FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 38
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Jordan watched with narrowed eyes as Cassie and Nasedo made their agreement. He felt Cassie's fear and revulsion and was so proud of her. He was very proud of all of these kids.

Nasedo turned from Cassie to look at Jordan. "All right. I'll leave with Cassie. And I'll leave everyone else unharmed." He answered in a hard voice.

Jordan knew Cassie was making this sacrifice to save everyone, and so he nodded to help get Nasedo away from harming all the rest of them.

"Jordan! NO! You can't let her go!" Kyle shouted, bumping into the light field in frustration, his eyes burning with anger and frustration. Max, Liz and Maria all met Jordan's eyes as Nasedo and Cassie walked past them and down the stairs behind them.

Jordan held up his hand for them to hold back and let Cassie go. He met Max's confused eyes with his own quiet ones.

Liz and Maria looked at one another and then Liz swallowed as Cassie disappeared down the stairs. "Jordan?" she whispered. She trusted him completely, but still...the look on Cassie's face had torn at Liz.

Jordan waited a few minutes until he knew the two were out of the building, and then he turned to the other 5 behind the light field down the hall. He waved it away.

Kyle came running down the hall, but was stopped by Jordan's hand on his shoulder. Kyle tried to shrug it off and continue, but he couldn't. He was frozen in place. He turned to Jordan with pain and anger on his face. "How could you let him take her?! You might be willing to let her go but there's no way in hell I'm going to!" he swore, pleading with Jordan to release him.

Jordan looked at Kyle and saw and felt the boy's frustration and rage. "Kyle." He said softly, getting Kyle's attention with his tone. "Cassie isn't going anywhere. I just let them leave the building. Now I will let you go if you promise to stay behind me and not do anything foolish. Will you trust me?" Jordan asked, meeting the boy's eyes intently, waiting for Kyle to decide.

Kyle looked deep into Jordan's eyes, and something he saw in there calmed him. He knew Jordan wouldn't let Cassie leave with Nasedo. He nodded finally, knowing it was going to kill him to hold back, but whatever would bring Cassie back to him safely was all he wanted.

Jordan sighed and lowered his hand from Kyle's shoulder. Kyle was instantly able to move his feet.

Jordan than looked at the group of anxious faces waiting for his next move. "I want all of you to follow behind me, but stay out of sight." He told them and when they all nodded, he met the sheriff's eyes. He knew the sheriff wanted answers. "Later sheriff I will give you your answers." And when the sheriff nodded, Jordan turned and headed down the same stairs that Nasedo and Cassie had taken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie slid into the seat next to Nasedo and took deep breaths. She was scared, but more that Nasedo would change his mind and go back after the others than she was for herself. She waited for him to turn the key and get them out of here.

But the car wouldn't turn over. Nasedo narrowed his eyes, looked up at the building knowing who was responsible, and got out and went to the hood of the car to fix the problem.

Cassie waited in the silent car; the only sounds were her pounding heartbeat, and the deep breaths she was taking to keep calm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasedo ran his hand over the front of the car, lowered the hood and then turned around when he felt Jordan's presence. "I knew you'd come to see us off." Nasedo said in a hard humorous voice.

"You can not take the girl Nasedo. She is an innocent. If she goes with you she will be hunted like you will be, and when you turn your hate and violence on your next victim, Cassie will pay for it just like your son did. Do you want to destroy her as well?" he said softly.

Nasedo's face smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "I won't make the same mistakes I made with Paulie. I was still being held by the government and couldn't properly train Paulie. He made careless mistakes because I wasn't there to help him. But with Cassie, I will be there. With our combined power and my training of her on how to use it, we will be unstoppable." He said ferociously.

"Do you want your daughter for her powers or herself? I think you don't care about Cassie as your daughter. If I thought for a second that you had any compassion or decency left in your body, I would consider letting Cassie decide. But I will not let you try to turn that girl into a killer. And I don't think you will be able to. Paulie grew up with only your influence, Nasedo. Cassie's lived a different life. A life in which she was raised by the humans and even believed she was one, all these years. You won't be able to turn her. Then what do you plan to do, kill her yourself? Do you really want it to come down to that? After all that has happened to you do you really want the government to win completely by getting rid of you and all of your children?" Jordan asked hoarsely. He had to get through to whatever was left of the old friend he'd once had.

Nasedo looked into the vehicle at the wide frightened eyes of his child and saw, very clearly and distinctly, for one second, his wife sitting there instead. He blinked and saw his daughter again. She did look so much like her mother with her dark red hair, light skin and tiny freckles whispering across her nose. He saw it in her eyes. He would not be able to turn her. He swore and walked to the car and opened the door and got into it. Then he turned to his daughter who sat staring at him waiting for his next move. He knew she was terrified of what he had become, but that she would go with him to protect the others. She didn't have one evil bone in her body. No hate for anyone. He would only destroy her if he took her with him. And she was all he had left of her mother.

He swallowed and turned his cold eyes upon her. "GET OUT." He said tightly and gripped the steering wheel.

"Will you kill my friends?" Cassie still confronted him.

Nasedo shook his head. He would leave her and her friends alone. There were many others he needed to destroy first any ways. He could spare these few useless ones, for her. For his beautiful daughter who looked so much like her mother looked when he'd first met her all those years ago when life had been good and decent. He gripped the steering wheel harder, knowing he could never be that person again. They had destroyed any good that was left in him and he was going to pay them back for what they did to him and to his wife and the others that they'd taken from the crash that night.

"No. Now go, get out of here!" he said between gritted teeth and waited.

Cassie didn't question it. She leaped out of the car and started to close the door. Then she hesitated for a second and looked back into the car. "Thank you." She whispered before closing the door and watching her father drive away.

She met Jordan's eyes from across the space where the car had been and her eyes filled with the tears she had been holding back.

Then Jordan held out his arms and she was safely locked inside the big man's warm hold. Jordan felt more like a father to her than Nasedo or her stepfather ever could.

"Cassie!" she heard Kyle's hoarse voice, and turned and saw the whole group coming out of the building toward them.

Kyle was the first one to her, and he grabbed her and held her close. He kissed her head and then her forehead and then her nose and finally down to her trembling mouth. "Don't you EVER do a stupid thing like that again!" he shouted in fear, and kissed her again, this time deeply.

Cassie sobbed into his mouth and clung to him. He felt so good and safe and real.

Jordan stood back and watched as the teens all hugged each other in relief that they were all okay again, and he met the sheriff's eyes as the sheriff came up to him. "You were all in the crash?" Sheriff Valenti asked, still trying to absorb all he had seen tonight.

"No. My sister, her husband and her three children were. As well as Nasedo, his wife and his children Paulie and Cassie," Jordan explained.

"Then you--?"

"We were in another spacecraft. We all left our planet because it was dying. We did not come to this earth to do you humans any harm, despite what your government believes. We are not a violent race. We came here to escape certain death from our planet, and came to a planet not that unlike our own, or so we thought."

"There are more of you?" Valenti asked taking in all that the big man had said.

"Yes. We are peaceful and have learned to adapt into your world. We are only a hand full in the vast majority of humans, but we are among you."

Valenti took a deep breath, met Jordan's eyes and nodded. Then he looked toward Max, Michael and Isabel, then back to Jordan. "Your sister's children?" he asked.

Jordan nodded. "They are good kids. They would never harm anyone. They are more human than Teronian because of the way they were raised."

Valenti turned to look at the group of kids then turned back to Jordan and swallowed a lump in his throat. "I think they are more human than a lot of the people I know." He said quietly. "Why did you let the killer go? The one you call Nasedo." The sheriff finally asked. That was the only thing that didn't sit well with him.

Jordan looked off into the night in the direction Nasedo had gone. "It is not over for us. But it was not the time right now. The children's safety was more important. But the time will come," Jordan said as he squinted into the night.

Part 37 | Index | Part 39
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.