream of pure pleasure and Michael bit down on her shoulder to stifle his own cry. They stayed like this for a moment panting in unison before Maria began to squirm under him telling him she was ready for more. Michael released her wrists and raised himself up onto his hands for better leverage before driving into her again. He made slow deep deliberate thrusts at first just enjoying the feeling of being within Maria, wanting to make it last. His hips slammed into her inner thighs as she rose up to meet his every thrust driving him deeper into her core. Maria’s moans were coming out hard and fast and Michael quickened the pace of his thrusts with wild abandon as he felt them both nearing the point of no return.

Maria grabbed Michael’s arms on either side and cried out as her orgasm shuddered through her entire body. She braced herself against Michael as he continued to pump in and out of her. Her flesh was so sensitive from the first time she didn’t think she could take anymore when he brought her to climax again.

Michael could feel Maria’s walls contract tightly around him and he increased his thrusts, pumping faster and harder until he felt her orgasm for the second time. As she screamed out his name he exploded within her before collapsing softly onto her with exhaustion as they both basked in the waves of pure ecstasy washing over them.

Just as he was about to withdraw and lay beside her Maria grabbed his arms to prevent him. "No, wait. Let’s just stay like this for a little longer…please."

"We can stay like this for as long as you want Maria." As he nuzzled into her breasts, Maria reached down and ran her fingers through Michael’s hair. They lay there for what seemed like an eternity, Michael still sheathed inside her as their breathing slowly reached a normal pace.

Michael could feel sleep starting to take hold when all of a sudden he heard a sniffle and Maria’s chest started to hiccup with sobs. He looked up into her face and could see that she was crying. "Hey, what’s all this about?" He asked softly whilst gently brushing the escaped tears away. When she didn’t answer an unpleasant thought entered his mind. "I didn’t hurt you did I Maria? God, I’m sorry baby. You know what I get like when I’m with you…"

"No no. You didn’t hurt me Michael." She quickly cut in. "It’s just…I can’t lye here with you and not think about the fact that in a week’s time you’ll be gone from my life forever. I….I’m scared Michael, I don’t want to lose you. I mean, you’re so much a part of my life now, how am I supposed to live without you? I just…I don’t think I can do it …. and I don’t want to have to find out." As she said this she realized just how much she had changed since meeting and falling in love with Michael. She was sure the old Maria, no she knew the old Maria would have had a ‘who needs ‘em’ attitude but that just seemed so unimportant right now and that person so far away. All she could see at this moment was that the man who had come to mean so much to her would soon no longer be a part of her life. The pain at the loss she was already feeling was agonizing and she could only begin to imagine what it would be like once he actually left. "I need you Michael…and I know that you need me."

Michael looked up into Maria’s eyes and the anguish he saw there tore through his heart. Of course he needed her, more than life itself, more than he would ever admit to himself or to Maria. He had come to depend on her just as she had come to depend on him – maybe too much. Michael had never actually had anyone love or care for him until Maria. He hadn’t known love until Maria. She taught him how to love and how to receive it. She didn’t give up on him, instead she made him feel as if he was worthy of the space he occupied in the universe. Maria was the one constant in his life. No matter what he had done to hurt her or himself, he knew she would always be there waiting for him. Waiting to love him even more.

So he didn’t know what to say now. What could he say? Nothing he could say would make what either one of them was feeling any less painful. This hand fate had cruelly dealt, provided them with a no win situation. If he stayed he would never get to find out the basis for his whole existence but then if he left he would lose the one thing that made him want to exist. What could he possibly say to that? Nothing! So he said the only thing he could think of.

"Maria, no more crying. It kills me to see you cry. Please….don’t make the remaining time we have together about tears, make it about us." He placed a tender kiss to her lips.

She nodded slowly. "I’m sorry Michael. I know you’re right…but I just, I can ’t help it. I’ll try though, for you." She smiled softly and caressed his cheek with the back of her hand.

Part 2 | Index | Part 3a
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.