FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Stranger"
Part 5
by Lenore13
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB and Christopher Pike. No infringement intended.
Summary: After Destiny. Max and Tess have worked through their problems and are together. Even though Liz doesn’t want to admit it, and neither does Max, they still love each other. Tess continues to fight for Max’s love, and someone else fights for Liz’s..
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
"Mommy!" Kalika cried. She yanked her hand away from Yaksha and ran off towards where she had sensed her mother. Isabel, Michael, Tess and Seymour all looked at the little girl running towards the pod chamber. Horror replaced all of their emotions and they too began to race towards the chamber. When they got there they saw maybe fifteen of the aliens conversing there. Seymour pushed Isabel and Tess behind him as he took one of the matrixes out of his pocket. He aimed it carefully and then used his mind to activate the weapon. The ten aliens screamed in pain, but soon the dessert was quiet again.

"Do you think that was all of them?" Isabel asked, but she already knew the answer.

"For now, yes I think so. They didn’t expect us to be here, but there are others out there." Seymour replied as he smiled at Isabel, but his smile faded.

"What’s wrong?"

"I don’t know… follow me." Seymour led Michael, Isabel and Tess around the corner and towards what seemed like another cave. As he approached the entrance his heart lurched forward. Yaksha and Kalika lay lifeless on the floor. He rushed over to them, but he already knew, they were dead. But still something else was digging at his heart, telling him there was more. He bolted into the cave only to be stopped by the figure, which lay in front of him.

Alisa could barely breath as she lay against the back wall of the cave. Someone had come in and somehow taken her captive. She felt horrible, and she could barely move. She strained to open her eyes, but it took too much so she just slumped back down into another peaceful sleep.

"Ray… Max!" Seymour yelled. He ran over to them, his eyes searching them to make sure they were alive. He noticed that both of them were barely breathing and that blood was trickling down Max’s face.

"Isabel, help Max. I have a feeling that Alisa is here too." Seymour took charge of the situation. He quickly decided he had to get Ray back with Alisa, maybe she could help him.

"Se…Seymour… is that you?" Ray whispered.

"Ray! Thank god you are awake." Seymour hugged Ray.

"Where’s Alisa?" Ray asked. His breathing was somewhat ragged. He felt like a thousand knives had been stabbed into him.

"I think she is in here somewhere." Seymour replied. He could tell that Ray was still injured, but what had the alien done to him? Ray pushed himself up and steadied himself against Seymour. He hated using others for help, but if it meant finding his love then he would do anything. As they walked towards the back they heard Isabel, Michael, Tess and Max talking behind them as they tried to catch up. Ray then heard how they had joined together to heal Max.

"Ray, please let us help you too." Isabel said quickly.

"Thank you Isabel, but you can’t…" Ray couldn’t continue when his eyes landed on Alisa’s body. He leapt out of Seymour’s arms and towards her. He could barely breath as he looked over her. She was so weak and vulnerable. His eyes and heart told him she was hurt just as badly, and he knew what he had to do.

"Max…. Max, come here…" Ray was going to say more, but Max was by his side instantly.

"Max… you have to promise me now… that you will always… take care of her." Ray’s breath was coming in short gasp now.

"Let us heal you Ray." Max knew they couldn’t, he didn’t know why, but he knew they wouldn’t be able to.

"It isn’t possible… but thank….you… promise me… take care… of her…and….her bab…." Before he could say anything else he felt a wave of blackness come over him. He pushed back it violently so he could save her.

"You know I will…" Max replied quietly as he watched Ray battle to stay awake. He watched in amazement as Ray bent down and opened Alisa’s mouth. Ray then used his nails to make a large gash in his wrist.

"Please… Alisa…drink…..for the baby….please…" Ray whimpered into her hair as he held her close. She was barely alive and Ray knew this was the only way she would live.

Alisa felt the warm blood flow into her mouth and she slowly clamped her mouth down onto the wrist pressed against her mouth. The blood tasted different, but still she savored the taste as she gulped it down her throat.

Max watched Ray collapse as Alisa drank his blood. He couldn’t believe what was happening, but he smiled as he saw the color return to Alisa’s body. She looked positively radiant, but Ray looked like death was not only knocking at his door, but also demanding that he come out. He watched closely as Alisa stopped drinking Ray’s blood.

Alisa looked at the figure pressing his arm against her mouth and instantly knew it was Ray.

"RAY!" she shrieked as his appearance made its way into her mind. She sobbed softly as she watched him fight to breathe.

"Alisa…. finish…for the…baby…." Ray whispered into her ear.

"No…. please…. Ray… wake up baby! What do you mean a baby…you are my baby… you and Kalika! Wake up! Please….." she sobbed as she watched him still fighting to breath. He used his last bit of energy to shove his wrist back at her mouth. When she felt his hot blood run into her mouth she again clamped down onto his wrist greedily. When the blood finally stopped coming she knew he was gone and she collapsed into his arms.

"Ray…please….please baby…wake up…wake up…" Seymour watched Alisa and he wished that he could give his life to Ray, but he couldn’t do anything. For the second time Ray had given his life so that Alisa could live.

"Alisa…" Seymour could barely speak, but he had just remembered that Ray had whispered to her just moments ago that she was pregnant. No one else had heard, but he had. She shouldn’t be on this cold floor.

"Ray…no…. come on wake up…don’t do this again… I need you... I love you… I’m sorry I loved Max too…but I love you baby…you have to wake up…. for me…and Kalika ….please…." Alisa whispered into his ear. No one knew she was pregnant, she didn’t even know until just now, but all she wanted was for Ray to wake up.

Seymour looked at Max for some help, but Max just stared at Alisa and Ray, a single tear running down his cheek. Wait till she finds out about Kalika and Yaksha… she will die… Seymour walked out quietly. He had to get rid of Yaksha and Kalika’s body before Alisa saw them. Finding the matrix still in his hand he aimed it at Yaksha and willed the weapon to work. Yaksha vanished into the morning air. He then turned his bodily slightly and did the same to Kalika. When he walked back into the cave he found Isabel, Tess and Michael huddled in a corner consoling one another. His eyes then wandered over to Alisa. She was still huddling over Ray, and Max was watching her intently. He turned back towards Isabel and her friends.

"Why don’t you go home. I will stay here with Max and Alisa. You are all tired, and you need to sleep." Seymour ordered.

"We can’t leave them alone… they need us right now." Isabel quietly replied.

"No, they need each other. I will make sure they are safe. You can go back to Ray’s house and stay there for the day. It is big enough to accommodate to everyone." Seymour reached into his pants and took out his house key. He handed it to Isabel and then turned and walked towards Max and Alisa. Alisa had stopped crying and lay still. Her head rested on top of Ray’s chest.

"She just fell asleep." Max said quietly. His eyes never left her body.

"We need to get out of her, and we need to get rid of his body." Seymour announced.

"Maybe we should just give her some more time." Max suggested.

"No, she shouldn’t be here anymore." Seymour argued. He needed to get her back home.

Max nodded in agreement even though he wished he could give her more time he wasn’t up to fighting anything right now. Alisa needed him now and he wanted to make sure he was there with her, not fighting over something like this.

Max gently picked Alisa up, her frail body lay limp in his arms. He didn’t want to disturb her so he nodded at Seymour that he would take care of her.

"Bring her home, the others should be there. I will meet you there." Seymour murmured. Max nodded again and then got up slowly in hope that he wouldn’t disturb her rest. As he walked out into the cold morning air he felt her arms wrap around his neck and her hot breath against his neck.

"Ray…" Alisa moaned against Max’s neck and she clung to him.

"Shhh… everything will be ok" Max confided. As he neared the jeep he noticed that Isabel and the others were gone. He carefully sat Alisa down into the passenger seat and buckled her in. He then ran around to the other side and hoped in. As he started the car he heard Alisa moan softly and he quickly tried to ease her pain by cupping her cheek and softly rubbing his thumb over it lovingly.

Max pulled the jeep into Ray’s drive way slowly. It had taken about an hour to get back and Alisa was still sound asleep. He got out quietly and made his way to Alisa’s side. He scooped her up into his arms and made his way to the front door. He didn’t want to wake Alisa so he simple slid his hand over the lock and when he heard the soft clicking of the lock he opened the door. He walked quietly down the halls and into the first door he saw. The room had a bed in one corner and a desk to the far left. Other then the two pieces of furnishing the room was barren. He laid Alisa down on the bed and then sat down himself. His eyes still never left her body. After he had rested for a minute he got up and removed Alisa’s shoes and then his own. He looked over to his right and saw a closet. As he opened it he saw an abundance of small dresses and shirts. Either they were Alisa’s or Kalika’s. He studied the contents of the closet until his eyes came to rest on a blanket. Taking it out and unfolding it Max laid down next to Alisa. His arm moved to her waist and he pulled her in closely. He then placed the blanket over the two of them. His eyes felt heavy, but he knew he had to watch over her and make sure she would be ok. He propped his head up on his free hand and he let his eyes drift over her body. She felt so small and fragile in his arms.

The lights from outside illuminated the dark room. Max had fallen asleep after watching over Alisa for almost two hours. As he retreated into sleep all he could think about was how sad she looked and how much she loved Ray. He didn’t mind though, he just liked seeing her smile as she hugged Ray and Kalika. As Max awoke he felt Alisa begin to stir also. He felt her arm move from under his and then flop over his. A smile broke over his face as he watched her. They had slept through the day and into the night.

When Alisa finally awoke the first thing she felt was strong arms wrapper around her waist, but they didn’t feel the same. She turned her body around and opened her eyes.

Max swallowed as he tried to contain all he was feeling as he looked at Alisa. She was so beautiful to him. God, the thought made his knees weak, and his heart to beat overtime. Alisa was mesmerized by the look in Max’s eyes. As usual, that soulful look drew her in, until she didn't see or hear anything but Max. Alisa held her breath. Max's eyes were so intent.

All Max could think about was kissing Alisa. Loving her until they both passed out from exhaustion. But he stopped himself when he saw the deep circles under her eyes, and remembered all she had been through.

Alisa saw the fire bank in Max's eyes and she looked disappointed. It was still there, but she could see he was holding it at bay. He was worried about her as usual. Alisa smiled and slid her head against Max’s neck.

"Max" she whispered, looking up at him with all the love and passion she was feeling. She wanted him. Max swallowed and gently caressed her tired looking face. Then he took her hand and led her to the bathroom.

"Take a hot bath Alisa, you need to relax" he said softly. He wanted her so much; but he knew that she still needed time.

Alisa sighed but turned to the shower. She could use a nice hot one right now. A feeling of complete hopelessness washed over her as she was making her way into the bathroom. Max was still behind her, watching her every move. When he saw her steps waver he quickly moved up behind her and held her waist to help her regain her balance.

"Max…" Alisa said softly.

"Yes?"

"Will you come with me?" She hadn’t meant to say that, but it was all she could get to come out of her throat.

"Of course." Max choked out.

Max started the water in the bath and waited until it was hot. He filled the tub and then took looked carefully at Alisa. She was shaking slightly and her skin seemed a little pale. He knew she was thinking about Ray. His eyes roamed over her almost naked body. She sat on the counter of the sink, her hair pulled together and over to one shoulder. Her arms and legs were covered in goose bumps from the cold night air. He reached out his hand and she accepted it without hesitation. She scooted off the counter and over to the tub, her hand still in Max’s. He watched her slip out of her panties and bra and slink into the tub.

Max could only stare. His blood was pounding through every once of him. He could hear it in his ears, as if his blood was going to boil over and explode. All he wanted to do was take her right there and then. Her small sexy body was taking quite a toll on him. How was he supposed to hide his hardness with this beautiful goddess in front of him completely naked and in a bathtub?

He crouched down in front of the bathtub. Alisa had her head leaned back with her eyes closed; her long blonde hair swept up on top of her head. She hadn’t moved since she had gotten in.

Alisa's arm was over the side, her fingers dripping water onto the floor. Max ran his hand under hers, letting the water hit his own fingers. He glanced back up at her and let his eyes drift down the rest of her body again. Max's eyes traced every line of her body, taking in everything. She really had changed quite a bit, not that he had ever seen Liz naked. But he knew that she had gone through a lot. Her waist was slimmer, her breast bigger and firmer, and her legs longer and shapelier. Her leg was up out of the water; her thigh exposed a little. Max looked back up at her face. She seemed lost in thought, not even feeling his intensive staring. Max let his eyes drift down her neck and then across her chest. Max looked away quickly, sitting down on the floor, his back against the tub.

"Max…" Alisa murmured, moving her head a little. Max froze and held his breath. When Alisa didn't say anything else, he turned back around and looked at her. She had a smile on her face, her lips wet from where she had licked them. Max nearly groaned and had to use all of his willpower to stop himself from leaning over and kissing her. He reached out and was about to trace her lips with his thumb when he caught himself and pulled it back.

Max sighed and let his eyes travel down her body once more. He stopped on his way up at her neckline.

Max finally gave in and let his hand get closer to her, finally tracing her collarbone with his fingers lightly. Alisa sighed and said his name again, making Max bolder and letting his hand move up her neck. Alisa shifted her head a little, making more contact with his hand. Max moved his hand up even more and cupped the side of her face.

Alisa turned to face, him, her eyes still closed and Max was struck again at how beautiful she was. He concluded that she looked more pretty when her face was pure, with no make-up. Max caressed her cheek with his thumb, taking his other hand and tracing her neckline again. Alisa lit out a little moan and Max choked back one of his own. Alisa then kissed his hand and Max couldn't hold it back this time and let out a little moan.

Max leaned in and found himself staring down at her lips, wanting to kiss her badly. He stopped right in front of her face. He could feel her breath on his lips and he was completely lost. He gently touched his lips to hers and kissed her softly. The kiss was one of hunger, but also need. Need to be close to her again. Alisa wrapped her own arms around Max’s strong broad neck, and just hung on. Returning the passion and need. When they finally break their kiss for the air they so desperately need Alisa looks at Max with a newfound hunger.

"Max," She says in a whisper. "What took you so long?"

He can’t take his eyes off of her as he takes off his shirt, unfastens his jeans and lets them slid to the floor along with his boxers and makes his way over to and into the tub. Max takes Alisa’s place lounging back against the curve of the tub, gently lifts her into position in front of him easing her back into the water where she fits perfectly into his arms and against his chest. He lets his head rest against the bath pillow that Alisa’s head previously rested on, closes his eyes and luxuriates in the only place on earth that comes close to heaven.

Isabel, Tess and Michael look around the dimly lit family room. It is big and homey with two couches and a love seat. A fireplace is right across from the love seat, and beautifully glassed french doors lead out to the back yard. They never knew that Ray could afford all of this. Never once had they seen him working, though they did have to admit that he wouldn’t exactly need it. When they heard Max and Alisa’s voice they hushed until they heard the loud rush of water fill the tub.

"Is he with her?" Tess barked at Isabel and Michael.

"Tess… Alisa has had a really long, hard day. She needs someone there for her right now, and Max is the only person she truly trusts. She has just lost the love of her life…lives, her daughter and her brother." Isabel replied coldly. She didn’t understand how Tess could be jealous right now. What if it had been Max and not Ray who had died to save Alisa?

Tess remained quiet after Isabel spoke. She knew she had nothing to really be jealous of. Alisa loved Ray, she wouldn’t turn around and go do something with Max, or would she?

"Listen, I think we should go home." Isabel exclaimed. "We’ve all had a rough day and night, and I think Max and Alisa need some time alone. I’ll leave a note for them and for Seymour, but I know that I need to get home. My parents are probably freaking out by now. Michael, can you cover for Max?"

"Of course. Tess, do you want to stay at my place for the night?" Michael inquired. Tess nodded. After Isabel wrote a note for Max and Alisa and one for Seymour the three left Ray’s house as quietly as possible.

Max awoke as he felt the cold water from the tub finally soaking into his body and registering. He looked down and saw Alisa curled up against his chest and he smiled softly to himself. This truly was Heaven. He slipped his arms out from around her waist and moved them to her back and knees. Not that he minded being this close to her, but the water was cold and he didn’t want her getting sick. Do vampires get sick? He pushed himself up and got out of the tub. Alisa stirred quietly in his arms but was soon asleep again, her arms once again around. He had heard Isabel talking about leaving so he didn’t mind walking out into the hall completely naked. All that concerned him was Alisa.

Once he had laid Alisa down and put a cover over her he went back into the bathroom and retrieved their clothes. When he came back to the room Alisa was awake and sitting up in the bed. She held the bed covering around her body, but her eyes were still filled with hunger.

"Max…" She said softly. Before she can say anything Max is sitting on the bed next to her.

Max’s hand cups her head entwining his fingers in her silky hair encouraging her to continue the erotic tongue-lashing. She crawls up his body, her tongue never losing contact with his skin as she completes one long lick starting at the center of his chest, over his Adams’ apple, and up and over his chin ending in the welcoming warmth of his mouth. The kiss deepens and her hands move to softly caress his face.

In the very moment that their eyes meet, the love that they feel for each other is made evident by the total glow that their combined bodies produce.

Max rolls her onto her back, his hands sliding over her breast, possessively cupping it’s fullness, then teasing her nipple, grazing it lightly until it stands up smugly against his palm. When he lifts his mouth from hers she instantly feels an aching sense of loss that is quickly replaced by sweet torment as he slides his mouth down her neck to her breasts. He nuzzles them slowly for endless moments before his lips close tightly over one taut nipple then the other. She squirms and moans as he increases the pressure, her fingers entwines in his hair, her back arching in helpless abandon and all the while his hands slide and stroke with masterful reverence over her heated skin making her ache with incomprehensible yearnings.

He kisses her flat stomach, trailing his lips ever lower, his tongue plunging into her navel eliciting a gasp of surprise from her before his hands slide lower, curving around her hips. His lips nuzzle closer to the curly triangle between her legs, savoring every moment while caressing her thighs and buttocks. He leans up and over her again, his mouth claiming hers in another endless, drugging kiss as he draws her tongue into his mouth and his arms encircles her continuing the kiss filled with exquisite promise and wild hunger.

He pulls away from her and she grasps at his shoulders missing their contact,

"Alisa, I didn’t bring any protection."

"Max, I want you so much."

Desperate to sheathe himself in her he lifts her slim hips to receive him. Putting her arms around his shoulders, Alisa braces herself for whatever pain is coming knowing as he tenses that it is going to happen. He was bigger than Ray, not that it mattered, but Ray hadn’t caused her any pain, though she figured that was partially due to the fact that she was still drugged on his blood.

Her body jerks and a sharp gasp escapes her lips but the pain is gone almost as quickly as the sound. Apparently Max’s hands aren’t the only healing appendage on his body. The golden color that once surrounded their combined bodies has changed to light blue in color. Max can’t help but compare it to the color of her eyes.

Max stills for long moments before easing deeper into her tight passage until she is filled with his heat and strength, holding him tightly to her, lost in the sheer beauty of the slow deep strokes he takes. Guided by pure instinct and a wealth of love Alisa willingly molds her hips to his and begins to match his movements, and in doing so drives Max to the brink of release but he is determined to ensure her climax before his own. He begins to quicken his thrusts circling his hips, which she soon mimics clasping his pulsing shaft in her tight warmth. Alisa feels something wild and primitive building inside her, racing through her veins jarring through her body. Her head moves fitfully on the pillow as she waits for it, seeks whatever it is that Max is trying to give her as he drives into her again and again…and then it explodes, making her gasp against his mouth and cry out. Any thoughts of Ray were now completely gone as she connected with Max.

Visions flashed passed the two in a hurry, but they both know what they just saw.

"Max… " Alisa whispered.

"I know…" Max placed a hand over her stomach in confirmation that he had seen exactly what she had seen. He leaned down and kissed her forehead softly before leaning his forehead against hers.

She felt her tears and fought them, suddenly frustrated and feeling ill.

"I’m sorry."

She rolled away from him, slowly pulled on a tee-shirt, stood up and went to the window.

"Alisa?" His voice was soft. She didn’t answer.

She shivered and pulled her arms tighter across her chest. She heard him rise, felt his heat just before their bodies touched. He gently wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and she could feel him, naked and warm, against her. Maybe she was being ridiculous. But she was so scared she was shaking. He picked her up easily, his hands under her hips and legs, and carried her to bed.

"Shhh, it’s okay, Alisa, it’s okay."

She cried until she fell asleep. He watched her, brushing the damp hair from her forehead, then fell asleep with his arms around her.

The next morning when Max awoke he could feel Alisa shivering, it wasn’t cold, she was just afraid. Ray was gone, she was pregnant, Max was the father, Ray had just died, they were only seventeen, Ray would never come back, the others would find out soon too, and Max had a destiny.

He got up slowly hoping that he wouldn’t disturb her much needed rest. Needing to get home Max quickly got dressed and then picked up the phone. He didn’t want to leave Alisa alone so he called the only person he knew he could trust.

"Michael… I need your help."

"Sure, what’s up Max?"

"Can you come over to Alisa’s house. I need you to just watch her for a while. If I don’t go home my parents will start to worry. I just need to get some clothes, but I don’t feel safe leaving Alisa alone right now."

"Of course!" Michael said a little to quickly. "I mean, you know I will help you."

"Thanks. I’ll wait till you get here." Max replied.

He was sitting motionlessly on the edge of the bed, poised with only one foot on the floor, when she stirred under his heated glare. Lazily, she rolled over, and stretched her arms far over her head, convinced it was morning. One eye slit open, and his presence cut her off mid-yawn with a gasp.

"Michael" she gasped her voice still husky from sleep. He scrutinized her, trying to tell if she was blushing.

"Ever have one of those dreams" he drawled lazily, leaning over so that his elbows rested on the mattress. "That you just can't seem to get out of your head?"

She sat very still for a moment, not betraying the chill she suddenly felt all through her. His eyes were both curt and painfully alert; antagonistic and something else she couldn't quite place. The realization hit her from behind, and she didn't quite get it. Michael was looking at her like Max did. Not in a loving way, but one of hunger and lust. She pulled the blanket over her body to cover any exposed skin.

"What are you talking about?" she asked him.

He ignored her. Inching further and further up the coverlet, he was making her nervous.

"I'm had dreams like that" he said conversationally. "The kind that seem to go on... and on.... And on."

Alisa felt a hot, burning path start at her ankles, and make it's slow, searing way up her body with an unhurried glare. Before it hit her knees she felt her blush starting.

"Why did you come here, Michael?" she asked him quietly. He stopped his analysis of her curves, and rolled his head back, contemplatively.

"Alisa." The single syllable, so surreal coming from his mouth that she had to go back for a minute and consider the way it rolled off his tongue like a trifle.

She made eye contact with him, and felt the tension crackling between.

"Is it that banner you wear around yourself?" he asked. "The one that says 'Property of Max Evans: trespassing prohibited by law?'"

Alisa pulled her knees back under the covers, up against her naked body.

"Me and Max…" she said helplessly.

"Right now" he said softly, his voice rasping like sandpaper urgently enough that she cut herself off to listen. "I want you worse than I've ever wanted anything or anybody. I don't stop to think about who has what I want. Especially not when it's right in front of me."

She tried, impossibly, not to react to that, but he never stopped staring her down, and she felt hunted, trapped.

"No…please…" she said softly.

He laughed roughly, as his hand cupped her cheek softly, and it made her feel dirty.

Her dazed non-reaction to that made him lean further. Michael propped his hands on either side of her waist, and hovered over her body until their proximity forced her back against the pillows, her hands useless over her head. He smiled, and in the shadow between them, his eyes looked very dark and ominous.

He took one of his hands and clasped both of her wrists like possessions. The other arm held his entire weight up, so tenuously as he dropped his head, just a bit, so that his face floated above hers and their lashes touched. She didn't dare blink, but turned her chin up.

"Now how did my dream end again?" he wondered, almost rhetorically.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.