FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 1
by Linda
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em, just borrowing 'em. I'll return' em the way I found 'em.
Summary: This sequel deals with issues the six were left with right after my other story ended. What ‘other’ symptoms might Liz develop carrying Max’s child? What happens when Kyle and Maria commiserate about their parents’ dating? What happens if Kyle finds out about the alien trio? And, what about the other alien pods from the same crash as the trio? Can there be more alien shape shifters out there?
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: If you haven’t read my previous story, “Us Six Against the World”, it is recommended before reading this one. This story begins the day after my other story ended.
Sense of Completion -Part 1 (Sequel to “Us Six Against the World”) Author: Linda

E-Mail: Rating: PG-13 for now (for content) Category: Max & Liz, Maria & Michael, Isabel & Alex, Kyle & Cassie (She’s mine) Disclaimer: ******
I Knew I Loved You
By Savage Garden

Maybe It’s Intuition
But something’s you just don’t question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I’ve found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

CHORUS: I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life.

There’s just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I’m searching for
I think I’ve found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe
:: CHORUS::

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I’ve found you

::CHORUS::

**********************

Liz hurried up the steps of the high school anxious to see Max. It was still fairly early, school wouldn’t start for another half hour, but she and Max wanted to see each other. They had all returned from Jordan’s ranch yesterday, and their parents had pulled them all apart immediately and none of them had seen each other since.

Liz knew Max was frustrated. He had called her late last night to tell her he and Isabel were still talking with their parents, and probably would be for a while. The Evans were letting them know how unhappy they were that Max and Isabel hadn’t come to them instead of running from the law. Liz had told him that her parents weren’t too happy either, and were not letting her out of their site that night as well.

She knew that Maria and Alex had also been ‘spoken’ to for up and leaving without telling their parents. She had heard from both of them last night too.

She yawned as she remembered how late it was before she had finished talking with her parents, and then even later after she had talked with both Maria and Alex, and then of course, Max.

She rounded a corner in the hall and crashed into someone. She started to bounce off of the larger form, and fall back, but strong arms caught her.

She looked up startled to see Kyle frowning.

“You okay? Sorry about that.” He apologized and let her go.

“It’s my fault, I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry.” She smiled.

“So how are you doing? Heard you got back yesterday from Albuquerque. Did your parents give you heck?” he asked with a small smile, teasing her.

Liz laughed and rolled her eyes. “Understatement. I thought they were going to ground me for months! But they just said they were disappointed in me and had expected better. Which is worse actually, than getting punished. You know, the whole guilt thing.” She added.

Kyle nodded and shifted his gym bag. “Yeah, that sucks.” He grinned. “But you are okay? I mean, after the kidnapping and all.” Liz put her hand on Kyle’s arm, her eyes smiling up at him warmly. “Yes, I’m fine. I honestly don’t know what Maria and I would have done if you hadn’t come in when you had, and wrestled with Tommy like that. Thank you again Kyle.”

Kyle looked down, embarrassed with the praise; he had not been fishing for that. “Yeah, well, I’m just sorry I didn’t realize sooner what was going on with him. I mean, he was supposed to be one of my best buddies.” He frowned.

“Are you okay Kyle? I mean Paulie was your friend. And to know that he had something to do with Vicki and the others…. How is she by the way?” Liz asked tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and shifting her backpack.

“Oh, well that’s where I’m heading. I came in early for a practice, but my dad just called and said that the hospital called saying Vicki just woke up. They say she’s going to be okay.” Kyle smiled, looking relieved.

Liz smiled brightly up at him. “I’m so glad Kyle! I knew she would.”

“Yeah, thanks, I’d better go see her. See you later Liz, and welcome back.” He smiled and continued down the hall toward the entrance of the school.

Liz turned back around and headed for her locker, hurrying again, to see Max.

When she rounded the next corner and saw him leaning against her locker, with his own backpack slung over his shoulder, she stopped in mid step. Just the site of Max always left her breathless. She couldn’t believe how lucky she was that he had always loved her.

Max saw Liz and straightened up, their eyes locked and connected. Then Max walked toward her.

Liz smiled when Max approached, but before she could say anything, Max took her in his arms and his mouth closed over hers. The kiss was one of hunger, but also need. Need to be close to her again. Liz wrapped her own arms around Max’s strong broad neck, and just hung on. Returning the passion and need.

When Max finally lifted his head, he slid one hand between them and gently placed his hand over her lower abdomen. “How’s the little one?” he whispered.

Liz smiled, loving how gentle and caring Max always was. “Fine. Just missing you, like I was.” Liz answered softly, looking up into Max’s warm twinkling eyes, with her own bright ones.

“And thank you.” She said kissing Max on the jaw making him smile. He looked down at her.

“For anything in particular?” he teased. “Hmm… I just bumped into Kyle and he told me he was heading to the hospital. Vicki woke up all of a sudden.” Liz said and cupped his jaw in her hand and caressed his face.

“I’m glad.” Max smiled back at her.

“No one saw you did they?” Liz asked with concern.

Max shook his head and then looked past her at the figure approaching them.

“Oh my God! You guys are not going to believe this!” Maria exclaimed as she approached them.

The halls were starting to fill up, and so the three of them moved over to Liz’s locker to get out of the way.

“What’s up Maria? You okay?” Liz frowned. Maria really looked distraught.

Maria huffed, then shifted her weight to her other foot, and put a hand on her hip.

“Guess who I found with my mom in the kitchen this morning? He came over for an early breakfast before work!” she almost shrieked.

“Maria, who?” Liz asked, knowing whoever it was had really upset Maria.

Maria calmed a little, looked between Max and Liz and then leaned in closer. “Sheriff Valenti!!!” she exclaimed in a loud whisper. “Oh my God! My mom is seeing the Sheriff!” Maria said again, still in shock.

Max raised an eyebrow and Liz swallowed. “Are you sure Maria? Maybe it was business?” Liz said and exchanged worried glances with Max.

“No. My mom introduced me to JIM. Like I didn’t know him! ‘Oh honey, you know Jim don’t you?’” Maria mimicked and started pacing nervously.

“Maria sniff some cedar oil and try to calm down.” Liz said softly, and held Maria still to look into her eyes and calm her.

Maria took some deep breaths. “You’re right. Of course, I need to calm down. Oh God, why is this happening to me?” she started again.

When a pair of arms wrapped themselves around Maria from behind, she automatically calmed.

“Morning.” Michael looked around, and then looked down at Maria and smiling, he kissed her, not giving her a chance to answer.

Isabel and Alex came upon the scene just then and Alex rolled his eyes. “What again? Can’t they stay apart for a second?”

Isabel laughed and had her arm intertwined with Alex’s. She looked happy.

Maria raised an eyebrow at Alex when she and Michael came up for air. “You got a problem with that Whitman?” she teased with a twinkle in her eye that matched Alex’s.

“Who me? No problem.” He grinned back at her.

“How are you feeling Liz?” Isabel asked looking over at where Liz was leaning back against Max while his arms were contently around her, listening to the banter around them.

Liz smiled brightly. “I’m great Isabel. Thanks.”

“Anymore unusual symptoms?” Isabel continued. “Remember Jordan said you could expect some.”

Liz nodded. “Yeah, but so far nothing new.”

“But we’re still going to have to share our Tabasco Sauce, huh?” Michael teased.

Maria laughed and then became serious again. “Okay you guys, we’ve got a problem. You gotta help me, what are we going to do about my mother dating the sheriff!?” she asked, starting to get panicky again.

Michael’s arms tightened around her. “What?” he asked in surprise.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.