FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Stranger"
Part 1e
by Lenore13
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: After Destiny. Tess and Max have just "hooked up." Someone new also falls into the picture of the group of six.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: I never understood why Liz couldn’t have a backbone. She was never once given any strength to give up Max, even though he cheated on her. I’m giving her this strength!
"Max will be staying with Liz, in her room." His voice was cold and with that being said he walked away to check on Liz. Tess could hardly control her anger. She couldn’t understand what Liz had that Max wanted. She turned slowly as she watched Mark leave and entered her room. The room was absolutely beautiful. Why does Liz get all of this? I mean if this is my room, and seeing how her father spoils her I can just bet that her room is a mansion in itself. She has all of this plus Max. Max is supposed to be mine, but he can’t leave Liz. Why?

Max carried Liz downstairs and he immediately knew where the kitchen was. He walked through some double doors and noticed a man sitting at a table reading a book.

"How can I help you?" The man jumped up after he noticed a young man and then Liz.

"Liz needs something to drink."

"Oh, of course. One minute." The cook rushed off and came back within seconds with a big jug and a glass. "Why don’t you just take this with you. She looks famished. Does her father know?"

"Yeah. Thanks." Max took the jug and glass with his free hand. As he exited the doors he saw Mark. He quickly walked over and took the jug and glass from Max.

"Now I will show you to your room."

"What about Liz?"

"I figured you would want to stay with her."

"Thank you." Max smiled mildly as he followed her father.

They went back upstairs and down a few hallways. He suddenly stopped and opened a door for Max.

"This is Liz’s room. I think it will be big enough for the two of you. There are clean clothes in the closets and drawers to the right, for both of you. I am right across the hall, so if you need anything or if something goes wrong, just come and get me." Mark abruptly left Max and Liz to her room after setting the jug and glass down on a near by table. Max looked at her room in astonishment. It was so big. It looked like a small house in itself. He walked over to the bed and laid Liz down. Everything was of the best quality. Silk and velvet everywhere. Jewels were embedded in the headboard of her bed. It looked like something from someone’s fantasy. He propped Liz against the pillows and quickly poured her a glass of the liquid in the jug. He then returned to Liz’s side and pushed the glass to Liz’s mouth. Her eyes fluttered open lightly and she took the glass into her hand. And began to drink hungrily. He eyed her suspiciously as she finished off the glass quickly. Maybe there was a big difference between human and alien blood.

"No Max, its goat blood." She looked over at him and grinned.

"And when did you learn to read my thoughts?"

"I’ve always been able to." Liz teased.

"Then what am I thinking about now?" Max grinned back at her, his eyes filled with passion.

"Why don’t I show you?" Liz got up slowly and pulled him close to her and kissed his lips softly. Without a word Max took his hand from Liz's back, and gently slid his hand into her soft silky hair and cupped her cheek. Before he could kiss her back she pulled away.

"What’s wrong?"

"Nothing… I’m just tired." Max could sense the concern and fear in Liz’s voice, but he wasn’t willing to fight her to find out what it was.

"Let’s just get some rest. Ok?" Max nodded and laid down pulling Liz into his arms. Shortly after they both fell sleep Liz still held in Max’s arms.

"JOHANNA!" Liz bolted out of bed as fear over rode her senses and before she knew what was happening she found herself looking around the room frantically.

"Liz! What’s wrong?" Max got up slowly as he watched Liz pace back and forth.

"I have to go. Johanna is in trouble. I have to go Max. You stay here and I’ll be back later. Don’t tell my dad, I’ll be back soon." And before Max could protest Liz was gone. He ran out of the room trying to follow her, but she was long gone. When he reached the downstairs he noticed that the door was open. He quickly ran outside only to watch Liz speeding off in what looked like a brand new red Mazda Miata. He ran back inside to wake up Isabel, Michael and Tess, but then remembered Liz’s words. He knew had to keep this a secret. He just hoped that Liz would be safe.

Liz sped down the street in the Miata. Her hair blew into her face and she could feel the morning air seeping into her. She breathed in slowly, but in her heart she knew she had to get to her sister. Something was wrong. Someone was hurting her and until she got to her they would continue to do so. As she neared an intersection she slowed down slightly, but instinct told her to go towards the airport. After about an hour or so she reached the airport. She ran through the terminals until she found herself in front of Gate 9. People were just beginning to unload. She searched through the crowd, she could distinctly sense her sister was coming, and someone else was with her. Liz’s face froze when she saw Andrew walking Johanna out of the gate. Her heart sank as she saw the despair on Johanna’s face and the smile on Andrew’s. He walked towards Liz and embraced her.

"If you know what is good for your sister you’ll act normal." He kissed her lips softly and before Liz could pull away she felt his arms squeeze her near him. And then she pulled closer tightening their hold. Everything felt right in his arms. Wait, what was she talking about, she belonged in Max’s arms. Andrew continued to kiss her passionately. Johanna’s could feel her heart sink as she watched Andrew and Liz. He was her first and only love, but he rejected her because he thought Liz was his destiny. Her stomach began to tie in knots as she saw the Liz was actually kissing him back. When the two finally pulled apart they stared into each other’s eyes.

"Andrew, please, don’t do this to Liz. She and Max are meant to be with each other. You have to let things work themselves out. Please, just let things work themselves out, and then I promise that you will find your real love. Please." Johanna was close to collapsing as her love and sister continued to stare into each other’s eyes as if they were the only two alive. Andrew looked over anxiously at Johanna and then took Liz’s hand. He forced Johanna to walk along side him with a sharp glare. She knew he would hurt Liz if she tried anything so she just followed.

"Where are we going to go?"

"I’m going to drop you and Liz off at your house and then later tonight I will come pick Liz up. I want you to bring a change of clothes; we are going on vacation for a few days. I think Liz and I need some time alone." Liz smiled at his words even though her heart was screaming at her to say no and run to Max, but her mind told her differently. She knew Johanna was being held as a ransom, but still Andrew felt like home to her. His smell enclosed around her and his hand fit perfectly with hers, but then the answer dawned on her. He was her destiny three lifetimes ago when she first died. Had she not died he would have been her destiny. Max was supposed to be her destiny before she had been shot. She felt a sharp pain in her heart as she felt for the first time the truth. Max and Andrew were not her destiny anymore, they were past destinies. But who would be her new one? Johanna read her mind the whole way through and leaned in and whispered softly into her ear.

"Ben." Liz stared at Johanna and then Andrew.

"Andrew, can I talk to my sister for a minute? I want to ask her something. Please." He stared at her in disbelief, but when she kissed him softly he felt he could trust her.

"Yes."

"Liz, I’m sorry that you have to go through this, but Ben is your destiny now. But there is more. When you were seven you conjured up this wish, a wish for a man to love you unconditionally, he would have brown hair and brown eyes and lastly, you wished for him to be ‘exotic’, I guess the word is. You wished for Max, and he wished for you." Johanna was about to break down in tears as she watched Liz’s face and how it became completely unreadable. "That is why I came to Roswell, I had to set things right with you and Max. You have to go back to him, tell him that you love him and never get near Andrew or Ben. They love you more then this world, but Max, well, his love goes beyond anything. I know you think this whole destiny thing should be the right way, but I’m telling you, Max is right for you. My mother told me everything before I left her. She knew you were going to get shot and that Max would save you. She knew everything. Please Liz, leave them and go back to Max."

"I can’t. He has Tess, he needs to be with her, and I am supposed to be with Ben." Liz was near hysteria at this time. "I came here because I felt you Johanna. I didn’t want to see Andrew, I sensed you. Now come on, we have to get away for awhile."

"Ok. Follow me. I know my way around here like no other place." Liz followed Johanna through different halls and doorways. When they turned one more corner Liz could see the exit sign. They started to quicken their pace, and as soon as they made it outside Liz grabbed Johanna’s hand and led her to her car. The two hoped in and sped off hoping that no one would be able to follow them.

Max was waiting patiently in the dinning room for Liz. He figured she would show up pretty soon and that this is where she would go first.

"She won’t be back anytime soon." Max jumped at the sudden intrusion.

"What?" Max turned around to face Mark.

"She won’t be back for quite awhile. She went to go help her sister out, so you may want to go be with your friends. When you are ready to start your training you know where to find me."

"When will Liz get back?"

"Not for a few weeks." Mark turned a left without letting Max say another word. He couldn’t tell Max that his daughter was destined to be with someone else. But he also couldn’t let his daughter be with someone who would try to use her just to beat the enemy. He didn’t understand why destiny had placed Liz with Ben, but he did know there was only one way to fix everything, and he wasn’t sure Max would be willing to do it.

Liz raced the Miata down the coast of England while Johanna just looked surprised. Surprised that Liz was so impulsive. Surprised that Liz could give Andrew up like that. Surprised that Liz could drive this way. It was almost scary. Everything just flashed by, and nothing made sense. Liz looked over towards Johanna and smiled, a small hint of fun was creeping into the two of them.

"Hey, you wanna have some fun?" Johanna asked.

"Sure. What do you have in mind?"

"I don’t know, we just need to get away from everything I think. You know, like guys, friends, our past, destinies, and the likes."

"That sounds good." Liz pushed her foot a little harder on the gas and the car jumped forward as the two girls laughed.

For the next two months Liz and Johanna raced around England just doing whatever they wanted. They would stay out all night at clubs partying with famous stars and when they left they would just sit and talk. Their father wired them money without any questions. The two girls became reacquainted and once again felt the closeness they had felt when they first met.

"Johanna, can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Do you love Andrew?"

"I did. I loved him more then the moon and stars. I would do anything for him. Why?"

"I was just wondering." Liz couldn’t help thinking about the way Johanna had stared at Andrew when he had kissed her. She would have done the same had Johanna kissed Max… or Ben.

"Max loves you…you know that right?"

"I hate it when you read my thoughts."

"You love it. And might I remind you had I not read your thoughts a certain very famous star would be very much dead right now."

"Well, when you meet the heartthrob you have worshipped from afar then I think you would use your ‘powers’ of irresistibility to make him want to fuck you too."

"Liz, you weren’t going to fuck him, you were going to kill him. You can’t get near humans anymore honey, and well, to tell you the truth, you’re ruined!"

"What do you mean?"

"Max, duh. Read your thoughts as you were kissing that guy. You were comparing his kiss to Max’s. Maybe I should try kissing Max!" The two laughed softly.

"Well, I guess you’re right. Hey I never did ask, but what did you tell Maria or Alex or anyone?"

"We shouldn’t talk about this right now." Johanna turned her face away from Liz and looked out the window.

"Johanna, what did you do?" Liz’s voice became impatient.

"I had to do it. Otherwise they would be in danger."

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"I replaced their memories. The whole town’s… Roswell doesn’t even know you are alive. You’re fake parents still own the Crashdown, but they have no child. Alex and Maria are best friends still, but don’t remember ever meeting you or Michael, Isabel, Max and Tess. No one knows anything about you, Michael, Max, Isabel or Tess, except Ben. All he knows is that soon you are his destiny, but he doesn’t know where you are."

"How could you? You had no right! Does Max or anyone else know?"

"I had to, our father ordered me too. And no, but when he agreed to help you he was also silently agreeing to erase his past." Johanna looked over at Liz, she could see the anger in Liz’s eyes. "We will go to school here with Max and everyone else and graduate. That’s all that matters is that you are here with Max."

"Maria was my best friend, so was Alex. I know I didn’t treat them that well in the last few months, but they deserve to know the truth." "If they knew Ben would have taken them and killed them, or worse."

"What could be worse then killing them? And you are going to explain all of this to Max and everyone."

"He would have transformed them, but they wouldn’t be like us, they would be evil. They would come back as something completely different." Liz looked over at her sister and then back to the road. She knew now that they had better return home and work things out with everyone.

"Max, you have to concentrate. Now try again." Max concentrate on blasting the rock up, but his thoughts kept moving back to Liz. She had been gone for two months now and he hadn’t heard a word from her. All her father would say was that she would return when the time was right. Something inside him told him today was right, but he didn’t want to get his hopes up. As he thought about Liz’s return he suddenly felt a sudden energy go through him and the next thing he knew the rock had exploded.

"Very good." Mark eyed Max carefully. He knew that the only reason Max had been able to do it was because he was thinking about Liz. He wasn’t sure how anyone could love anyone that much, but somehow Max’s love transformed over to a huge amount of energy. He knew he would have to get Liz to see that Tess and Max weren’t meant to be together and that Ben wasn’t her new destiny. He watched Tess shrewdly and she kept on eye on Max. She had been pestering him this whole time about their destiny. He knew Max though, and Max was not budging on his feelings towards Tess. They were partners, family members, but not lovers. Michael and Isabel were the same way. He also saw that Michael and Isabel missed Alex and Maria. How could he tell them that Maria and Alex didn’t even remember them anymore?

Liz and Johanna pulled up to the gates of their house and said hello to the guard. He eyed the car suspiciously at first, but as soon as he had recognized Liz he smiled and said hello and then waved them through. Liz could feel her heart beating fast as she got closer and closer to home. What was she going to say? What could she say? The last time she had seen Max was when they had first come out here almost two months ago. She had run away from him four times so far. First destiny, then her past, next was Ben and now it was her sister. She knew something was keeping her away, but something even stronger was bringing her back. She slowed the car down and looked at Johanna.

"You can do it." Was all that Johanna could say before getting out and heading into the house. Liz decided she needed to think some more so she just sat in the car looking at the house, the door open wide and inviting her in. She could smell Max, god he smelled good. Like he was home to her.

"Thank you." Max jumped at the sound of Johanna’s voice. He turned around quickly as he shut the door of the fridge shut. He had a sandwich in one hand and a bottle of tobassco sauce in his other hand.

"For what?"

"For bring my sister back."

"Oh, well… you’re welcome then… I guess." Max smiled, but deep down in his heart he could feel his heart breaking. Where was Liz?

"Liz will be in soon. What’s with the tobassco sauce?"

"I don’t know. We like things extremely sweet and spicy. I mean, it’s like asking what with the blood." Max wondered if vampires had any quarky eating habits like theirs.

"I guess that’s true. Burnt M & M’s."

"What?"

"You were wondering what sort of weird eating habits we had. Well, I can’t stand anything without burnt M & M’s on it, food wise. As for blood, well, anything is ok, except alien blood, as I have found." Max laughed at this. His heart was still pounding, but he liked being able to talk to someone besides Tess, Isabel or Michael. All he wanted now though was to see Liz.

"She just needs to think, she has a lot on her mind right now. Um, Max, do you think I could talk to you, Isabel, Michael and Tess later tonight? I need to tell you guys something."

"I’m going to have to get used to people being able to read my mind. And yeah, of course, but is something wrong?"

"Sort of, but its nothing to serious. And give Liz some time; don’t pressure too much out of her right now. She has a lot weighing down on her shoulders."

"I would never pressure Liz. I just want to be here for her."

Liz stepped out of the car and walked towards the door. It was still open. She listened for anyone’s voice and immediately heard Johanna and Max talking. Great, here comes something more to add to my problems. How will Max react when he finds out that no one will ever know him back in Roswell? Liz tiptoed through the house until she made it to her father’s room. She knocked on his door and then opened it.

"Dad, can we talk?"

"Baby! You’re back! Of course we can pumpkin." Liz walked in and sat down across from him on his bed.

"Why did you let Johanna do what she did to my friends? We didn’t give them any choice. Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess are stuck here now and Maria and Alex will never remember all the great times we shared."

"It had to be done, but one day everything will be ok. Don’t worry about that. How was your trip?"

"Ok, I had fun. I think I needed the time away, and I liked being able to just stick around with Johanna. I also just got to act like a normal… well twenty-one year old, even though I’m only seventeen."

"I figured it would be good for you. Though I am glad Johanna was there to restrain you from going overboard with whomever that man was. I wasn’t sure how you would react to everything and then have to come back and immediately start training." Liz giggled at the mention of her fun times with a certain star that she had taken a liking to.

"His name is Johnny Depp, and he is just so dreamy! I didn’t mean to get carried away, but oh god, he was hot, and I needed the time to think. I mean I’ve had a crush on him since I was like three! Anyway, it gave me time to think about Ben, Andrew and Max." Liz giggled once again as she thought about Johnny. "Why do I need to train again? I already trained with you for like seven months with Johanna."

"Well, I have been working with Michael and Max a lot, and Isabel and Tess, well, I’ve worked a little bit with them. Tess is very untrusting, which I understand. But I think that if the six of you combined your powers you could win any battle. And as for this man, Johnny, I think you just wanted to use your powers to gain something, though I think he wouldn’t be able to resist you anyway."

"I don’t think Max will want to fight with me and Johanna though."

"He still loves you. He will never love Tess."

"But I am destined to be with Ben now, so unless I can turn back the clock to the shooting and tell him he didn’t have to save me cause I would have lived then I would, but there is no possible way."

"There is a way that you and Max could once again be with each other, but let’s not talk about that right now."

"Thanks dad." Liz hugs her father and then leaves. She turns around and enters her room. She doesn’t expect that Max has stayed there the whole time, but as soon as she sees some of his belongings she smiles knowing he has stayed, but who wouldn’t, her room is like a house in itself. She looked over at the bed and then over to her desk. She notices her journal and runs over to it. She begins to sob as she thumbs though it and the memories come flooding through her. Her sobs continue until she feels a pair of strong arms draw her into an embrace and hold her close. She knows it is Max, but she doesn’t want to look into his eyes, not yet. Everything would be given away.

Part 0 | Index | Part 1f
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.