FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The Rite"
Part 1
by Lori
Disclaimer: As usual they aren't mine. They belong to The WB.
Summary: Max must help the alien females with a rite of passage...
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
"He is not going to accept this you know. He will fight it," said Tess as she sat down on the sofa in the Valenti living room. Max sat down in the chair next to her. "I know that. Kyle has never been thrilled with me, and now he will really hate me. But we have to convince him that it has to done." Tess shook her head ,and smiled sadly. "You know, I used to want you make love to me. I wanted you to remember our life on our planet together, make things the way they were supposed to be. But now I just feel sadness that it will be you and not Kyle that my first time will be with." Max looked at her, and felt badly. She had made his life and Liz's miserable for so long when she first came to Roswell, and then they had become friends. When she and Kyle had taken up together, he had been shocked, and then pleased. Tess was out of his life so to speak, and Kyle was out of Liz's. Now he was about to possibly destroy their happiness just because of who he was.

******

Kyle entered the living room and saw Max and Tess talking, and they looked very serious. Kyle had learned to like Evans just a little bit, but every now and then he still held feelings of mistrust whenever Max was around. Maybe it was the alien thing, maybe it still had to do with Liz. Whatever it was, the feeling was back. He approached them cautiously,"Evans! What the hell are you doing here? I thought that you were busy working and courting Liz." He moved near Tess and leaned down to give her a kiss. "Tess, I didn't know you were expecting company today." Tess and Max both jumped as if guilty, a move not lost on Kyle. What the hell was going on here? Max stood up and extended his hand to Kyle, who took it after a moments hesitation. "Kyle." Max looked at Tess and then again at Kyle. "How's it going?" Kyle cocked his head, and grinned slightly. "You two are up to something aren't you?" At their astonished looks he added," No, I can see that you two are sharing something private, and I don't mind saying that I'm not thrilled. No siree, I'm not thrilled at all that Evans and my Tess are sharing something." Tess rolled her eyes and looked at Max and then down. Kyle could always sniff out things. This meant that they were going to have to jump right in and tell him instead of breaking it to him gently. 'Budda Boy' was about to become 'Angry Boy' she was sure of it. Tess took Kyle by the arm and led him over to the sofa. "Budda Boy, we need to talk to you about something serious. Please hear us out before you say anything okay?" Kyle felt that bad feeling coning in strong. Oh Budda, please help me to stay centered and calm.

"Kyle, Max is here to help me...us with a problem. He's the only one who can help us, so hear us out." Kyle, didn't like where this was going. Only Max could help them? What kind of a problem was this? "Okay, how is Evans here supposed to help us? And jusst what is this problem we have?" Max sat across from Kyle and Tess and took a breath before saying carefully,"Kyle, we have this book that Tess gave to us shortly after we met her. It has pictures and alien language in it. Michael has been trying to decipher the language since we got the book." Max paused in his explanation to let this much sink in with Kyle. Kyle looked at Max expectantly. When no questions were forth coming Max continued. "Michael finally suceeded in reading the book.It said...um...look Tess remembers this from our planet and agrees with the book.." Kyle threw his hands over his face and rubbed. "Evans, I'm gonna knock you around if you don't just tell me what the damn book said. Geez, you could bore a person to death with these long explanations." Tess punched Kyle in the arm. "Hey Budda Boy. I thought we agreed you would listen." Kyle rubbed at his shoulder and grimaced at her alien strength in hitting him. "Hey, I never agreed, you did. Look, just get on with it." Max got up to walk around the room, his pacing driving Kyle crazy. "Then as you know I'm the King and a healer of my people." Kyle nodded as he dropped his head back onto the sofa back. "Yes, you're the most powerful King, yada,yada,yada. Get on with it please." Max came to a stop infront of Kyle. "As the King and Healer, I have to um, I have to take the virginity of all the royal alien females or they die giving birth," finished Max quickly. Kyle's head snapped up and he stared at Max. He looked at Tess who looked back at him and smiled a weak smile. "THE HELL YOU SAY!!! No one is taking Tess's virginity but me! Especially you Evans!" He looked at Tess and said softly to her,"You are still a virgin aren't you honey?" Tess hauled off and hit Kyle over and over while shrieking at him,"You son of a bitch! How dare you ask me that! Of course I'm still a virgin in the way that counts." Kyle ducked Tess's blows while trying to get hold of her arms. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry! I just, well this is a shock. Stop hitting me woman! Damn you scratch when you hit, did you know that?" Max stood back and watched shocked as Tess raged at Kyle. He felt sorry for Kyle. Not only was he hearing bad news, but he was in love with a mad alien who apparently liked to be physical.

"Okay you two stop it! We have to talk about when we are going to do this," said Max. That got immediate attention from the others. "You're not touching her Max. I mean that. No one is taking her virginity but me. That's my right not yours," said Kyle pointing a finger Max's direction while placing Tess behind him as if to keep her away from Max. Tess took his face into her hands and forced him to look at her. "Kyle, if I don't do this with Max, then when I conceive and try to bear a child, I will die. Now if you want me to die, then okay. But if you want me to be around to care for that child, and you ,and hopefully other childern, then I have to do this with Max." Kyle felt his heart tear at her words. They were serious. She would die if she didn't have sex with Max. He looked Max's way. The guy took everything from him...Liz, his Dad's time, and now Tess's virginity. He hated him. "I don't understand how Max having sex with you will keep you from dying in childbirth. We don't have to have kids. We can adopt," said Kyle thinking he had a way around the problem. Tess shook her head. "We don't know if human birth control will work on aliens. I can't chance it. It's Max or no marriage to you." Kyle was dumb founded. Not marry him? This was bad. This was really bad. He looked at Max. "Just what do you have that is so great?" Max shook his head. "All I know is that something in me keeps them from dying. We don't know why. All we know is that it has to be done." Kyle tried to calm his breathing that had started to get rapid. "What about Isabel? How can you have sex with her? She's your sister." Max quickly said,"No, she's not, not really. We were adopted together by the Evans's, but on our planet that was not true." He looked off and back and added,"I've already performed the 'rite' with Isabel. Tess will have to be soon. The girls are nearing fertility and this needs to be done quickly. Kyle, I know this hard on you, it's hard on us too, but if you love Tess you will allow us to do this. It is not meant to be rubbed in your face. It is just a thing with our species. We're sorry." Kyle gave a little bitter laugh. "You're sorry. Well that's just great Max. I guess I'll have to accept your damned apology, and smile while you f*** my bride to be!" Max and Tess both flinched at Kyle's crude language. They had known he would be angry, but he was livid. Tess touched his arm. "Kyle, I'm doing this with or without your permission. If it's not you that I marry , it's some other guy ,and I will have children, and live to raise them." "Was that an ultimatum?" Kyle asked incredulously. Tess looked him in the eye with a hurt look, before exiting the room, leaving Kyle and Max to stare after her. "I guess you see how it is Kyle." "Yeah I see," Kyle said sadly.

*****

Kyle knocked on Tess's door and then went inside. Tess was sitting on the bed crying quietly into a pillow. Kyle's heart turned over at the sight of her tears. He hated it when she cried, and now he was the cause. "Ah Tess, don't do that, don't cry," he said as he approached the bed and sat next to her, taking her in his arms. He stroked her hair ,and kissed the top of her head. Tess snuffed and wiped at her eyes. "Kyle, you have to understand that Max and I are not crazy about this either. We may have been married to each other on our planet, but on this one, in this life, we have new loves. This hurts us as much as it hurts you." Kyle froze at her words. Tess and Max had been married on their planet? Why the hell hadn't anybody shared that tidbit with him? "You were married to Max? Why didn't you tell me?" asked Kyle. Tess sighed as she said,"For his very reason. You are so jealous of him Kyle that it is not even funny. I love you Budda Boy, not Max." Kyle hugged Tess to him as he tried get the picture of Max and Tess out of his head. "Do you have memories of your life together? I mean I guess you do since you know that you were married." "I have memories...some that is, but Max does not. Not really. He never wanted me here, always it has been Liz for him. So don't worry, he is not going to steal me away from you. He is just going to help me live when WE..you and me have a child,"said Tess. Kyle held her close and breathed in the scent of her hair. "There's no other way? Some alien miracle that you forgot about?" Tess shook her head and closed her eyes. This was so unfair. She finally had a life and someone to love and to love her back, and this has to happen. "I think it should be soon Kyle. The sooner we get it over with the better." She hesitated before asking,"Will you feel differently towards me after I do this? Will you still want me?" Kyle knew her questions were valid and to be truthful, he really didn't know how he would feel after it was over. He hoped that he still felt the same about her and that he would not hold this against her. But , he didn't know how it would effect their relationship with Max either. Sighing he said,"I can't say Tess. I love you now, but knowing you will have been with Max...I just can't say. I'm just being honest." Tess nodded and said,"Let's go find Max."

*******

Max was sitting in a booth at the Crashdown when Tess and Kyle came in. He watched as they approached the booth and sat down. He waited for them to broach the subject they all knew they were there to discuss. Kyle glared at the table top. He would love to bust Max's alien head open right now. How the heck did you ask a guy to sleep with your girl? 'Excuse me Max, but would you please go and slide it to my wife to be.' Oh yeah, that really sounded good. Tess could feel the tension in Kyle and Max building along with her own. She couldn't take much more of this. Maybe she should have talked to Isabel first about how she handled this. Too late now. "Okay, we know why we're here, so let's just set the time and get on with it," said Tess. "Get on with what?", asked Liz as she came up to them to take their order. Max jumped and looked at Tess at the sound of Liz's voice. He had not told her yet of the ritual. She wouldn't understand he was sure. He looked at Kyle and saw him freeze also. "Uh, nothing Liz. How about Cokes all around," said Max. Tess jumped in and said,"How about fries with that too?" Kyle just sat there and stared at Liz. Finally he asked,"Does she know?" Liz looked at him ,and then Max and Tess curiously before asking," Do I know what?" Max could have killed Kyle right there. What was Kyle thinking? And this was not the place for that revelation anyway. Tess kicked Kyle under the table causing him to grunt in pain. "What? I think she should know what is happening." Liz got a worried feeling. Max and Tess looked very uncomfortable. "What are you guys talking about?" "Liz..."began Max haultingly. Tess quickly said,"I think we should discuss this somewhere else. Now!" And she got up and left the booth. Kyle followed her and Max, looking at Liz left too. Liz told the other waitress to cover her shift, and followed the others out the door. "What's going on you guys? Tell me," said Liz. "I'll tell you Liz," said Kyle. "Max is going to take the virginity of my intended so that she will not die giving birth to our children." Kyle looked at Tess and Max who were standing there open mouthed staring at Kyle. "Did I get that all right?" he asked them. "You son of a bitch! How could you just tell her like that? I don't even know you!" cried Tess as she turned away from him. Liz was in shock over what she just heard. Max was going to sleep with Tess and Kyle knew it? He had to to save her life when she had babies? This was all confusing frightening to her. "Max, what is he saying? You can't seriously be going to sleep with Tess. Are you?" she asked waveringly when he didn't deny it. "Liz,...I have too. It is a rite with our species on our planet. She will die in childbirth if I don't take her virginity. It has to do with my being King and a healer. We don't know why, but I have to do this with all the royal females. Please try and understand, we are doing this so they won't die," pleaded Max to a horrorfied Liz. "Even Isabel?" asked Liz in a strangled voice. "He's already done her," said Kyle. "You slept with your own sister? How could you?" "They're not brother and sister, not really, not on this planet," said Tess. "They are not related by blood, just by being adopted. They did nothing wrong." "Liz, I couldn't let her die," said Max watching Liz's face . Tess went to Max and said,"We'll do it tonight. I can't stand this anymore." She then glared at Kyle and left. "I screwed up didn't I?", asked Kyle feeling regret at lashing out the way he did, by telling Liz. "You can't help it that you're stupid Kyle. Go and find her ,and bend over backwards making it up to her," said Max. Kyle nodded and started off, before turning and saying,"Hey look I'm sorry. You know me, I get pissed off and strike back. I'm sorry for what I said." Then he turned to walk off and stopped again. He hesitated and then turned towards Max and said,"Don't let her die man , or I will kill you myself." Then he left.

"So you're really going to sleep with Tess to save her life...wow...I just..it's hard to understand.And it hurts you know. I always thought we would be each others first, but I guess that won't happen now." She looked up at him and asked,"Did you enjoy it Max? Did you like having sex with Isabel? Are you looking forward to having sex with Tess too?" Tears were in her eyes as she asked ,yet dreaded knowing the answer. Max shook his head and went to her. "I did what was required of me. I won't deny that there wasn't pleasure Liz, that's what sex is about in a way, but as far getting into it because it was her , then no. I only want you that way, no one else." Liz nodded as she went into his open arms. She would never understand the alien ways , and this one was hurtful to so many. Why did she have love an alien?

*******

Tess opened the door to Max and took him back to her room. Neither spoke until they reached her room. "Where's Kyle?" asked Max as he took off his jacket. Tess sat on the bed and shook her head. "He said he couldn't be here for this, and he left. I suspect he is out getting drunk. He took his flask with him...he hasn't done that in a long time," she said quietly. Max came over to her and sat down. "We will get this over with and then I'll go look for Kyle." Max put his arm around Tess and hugged him to her. She buried her face in his shoulder and a tear fell down her cheek. "This sucks Max, you know it?" Max agreed. It sucked big time. He kissed the top of her head and began to rub small circles gently on her back. She was so tense. Not that he wasn't. He half expected Kyle to come back and shoot him. With Kyle you just never knew. Tess began to relax, and Max became bolder in his actions. He ran his hand along her arm ,and up to her face. He wiped away her fallen tear, and kissed her mouth gently. Tess opened up her mouth to Max's seeking tongue, joining in a deep kiss with him. Max ended the kiss, and looked down at Tess surprised. He hadn't expected to enjoy kissing her that much. Oh in his dreams he had enjoyed it, but for real,no. He leaned in to take her mouth with his again and ravaged it as if starving. Tess hungrily returned the kiss as her need to be touched took hold. She ran her hands along Max's muscular arms ,and up his chest. She could feel his heart beating erraticaly. Tess raised Max's shirt and helped him lift it over his head. Looking at his body, she was amazed at how good looking he was...like Kyle. She stopped what she was doing as she thought of Kyle. This wasn't Kyle. Max sensed that something had changed when Tess stopped touching him. "What? Am I doing something wrong?" asked Max. "No, I just started thinking about Kyle is all." Max placed his chin on her head. He had gone through something like this with Isabel, but he wouldn't dare suggest Kyle sit in on this rite. "Tess, let's just do this and get it over with. The sooner the better." Tess nodded and began to undo the belt at Max's waist. Max began to pull the shirt up over Tess's head , and revealed her breasts. He cupped them in his hands and bent to suck on first one and then the other. Tess began to moan as she unbutttoned Max's pants , and slipped them down his hips. Max stepped out of his pants. Tess slid her hands in Max's waist band of his shorts and pushed them down. His erection was hard and throbbing as she bent down to help him step out of his shorts. At the sight of him eye level with her vision, Tess couldn't help herself. She flicked Max's member with her tongue , causing him to jump in surprise and pleasure. "Tess!Oh my ..." Max ran his fingers through her hair and held her to him. Tess had done this to Kyle alot of times , so she had some experience on how to please a guy. She took Max into her mouth and sucked and licked his length down to the tip. There she she ran her tongue around the head , and back up under the shaft. Then she took him in her mouth all the way and throated him. Her hands found his balls and fondled them while she sucked him.

Max couldn't believe what Tess was doing to him. He began to pump her mouth as she sucked him hard. He was going to come any minute. Tess could feel him tighten ,and then she took all he had to give in her mouth. Max cried out her name, and thrust into her mouth over and over until he was drained. He withdrew from her mouth and pulled her up to him , hugging her close. They lay down on the bed and Max said," Why did you do that? You did not have to do that. We were just going to do this and that would be the end of it." "I know, but you are having your relationship with Liz damaged just as much as all of us. I just wanted to show you how much I appreciate you doing this for us," said Tess on his chest. "I wouldn't let you guys die. I couldn't. Liz will just have to understand that," said Max. "We need to do what I came here for Tess." Max leaned on his side and ran a hand around Tess's breasts, stroking her and tugging at her nipples. He kissed and sucked at them as his hand ran down along her belly to her mound. His finger slid inside of her as she parted her legs. She was moist and getting slicker under his hand. Max moved over Tess and between her thighs. He positioned himself at her opening and began to slide inside. When he reached her barrier, he took her mouth with his and thrust home. Tess arched slightly and then came back down. Her hips began to move with Max's in rhythum. The friction they created in their movement began to carry them to frenzied heights as they approached orgasm. Tess's moans of pleasure were growing louder and louder. "Max, Max,Max....oh geez...ahhh....MAX!!!" Tess hit her orgasm just as Max reached his. He stiffened, and quietly thrust hard into her over and over until he was spent. He lay on top of her for a moment and then rolled off.

Tess grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Max leaned over and kissed her head and got up. They looked at each other and smiled. Then Max got dressed and left to find Kyle.

*******

Kyle banged on Michael's door loudly. "Guerin! Hey Guerin, you in there? Open up!" Michael scratched his head and opened his door to a drunk Kyle. "Man you're stinking drunk. What's your prob..." Michael immediately knew what it was. Max was with Tess. This was the night. "Come on in Kyle," Michael said sympathetically, swinging the door open wide. Kyle entered and fell on the couch. Michael offered him something to drink. "I think I've had plenty," said Kyle. He looked at Michael and asked, "How did you do it Guerin? How did you stand letting Max have Isabel first?" Michael wasn't surprised by the question. He felt like Kyle might ask it. But how did he answer? "Kyle, I guess being alien, I knew it had to be done. I love Isabel , and I would do anything to keep her safe...even letting Max have her first. I know now that she will be okay when we have kids. I won't lose her. I couldn't stand to lose her man." Kyle nodded as if in understanding. "But how do you feel now that it is over?" "You mean am I angry Max? At her?" "Yeah. How do you handle that?", asked Kyle. Michael got up and walked to the kitchen. He leaned on the bar and said, "I have to look at it like Max saved her life, because he did in a way. And when I'm with her I will look at her like it is our first time, because it will be for us together. I'll go crazy if I don't." Kyle nodded as a knock came on the door. Michael opened the door to admit Max. "He's over there,"motioned Michael. Max approached Kyle cautiously. A drunk Kyle may not be a good thing. Kyle got up and looked at Max. "So you did it huh?" Max cleared his throat,"Huh,yeah...we did." Michael watched Kyle nod his head slowly. He looked so sad. He knew how he felt. "Kyle, Tess needs you to come home. She needs you," said Max. Kyle just stood there looking at his boots. Michael went over to him and touched his shoulder. "Hey man, I know how you feel, but you have to think how she feels too. She had to give up something she wanted to give to you, just so she wouldn't die. It's not like she had a choice. Go to her and be there for her." Kyle looked at Michael. He gave him a small smile and began to leave. Then he turned to Max. "I...I don't...," Kyle couldn't get the words out. "I know Kyle," said Max. And Kyle went home.

*******

Tess waited in her room for Kyle to return. Would he return? Kyle found her siting on the bed staring into space. "So... you okay?" he asked, watching her carefully. Tess looked up startled. She nodded slowly. "Yeah. You?" Kyle approached the bed and sat down. He thought for a minute and finally said,"I don't know. It is still a shock to me. But I do know that I love you and I will do anything that will keep you safe and here with me." Tess teared up at his words, knowing what it cost his pride to say them. "Kyle, let's not wait till we are married. I need to be with you now. I think the sooner I'm yours the better we off we both will be." Kyle stared at her, and then began to take off his boots and shirt. He reached down and took off his pants and shorts. He reached for Tess and pulled at her shirt. Tess helped him undress her, and then reached between them for his penis. She stroked him as he groaned into her mouth, kissing her hungrily. He kneaded her breasts , and bent to lave them, circling her nipples and sucking them. Tess arched her back, and pulled Kyle down to the bed with her,parting her legs as she went. Kyle placed his hardened penis at her opening feeling her moisture touch him. He slowly entered her, savoring how she felt as she closed tightly around him. At her sigh, he began to move in her, quickening his strokes as they moved together. Tess met Kyle's thrust eagerly, wanting to come with him as she had with Max. Only there was a difference. This was Kyle, and it was so much better with the one you love. Tess screamed Kyle's name as she quickly came. But on the heals of one orgasm came another and another. Kyle thrust hard into Tess until he felt his blood began to boil in his member. He stiffened and exploded into Tess just as she hit her last orgasm. They clung to each other, breathing hard and fast. Tess thought she had died and gone to heaven. Max was good, but Kyle...oh my gosh! This is what she would have forever. How lucky could a girl get? Kyle couldn't believe how great being with Tess had been! He had been with girls before, but he had never experienced anything like that in his life! And she was his. "Tess, was it good for you?" She had known he would ask. "Kyle, I can honestly say that I have never felt so good in my whole life. That was so amazing. Thank you." And she kissed him slowly and ran her fingers around on his chest. Kyle felt his chest swell up. He was better than Evans! Hot damn, he was better than Evans! Kyle hugged Tess and kissed her back. They fell asleep totally content.

*****

Max approached Liz's window and knocked. Liz came and opened the window to let him in. "So, did you do it?" she asked him, not meeting his eyes. Max watched her face as he gently said, "Yes, Liz. I did do it." Liz felt the tears form and nodded her head. Max opened up his arms, and pulled her stiffened body into them. He held her as she cried and he began to cry too. "I know it had to be done, but it doesn't make it easier Max," sobbed Liz. Max choked back his own tears as he said,"I know Liz." Then he added, "Are we going to be okay? Is this going to hurt us?" Liz looked up at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know Max. Right now I just know that I love you ,and I know you had to do this to save them. But if you're asking me if we are going to be okay and forget about it, then I don't know. It will just take time. Okay, just give me some time." Max nodded his head and kissed her hair. They would be okay, he would make sure of it.

The End

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.