FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"The Experiment"
Part 15
by LivE
Disclaimer: Nothing Roswell is mine, sadly!!!
Summary: This takes place two weeks after Destiny. Someone from the alien’s race contacts them and takes them to a camp where they were to receive training before returning to their planet. Or maybe for something else! Read and find out…
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Journal Entry 20

It had to be done. There was no other way.

Their kiss was filled with joy and promises for the future. There were so many things to say and so few words to say them with. Max was running his hands through her silken hair. How he loved to do that! And how afraid he had been that he would never be able to do it again. Her lips tasted like honey and like home, the home he had always been looking for. And her body, that fit so perfect against his, promised him heaven.

Liz was floating. This was a moment she had always dreamed of. Well, not exactly this, but this was so much better. Marriage could come later, right now she would be Max’s mate. His chosen destiny.

Max reluctantly pulled his lips from hers. There were many things still to discuss. Staring into her eyes, he wished he could freeze this moment in time forever. To be able to see the sparkle that he put in her eyes over and over again. He touched his fingers to her lips reverently. How amazing that he had to travel across several galaxies to find the person that completes him in a small town named Roswell…

Liz waited silently, sensing he had more to say. But as he opened his mouth, his eyes caught something over his shoulder. Liz turned her head to see what he was looking at, but there was nothing but desert shrubs behind them. His attention was on her again when she turned back.

"Liz, I want you to know that I’m doing this because I love you. I’ve been dreaming of marrying you since I saw you that first time. But this is not how I wanted it to be. I wanted -."

Liz shut him up with a soft kiss. "I don’t care."

If ever there were words that had the power to weaken Max Evans, those three were it. ‘I don’t care.’ Those words that had started his hope so long ago that Liz could love him back some day and now they meant that she loved him. And that she didn’t care what the costs of that love were.

Smiling, he attempted to get the discussion back on track. "Liz, there are always going to be people that want to hurt you because of me. I can’t always be with you and if you’re my mate… my BRIDE, you will have a whole race of people looking out for you. I need to know that you’re safe, that your safety is the concern of other people too." He regarded her seriously. "And I want you to know that this ceremony is a promise for the future. A promise that I WILL marry you one day, because… because that’s the human way."

Liz was trying not to cry, but his words were spoken with such determination and tenderness that they went straight to her heart.

Picking her up unexpectedly, he carried her back to the Jeep. "Where are we going?" Liz wanted some more alone time with him. "Are we going back already?" Her disappointment could be heard in her voice.

Max just hugged her closer for a few seconds, hiding his smile in her hair so she couldn’t see it. He set her down in her seat and kissed her forehead before moving around the front of the car to get in himself.

Liz frowned when he drove in the opposite direction of the camp. What was going on now? It didn’t take long to become clear. The Jeep rounded a group of boulders to reveal all their friends and Nick. They were all wearing flowing, white robes and smiles.

Liz started trembling and turned to Max. "Did you…"

He just nodded, love shining from his eyes.

Maria and Isabel were at her side and pulling her from her seat. "Come on. We have some work to do to get this show on the road."

They dragged Liz away from the guys and Max watched her go, his heart in his throat. He was startled from his thoughts when Michael slapped him on the shoulder. "Congratulations, Maxwell! You always have to do everything first, don’t you."

Max smiled at his friend of many years, but Michael jumped in before he could say anything. "I know, I know. Because its Liz." Michael shook his head. "Anyway, let’s get you into the tux before she comes back."

Max’s mouth fell open. "Tux!"

Alex was laughing by then. "He’s just joking! Come on."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Journal Entry 21

I have performed many bonding ceremonies in my life. They were all done to establish units for procreation. My final words always completing the unit. But this time, the bond was already there. I only made it official. I could feel their link and its power was awe-inspiring. How is this possible? They have not been intimate. They are not genetically coded for each other. They are from different races. This experiment becomes more important for my people by the day.

Her beauty stole his breath, his heart and his soul. She was a vision in white, her long hair flowing like silk across her shoulders and her eyes shining like the sun.

He was the most magnificent man she has ever seen. Her hero. The white material of his shirt falling loosely over his strong body. His beautiful eyes filled with love for her.

They faced one another, surrounded by a circle created by the linked hands of their friends. Nick was conducting the ceremony. No words were spoken. He put a hand on Liz and Max each, causing sensations and images to fly through their minds. They were not supposed to touch until the end, but Max couldn’t stop himself from taking Liz’s hands. It caused Nick to falter for a few seconds, thrown by the strong connection flowing between the two young lovers.

They stared in each other’s eyes, seeing images of their past together. Memories of shared kisses, shared pain and shared pleasure. Then they saw the promises for the future. Their hopes and dreams. Among them there were dark-haired children that made Liz gasp and Max grip her fingers more tightly.

Nick ended the ceremony by putting his hands on both their heads. ‘Now you are one.’

He stepped away, but Max and Liz didn’t even notice. Max raised his hand to press it over her heart and waited while Liz mimicked his gesture. "Liz, I love you. Always."

"And I love you. Forever. My Max."

They stared at each other for long moments, before Alex’s voice broke the silence. "You may now kiss the bride!" Isabel swatted him on his arm, but the onlookers were all relieved for the lightening of the mood. They had all been fighting lumps in their throats.

Max kissed Liz’s smiling lips softly. Soon that wasn’t enough and he lifted her up against him with an arm around her waist. Their open mouths melded together hungrily until they started lacking oxygen and the comments from the onlookers finally broke into their haze.

"Are you two going to be even worse now?" But Isabel was smiling when she said it. She went over to hug her brother when he finally let Liz down to the ground again. "I’m so happy for you." She whispered in his ear.

Liz was being surrounded by Maria and Alex, while Max still hung onto her one hand. Maria hugged her tightly and Alex kissed her on top of her head. "Thanks for doing this, guys. I love you both so much."

Alex was still grinning. "Yeah, the leader wanted us here, its not like we had much of a choice! And this after I told him you were going to say no…"

"Alex! You didn’t!" Liz hoped this was the normal Alex banter and that he didn’t really do it, because it would have played right into Max’s nightmares.

"Sheesh, relax. I’m not a complete idiot. I’ve watched you moon over the guy for months, I knew you would say yes before he even finished his question!"

"So does this mean you two will be having… you know, a honeymoon now?" Trust Maria to home in on the most important issue.

Liz felt Max’s hand tighten around hers and she knew he had heard the question even though he was still talking to Michael and Isabel. "Uhm… yeah, I think we’re going to wait with that…"

Looking at Max she found him staring at her with heated eyes. ‘Or maybe not…’

Part 14 | Index | Part 16
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.