FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The Experiment"
Part 16
by LivE
Disclaimer: Nothing Roswell is mine, sadly!!!
Summary: This takes place two weeks after Destiny. Someone from the alien’s race contacts them and takes them to a camp where they were to receive training before returning to their planet. Or maybe for something else! Read and find out…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Journal Entry 22

It was much too soon, but we had no choice.

It was dusk when they drove back to the camp. Max and Liz were alone in the Jeep, the others having decided that they needed some private time. Max had trouble concentrating on driving. He held on to Liz’s hand tightly and only let go if he had to shift gears. He couldn’t let go of her hand even if he tried, but the flashes that came with the contact were heating up his blood unbearably. He had trouble deciding whether they were from him or from Liz. They held images of the two of them tangled together in passion and unleashed desire. Fighting for a normal breathing pattern, he glanced at Liz, trying to discern if she were seeing the images too. It was a mistake and he realized it immediately. Her head was thrown back against the seat, her eyes closed and her breath coming in gasps through her slightly parted lips. His eyes traveled lower helplessly, coming to rest on the agitated movement of her breasts.

Liz was rudely plucked from her daydream when the Jeep screeched to a halt. It took her a moment to gather her wits before she could turn to Max. The question in her eyes died a quick death when she saw the look in his. It felt like flames were burning her skin everywhere his eyes touched and she watched him entranced, unable to look away. He looked hungry… for her.

The spell was broken momentarily as Max got out of the Jeep and rounded the bonnet. Liz could only watch in helpless fascination as he finally reached her side and pulled her legs round so that she sat facing him. His hands slid from her ankles over her calves under her skirt, the material bundling on his wrists as his hands moved higher. Reaching her knees, he curved his hands round the backs of her legs and pulled her towards the edge of the seat. Staring into her eyes, he stepped closer, his hips slipping between her thighs. Liz was powerless to stop the low moan that erupted from her throat and she reached up to clutch at his shirt.

The initial touch of his mouth was surprisingly soft, but the timbre of the kiss changed as soon as Liz parted her lips. Max accepted the silent invitation by thrusting his tongue into her mouth causing passion to explode between them. They kissed hungrily, desperately.

Max slid one hand from her knee over the silken skin of her thigh to cup her bottom. The movement removed the impeding material of her skirt and Liz wriggled forward until she could wrap her legs around him. The strangled sound torn from Max’s chest was music to her ears.

Max tangled his fingers in her hair, pulling her head back so his lips can reach her neck. He ran his tongue over her skin, tasting her as he went lower. Liz’s put her hands on his shoulders, leaning backwards to give him access. The heat of his mouth caused an achy feeling of need in the pit of her stomach. How much she needed Max to make love to her…

Max stopped when he reached the barrier of her top. He desperately wanted more, but wasn’t sure how Liz felt about it. Meeting her eyes, he saw the answer there and it nearly brought him to his knees.

Still watching her intently he moved back a bit and caught the edge of her top in his hands. Liz lifted her arms, allowing him to pull it over her head. Max sucked in and impeded breath as she was revealed to him. She was gloriously beautiful. ‘And mine’. The thought was intoxicating and arousing.

Liz stared at him breathlessly as he slowly lifted a hand to cover the lace of her bra. The heat of his hand seared her skin and caused a rush of sensations in her body. She arched into his hand involuntarily, silently begging him for more. "Max…" His name was a moan, a plea, a prayer…

Max gathered her close to him once again, the need to kiss her overpowering him. Their open mouths clung together, their tongues mimicking the most intimate of connections. Max kept up his caresses on her skin, teasing her with soft touches until she was writhing against him in reaction.

Liz tore her mouth away, breathing raggedly. "Sh… shirt. Take off.." The words wouldn’t come out right. It felt like her mind had left her body, as if he had somehow stolen her reason from her. She urgently started pulling at his buttons, her fingers clumsy and trembling.

Max shrugged out of the shirt as soon as she completed her task, letting it drop carelessly to the sand. He dragged her back into his arms, both of them sighing with the contact. He tightened his hold on her until they were pressed together from shoulder to stomach. He used one hand to slowly rub their torso’s together, causing a delicious friction of skin on skin.

Liz arched her neck, closing her eyes in ecstasy. She wrapped her legs around him again, instinctively rubbing their lower bodies together and producing a tortured sound from Max.

‘I want you.’

The thought was simultaneous and shared through their connection.

Max encircled her with his arms, hugging her to him in a tight embrace. He was fighting for control over his body and he felt Liz doing the same. Their hearts thundered in their ears and their breathing was harsh and labored. They stayed like that for a long time, slowly coming back to earth.

Max finally pulled away. "Let’s go home." His eyes were saying what his mouth couldn’t. Tonight, everything was going to change...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Journal Entry 23

Let the second phase begin…

They arrived back at the camp to find a large crowd waiting for them. All the inhabitants have gathered together and Max could only hope they didn’t see the state he was in. He was really desperate to be alone with Liz. It had not been his intention with the ceremony, but somewhere during all this he had given up on waiting before they make love. He felt like he had married her today and it felt right like nothing in his life ever had. She completed him, she made him happy… and she made him human.

Liz also had trouble hiding her disappointment when they were confronted with the crowd. She gripped Max’s hand for she couldn’t bear not touching him right now. She caught Maria’s eye and was mortified to see her friend’s knowing grin. Apparently it was obvious what she and Max had been up to before they came back.

A silence settled over the crowd as Max helped her out of the Jeep and they stood side-by-side in front of his people. Liz felt his hand tighten on hers and she clutched his arm with her other hand, pressing her body against his in nervousness. What are they going to do?

Then, as if following a silent signal, the crowd bowed in unison.

Liz stared at the sight, unable to comprehend what was happening. She looked up at Max and saw the relief in his eyes. He stepped away from her slowly, gently disentangling himself from her and leaving her alone in front of the crowd. Liz watched in awe, as it became clear that they were honoring her. Not Max, but HER! She turned back to Max, tears filling her eyes. This was so much more than she had ever hoped for. She had basically stolen their leader from his intended wife and they still reacted this way. Not knowing what she should do, she did the only thing she could think of. She said: "Thank you."

Heads lifted up in the crowd at her soft words. A soft clapping started and soon, the applause was thunderous. Liz stood quietly throughout the display, her head held high. The only sign of her nervousness was the hands gripping her skirt at her sides.

Max never felt prouder of her than right now. His heart was about ready to burst and he had trouble keeping himself from going to her and kissing her breath away. But this was her moment.

Nick went to Liz and presented her with a carved wooden box, bowing low before her as she took it. His expression seemed faintly sympathetic, but Liz didn’t have time to ponder this before she was surrounded by people. She also didn’t see the two people standing at the edge of the crowd, regarding the scene with cold eyes. Jans and Tess were both upset with this development, but for very different reasons.

Liz was starting to get overwhelmed by all the people trying to touch her. Maria and Alex arrived, herding her away from the crowd and towards her tent.

Safely inside, Alex bowed low before her, trying very hard not to laugh. "So, my Queen, why were you and our fearless leader so long in returning to the castle?"

Liz blushed. "Shut up Alex!"

Alex folded his arms. "I don’t think that is appropriate language for someone of your standing, young lady!"

Maria shoved him in the ribs before turning to her friend. "Wow, Lizzie! This is all so surreal! One day I’m teasing you about the quietest guy in school staring at you all the time, and now you’re basically married to him and being treated like a queen! I feel like I’m in the twilight zone."

Liz sighed. "Yeah, me too." She frowned. "Where is Max?"

The topic of her question came into the tent as if conjured by her thoughts. His face looked grim and Liz felt a cold shiver going down her spine.

Alex and Maria had also seen Max’s expression and quickly left the tent.

Liz swallowed, wondering why he wouldn’t meet her gaze. "What’s going on, Max?"

Stopping in front of her, he took her hands. "Liz… Love, I’m sorry. I… I have to leave." Hearing her shocked gasp, his eyes finally lifted to hers. "It’s a crisis. I have to go, I’m sorry."

Liz could barely get the words past the constriction in her throat. "When?"

His eyes pleaded with her to understand. "Right now."

Liz was suddenly gripped with an unnamed fear that threatened to overpower her. Something was going to happen to Max if he left, she just knew it…

Part 15 | Index | Part 17
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.