FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The One"
Part 8
by Jennaev
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, Max, Liz, Maria, Brody or Sydney. I do own Adarah Davis and Tierzah Rodruiguiz.
Summary: When Brody recieves an omnious call about his estranged wife, he Max and Maria travel across state. Once there old feelings are rekindled and new feelings are discovered.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: A very special thank you to plumeria, who was an absolute God send and edited this story. Thanks for letting me harasass you so much! Feedback: Please, I beg of you. Send all comments, pro or neg to jennaev@hotmail.com
Max stood in the hallway outside Tierzah's room, hugging her gently. "Come in with me, "she demanded suddenly, pulling him through the French doors with her."

"I'll go in, but I'm not having sex with you," Max stated firmly.

"Oh. Really?" She cocked a slender eyebrow.

Max nodded, lfollowing her to her canopy bed. She lay back, pulling him with her. How easily she lead him along, he thought. For all intents and purposes he should have gone screaming the other way as soon as she had arched her slender eyebrow at him.But instead he felt drawn to her. A kindred spirit almost. They both searched for something, something neither would find. He wanted to find home, and she wanted to find a love like her sister's. Both seemed impossible. He smoothed her braids back, letting his fingers rest on her slender neck. Her arms entwined around his neck.'

"You're really not, are you?" She asked, sounding slightly surprised.

"No," he answered, pulling her to his lips and kissing her deeply. ******************************************************* Brody leaned heavily on the window sill. It was almost dawn. Adarah was probably already awake, lying where he had left her last night. He hadn't meant for things to get out of hand. But he loved her so much...

"Daddy!" Syd ran into his arms, snuggling into his neck. "Mommy's crying," she stated sadly.

"I know." He sighed.

"I think you should stay here with us," she stated matter-of-factly

"I can't, babe.."

"You're leaving us again. That's why Mommy is crying. You always make her cry." Syd struggled from his grasp and took off down the hallway.

"What was that about?" Maria asked as she narrowly avoided colliding with the tyke

"Nothing," he trailed off, pretending to be interested in the weather outside. "I think we can leave now."

" Well, maybe after we find Max." Maria had a feeling she knew where he was. She just didn't want to be the one to go find him.

"I think I know where he is," Brody muttered wearily. He passed Maria, turning down the back hall and banging on the large French doors. Tierzah answered moments later, her robe pulled tight around her. " Is Max here?" he questioned. She nodded. "He'll be right out." She smiled sweetly at him as she closed the door.

"Boy, do you think they did it?" Maria asked sarcastically. Brody didn't respond. "You look like hell..." Maria pointed out.

" I'll meet you downstairs." He patted her arm as he slipped past her. It took him only a moment to find Adarah. She was frantically picking up the strewn clothing in the diningroom. He instantly remembered every second of their lovemaking, with great detail. God, he regretted it, mainly because he had to leave her again. "Dar'"

"Don't!" She snapped, not turning to face him. "Don't say anything to me," she bit out. How could he have done this to her...again? How could she have given in to him so easily...again? Why did she still love him so much?

"I'm sorry.."

"I said DON'T!" She yelled, whipping around to face him. "Just get out...NOW!"

"I never meant to hurt you again." He tried desperately to explain.

" Oh, really?" she asked sarcastically.

"I just..." He faltered.

" Thought I looked like I needed a good screw ?" She spat out bitterly, ignoring the fact that the others were gathering around to watch their exchange. "Well I guess I should thank you for saving me my from CELIBACY!" she yelled angrily, pushing past him and slamming their bedroom door.

"Maybe you should just go now," Tierzah urged.

"Tell her to call me," Brody pleaded.

"Yah..well, I'll see what I can do. You better just go now." She walked past them, opening the front door. She squeezed Max's arm as he passed, giving him a secret smile.

"Come again," she whispered, loud enough for the others to hear. Max's face flushed as he ducked out, quickly going to his jeep.

"So. Did you two do it?" Maria demanded, leaning into the front seat.

"No, Maria." But boy, had they come close. He had ended up naked, rubbing against her moist heat as they made out again on her large bed. He had come with a ferocity that he wasn't aware existed. But the feeling of her clenching around his fingers like a vise had sent him over the edge quickly. And surprisingly enough, he didn't regret it. He was pretty sure the sullen man beside him couldn't say the same. He had figured, by Adarah's tirade, that Brody had given in and slept with his wife. That was a no-brainer. Anyone could have predicted that. There were just too many unresolved feelings left between them. Max just hoped that maybe they'd be able to work through their problems and reconcile...for all their sakes. But he himself knew the desperation of wanting to keep your loved ones safe, and how it could overshadow everything else in the world. Even love. And Brody loved Adarah, perhaps too much.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.