FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Sense of Completion"
Part 10
by Linda
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
“Hey Tina!” another cheerleader caught up with her in the halls later on Wednesday. “Did you hear what happened earlier in the eraser room?”

Tina paused. She was usually up to date on all the gossip, but she had missed this one. Her friend was dying to share the juicy gossip, so she smiled and shook her head.

“Max Evans and Liz Parker were caught by the principal making out in the eraser room!” Barbie exclaimed with excitement.

Tina narrowed her eyes. Barbie knew she was planning on Max Evans being her next conquest. “So. Everyone has gotten caught at one time or another.” She shrugged.

“Uh huh, but Max was caught practically with his pants down!” The girl couldn’t wait to share all the details.

Tina’s face turned red, but then she calmed down. “Well, that just shows you how desperate little Miss Parker must be. She never let Kyle take her there. Wow, she must feel she needs to go to desperate measures to keep him.” Tina smirked, quite content now. “She’s probably feeling his disinterest already. And what guy, especially an all man like Max Evans, wouldn’t take a girl up on it if she threw herself at him.” She finished.

Barbie rolled her eyes at Tina’s blatant denial of the fact that Max Evans and Liz Parker were a hot item. She couldn’t wait to see Tina rejected for a change.

“As a matter of fact…” Tina continued, thinking. “I have an excellent idea on how to break those two up for good. Doesn’t look like it would take much though. Want to help me with this plan?” she asked her friend slyly.

Barbie’s eyes widened with pleasure. She loved being in on a good plan and if it worked, then when Tina was done with Max, she could have him. “What have you got in mind?” *****************

Liz walked down the hall to her last class. She was not looking forward to the end of the day. First she and Max had detention with the principal, and then they would have to go home and face their parents. Liz sighed. She didn’t know what to tell her parents. She couldn’t tell them the truth, and yet, she couldn’t completely lie. But if it meant being able to continue to see Max, she would tell them whatever they needed to hear. She just wasn’t happy about it.

As she passed by the cafeteria the smell of fried fish came wafting out. Liz suddenly turned pale and looking around, she saw the nearest bathroom and ran for it.

When she came back out with a wet paper towel now on her forehead, she bumped into someone leaning against the wall right outside the bathroom.

Strong arms steadied her and she looked up. “Hey Michael.” Liz smiled.

Michael looked down at her intently. “You okay?” he asked.

Liz sighed. She was not going to be able to take it if she was asked that again. “Yes. I’m fine.” She said as calmly as she could.

Michael nodded and realized Liz didn’t want to be constantly asked that. “Okay. I just want you to know, that if you ever need anything, you know, and Max isn’t around, I’m here, okay?”

Liz knew they had all gotten closer, but it still surprised her. For Michael to actually come out and say something that nice. “Okay.” She smiled and nodded. “Good.” Michael said and pushed his hands into his pockets. “Morning sickness?” he couldn’t help but ask.

Liz laughed. She couldn’t stop them from completely asking after her. “Yeah. I guess. I mean, I just passed the cafeteria and that was it.”

Michael shuddered in exaggeration. “Well, that would make anyone sick.” He teased and winked at her as he headed to his own class.

******************

Maria looked at the clock at work and wondered how much longer Liz was going to be stuck upstairs talking with her parents. It was after six and Maria was just glad that the dinner hour wasn’t too bad tonight. She brought another order over to a booth and then saw Kyle and Cassie come in and sit at a table so they could sit near each other. Maria thought they looked cute together.

“Hey guys, what can I get you?” Maria smiled as she came over to them with her pad out.

“Hey Maria. We’ll have one ice cream sundae and I’ll have a chocolate malt and some fries.” Kyle grinned at Cassie when she nodded.

“You got it, coming right up.” She said and headed away.

Maria hustled around for the few minutes, wondering what was happening with Liz and her parents.

But when she turned around with the order for Kyle and Cassie she sucked in her breath and froze. Her mom and Jim Valenti were just coming through the door laughing.

****************

“So you agree that you should just take your time with your relationship with Max?” Liz’s mom asked her.

Liz was seated on the couch with her hands under her, looking trapped. She couldn’t tell them that it was too late to take their time.

“We don’t want to forbid you to see Max. We know that would just make it worse, but just know that you are young and you and Max have plenty of time to grow up. So take things slower. You know all the problems with sex these days don’t you?” her father asked.

Liz rolled her eyes and swallowed. “Yes, please…” she started to change the subject.

“Liz, honey, it’s not just teen pregnancy alone that’s the issue these days. There are so many diseases out there. Everyone has to be so much more careful now, which isn’t a bad thing.” Her mother smiled a little to lighten the tension in the room.

This wasn’t easy for her or her husband either Mrs. Parker thought. They had never had to have this talk before. Liz had never given them any reason to worry about her this way in the past, so this was difficult for all of them. They realized that they were actually luckier than most not to have had to face this until now, but it still wasn’t easy .

“And we don’t want to worry about your getting pregnant either.” Her father added, so that his daughter wouldn’t think that that wasn’t why they were talking to her.

Liz turned red and just wanted to bolt. Oh God! She thought. I hate this. I hate having to lie. But I can’t NOT lie. There is too much at stake. She couldn’t tell them she was already pregnant, because she wouldn’t have the baby for another year and ½. So she had to keep quite.

“Sex is such a big step. It changes your whole life. It’s a lot of responsibility, and you don’t want to have people believing that you are too loose. It’s a small town Liz, and we just don’t want to see you end up pregnant and without a father for the baby like the Tores girl did last year. Remember hon? She couldn’t graduate high school with her class and the father of the baby left town.” Her mother reminded her.

Liz, still red in the face, looked up at them at that. “Max would never leave me.” She could finally speak the truth.

“We’re not saying he would Liz. Just that it’s… there’s a lot to consider before you take that big step. Everyone thinks their fist love will be their only love, but you have time. Don’t rush into the intimate side too fast.” Her father added. Both he and his wife were trying not to pace in front of Liz, but it was hard to sit still and talk about this.

Liz sat frozen like a statue. What could she say! She figured if she said nothing that she wouldn’t be lying exactly.

“Liz? I know this is not easy to talk about, but you do understand right? We only want what’s best for you. We just want to make sure you don’t rush into anything. So you will take this slower?” her mother asked realizing she hadn’t gotten even that much out of her daughter.

Liz swallowed and nodded. “Yeah. No more eraser room incidences okay?”

Her parents looked at each other again and then her mother took a deep breath. “And you know that if you…and Max are already sexually active, that you can still come to us. And if you are sexually active already, I can make an appointment with my doctor.” her mother said uncomfortably.

Liz’s eyes widened and she thought quickly. “I know, but you don’t have to worry okay?” Liz said in desperation and pleading in her eyes. She just wanted to get out of there before she threw up. Her nerves were not making it easy on her stomach.

Her parents nodded and let her go.

Liz bolted down the stairs to help Maria with what was left of the dinner crowd.

*********************

Phillip and Diane Evans were having just as difficult a time dealing with this as the Parkers. Neither one of them had had to worry about this with Max. With Isabel she seemed well able to take care of herself and hadn’t ever seemed to take any one guy too seriously or dated any guy more than a few times, so they had had their normal be careful about sex and safe sex and that had been it. But with Max, they had almost worried that they would never have to talk to him. And now, they had gone from nothing to a very serious relationship between Max and Liz.

“Max, we know you’re a good kid and that we’ve never had to worry about you, because you’re so level headed and cautious in general, but a girl can make you forget those things.” His father said.

Max tried not to smile at that, but his father saw it and chucked. “Yeah, I’m sure you agree with me there. Women are a tough bunch to ignore.” He teased and winked at Max as Diane playfully slapped her husband and sounded outraged.

“Honey what your father is saying is, we just want you to be careful and use the brains we know you have. Be cautious and don’t let things get too serious too fast with your first girlfriend.” Diane Evans tried to explain.

Max’s jaw hardened. This much he could tell them. “Mom, dad, Liz isn’t just my first girlfriend. She will be my only one. Ever.” He said meeting both of them in the eyes seriously.

His parents exchanged looks and both sighed. “We had a feeling that that might be the case Max. Since you haven’t fallen for just anyone all these years. And Isabel said you’ve had a crush on Liz Parker since grade school, but still, honey you have time. If you and Liz are meant, you have the rest of your lives.” His mother tried to explain.

Max swallowed and nodded. God how could he tell them it was too late to wait for later. He sometimes wished he could go back and change things, go back and make sure he hadn’t made love to Liz that night on the beach in Florida for the first time, but he couldn’t regret it. And he couldn’t be sorry she was carrying his baby either. Although he wished that Liz didn’t have to go through all she was going through at this age. But they had, and they knew they were going to be together forever, so they would make the best of what was. Their love was stronger than any problems. “And Max, I know I’ve told you before how to protect yourself son, if you do have… a sexual relationship. But…if you do need anything, we would rather see you two being careful. There are a lot of other things to worry about these days than just getting a girl pregnant.” Phillip Evans continued.

Max stiffened and just wanted to get this talk over with. He hated lying to his parents, but he had no choice. He had gotten used to keeping things from them, but he wanted to tell them about Liz. That she was his life and that it was too late to go back and slow down. He wanted to tell them and everyone that she was pregnant with his child, and he wanted to take care of Liz. Full time. But he knew he couldn’t, so he just sat and waited stiffly.

“I just want you guys to know…that what Liz and I have…it’s special, and we are going to be together for the rest of our lives.” Max could at least admit that much.

His parents accepted this and nodded. Max wasn’t a normal teen who rushed into things, so they knew he was serious. “And we understand that. Liz is a beautiful, sweet girl, but you have time. Just take things slower okay?” his mother said softly.

Max swallowed again and just nodded. What else could he say? “Can I go now?” he asked.

“Just one more thing son.” His father said with an uneasy look at his wife.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.