FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Purple Passion"
Part 4
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Sequel to Crab Nebula in Taurus. Liz faints after Max questions her about a hickey that he suspects was put there by a shape-shifter pretending to be him.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Theme started in "Treasures Found"(CD Afterhours) and continues in order "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," and "Crab Nebula in Taurus."
Isabel and Alex are the first to arrive at the restaurant and are taking the canvas top off the Jeep when Sondra drops Liz off. She has a couple of patients to see before her calendar is free for the rest of the day.

The Restaurant isn't crowded and they opt for two booths when Kyle and Teresa followed closely by Michael and Maria finally pull into the parking lot 20 minutes later.

"What took you guys so long?" Alex asks Maria as she approaches the booth with Michael nowhere in site and Kyle and Teresa in some deep discussion in the entrance alcove.

Maria doesn't say anything until she is standing right in front of Alex, Isabel and Liz who are perusing the menu.

"You guys, I think we have a situation brewing." Her eyes are wide with distress and her voice laced in panic.

"What's wrong?" Liz peers around Maria to the couple near the entrance.

"Michael and I pulled up on Teresa and Kyle parked on the side of the road making out like there was no tomorrow." She splays her arms to her side, palms pressed downward as though to say, "wait there's more."

"I thought Michael was going to kill Kyle." She bites and releases her lower lip several times. "He hasn't said a word since Teresa told him that it was she who was doing the seducing."

Isabel leans in closer because Maria lowers her voice as she spies Kyle and Teresa approaching the table hand in hand.

"I think that if we didn't drive up when we did that Mustang would have been bucking like the real thing." Maria ends her accounting of the event.

"Where is Michael?" Isabel looks towards the door and then out the window where he's leaning against Maria's car with his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe I should go talk to him." Isabel is nudging Alex to allow her out of the booth.

"No, I'll go." Teresa says as she leans up to kiss Kyle before reluctantly releasing his hand and heads toward the door.

Kyle takes a seat at the empty booth and opens the menu while everyone just stares at him with his or her mouths open.

Maria is the first to break the silence, "You're not getting off that easily Kyle Valenti," as she slides in next to him. Liz leaves her seat at the other booth to position herself across from him, her elbows on the table in anticipation of what's he going to say.

Isabel and Alex turn around and are kneeling in the booth and leaning over the back of Kyle's booth.

Kyle looks over his shoulder at Isabel and Alex before returning to the menu. "I'm in the mood for waffles and sausage links, what are you guys having?"

Liz grabs the menu out of his hand, "Okay, does this mean what I think it means?"

Maria playfully shoves his shoulder, "So all that "not if you'll the last women in the universe" crap was just that, crap.

"No comment," he smiles as he spots Teresa's return to the dining room.

Everyone follows his gaze, and then abruptly takes their seat when they see Michael following in her wake.

Maria vacates the seat next to Kyle and moves to the booth with Isabel and Alex. Michael sullenly slides in next to Maria and Teresa takes the seat next to Kyle but not before they share a long luscious kiss much to the chagrin of Michael.

Everyone places their orders and eventually forgets the atmospheric tension and talk amongst themselves. Michael is still quiet when Teresa comes over to his booth to mooch bacon off of his plate.

Michael notices how happy she seems as she's standing next to their table and joking with Isabel and Alex as she pours Tabasco sauce on the bacon she's commandeered from her brother's plate.

"Doesn't your boyfriend have any food you can scavenge?" Michael smiles as he teases his sister.

"She's already eaten everything at this table." Liz responds to the question addressed to Teresa.

They are all still laughing at their friend's insatiable appetite when Max and the Sheriff walk into the restaurant.

What they don't see is the man at the counter discreetly leave the restaurant and makes a stop near Kyle's car before he heads for the SUV that waited for them on the road earlier.

Max takes note of Kyle's arm around Teresa and directs an arched eyebrow to Liz for enlightenment. She shakes her head as a warning not to ask as she nods towards Michael.

Max slides in next to Liz as Kyle and Teresa get up to leave. "We need to go by the loft to pick up Mirror and then we're going to head for the lake."

"But, Sondra's not at home." Michael blurts out as everyone stares at him. "I mean Maria and I will come with you."

Maria looks at him and tilts her head as if to say what are you talking about when it dawns on her that he doesn't want them in the loft by themselves.

She understands his concerns about his sister's relationship with Kyle so she goes along with his plan to tag along to the loft. "Yea, we're finished," as she takes one last swallow of her orange juice and scoots out of the booth right behind Michael.

The Sheriff soon excuses himself after ordering a cup of coffee to go. He will try to make it up to the lake later but doubts he can be that far away from town with all the 4th of July festivities planned.

Kyle opens the passenger door for Teresa as always and is about to open the driver's door when he notices something in the back seat.

Michael and Maria have just reached Maria's car a few feet away when Kyle yells out, "Michael, Maria, come here. You are not going to believe this."

Teresa goes suddenly pale as her attention is directed to the purple bra that she had playfully tossed onto Kyle's head and who subsequently tossed out of the car and onto the road.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.