FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Pure Shores"
Part 11
by Jennifer007
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
The first month was the hardest. There was the reading of the will to go to, and she was the sole benifeciary. Everything that had been left to her mom when her dad died, her mother had invested small sums in the stock market. Liz had sat there in astonishement, she was taken care of for the rest of her life as long as she didn't go nuts with the money. The lawyers had said the entire estate, her fathers bussiness, houses, cars, jewels, and stocks, they were estimated at a sum of 54.6 million dollars.

She had signed papers for what seemed like hours, and when she walked out of there she was a very rich eighteen year old woman.

She had kept the lawyer that her father had been using for years, he was an old friend of the family and she knew she could trust him.

When she got home she had talked it over with Maria, and had decided that she was going to keep the house that she was living in, the others she would sell as she decided upon it. And she asked Maria if she wanted to move in there with her. Maria had said yes, and they had settled into a routine.

Liz had enrolled in some bussiness courses at UCLA, she didn't want to be some rich brat that had to have people interpret all their business dealings for her. She wanted to make sure that when someone said something about her money she knew exactely what they were talking about.

And now it's been 3 months since Liz found out she was pregnant. She's in the middle of her 16th week. She has been still getting morning sickness, along with afternoon and evening, and thank God for Maria or she didn't know how she would get through it. Maria always made sure that there were saltines in the house, and more then once she had gone out late at night to get something that Liz was craving. They had joked that when the baby came it was going to be confused about the rolls in the family.

Maria didn't press Liz about the Max issue, but every once in a while she would come across Liz staring wistfully at her bikini, or some sand. When Maria had asked Liz about the sand, she had said that she had taken it from the island as a reminder.

One day Maria had came home from work to find Liz staring at the tv sobbing. Maria had hugged her and asked her what was wrong. But Liz had just shushed her as the show came back on. Liz was watching Saved By The Bell and was upset about Zack and Kelly breaking up. Maria had chalked it up part to hormones, and part to missing Max. Which was why she told Liz she needed to get off her butt and go on a shopping spree for the baby.

Liz had actually smiled and agreed. She went upstairs and came back grumbling about not having anything to wear because she was fat.

"Liz babe, your not fat! Your pregnant."

Liz glares at her, "Oh really? How did that get pass me?"

Maria just laughs, "Look just go put on some leggings, and a shirt and lets go!"

Liz walks back up the stairs mumbling about pushy friends.

Liz came back wearing some stretch pants and t-shirt, it was a shirt that had fit her just two weeks before but now it was tight on her, Maria would never had said anything to Liz about it, but she was getting awful big awful quick. Maria decided that Liz was going to have to lay off the little debbie treats. Maria got her keys and they decided to hit the Mall. The first store they passed was Gymboree, and Maria and her practically ran in, Liz didn't know if it was a boy or girl yet, but she could get uni-sex colors and it would be fine, they were loaded down with bags already, but then they went in to Motherhood, Liz bought a lot of pants and shirts, the pants all had these elastic bellies that stretched along with your pregnancy. Liz also found a dress, that Maria had insisted she get because you never knew what event you might have to go to suddenly.

Liz hadn't had so much fun in a long time, as they were walking out the door she bumped into someone because she was talking to Maria, and she said excuse me and looked up.

"Liz?"

Liz just continued to look at him, she didn't think she would see him again. "Hello Max."

"Hi, how have you been? Have things finally calmed down for you?"

Liz feels the laughter bubbling up in her, she starts to smile and then controls it *Things starting to calm down? Yeah right!* Instead she says, "Yes things are just fine." Then she notices Michael standing next to Max and he's looking at Maria who is struggling with the bags.

"Do you need a hand with those?" He looks at Liz pointedly as if to say why aren't you helping her?

"No it's fine thanks." Maria tells him while smiling.

Max then looks at Maria, he nods his head to Michael and both guys grab up the bags from Maria, "It's the least we can do, you look like your struggling."

Then he looks at Liz, "So shopping huh? I bet it's nice to let loose and spend a little money?"

Liz looks at him, "And just what is that supposed to mean? What you think because I have money now, I'm automatically going to go hog wild and go on a shopping spree?" She says angrily.

Maria is nodding her head, "Yeah I mean if she was doing that do you think she would be spending it all at Gymboree and Motherhood?"

Liz looks at Maria in shock, not quite believing what she said. Maria clasps a hand over her mouth and then tries to play it off like she didn't let something slip.

Michael looks at them, "Gymboree? Isn't that a baby store?"

He looks at the bags in his hands and sees baby clothes in them. Max looks between the girls and Michael, then he looks at Liz and really takes a look at her, he didn't really notice it before but Liz has put on some weight.

Then it dawns on him, Gymboree, Motherhood.

"Your pregnant?" Max asks in a whisper.

Liz just looks at him and he marches over to her grabbing her arms, "I asked you a question!"

She tries to pull from his grasp but he's holding her to tight.

"So what if I am!?!" She tells him.

He lets her go, "Is it mine?" He asks through gritted teeth.

Liz stares at him, as if it's not enough the past months, but for him to ask that is just to much. Liz slaps him across the face.

"How dare you ask me that! We spent all that time toghether and you don't know me at all. I gave myself to you and only you, I'm not some whore you picked up off the street, and I'm not some stupid high school girl that you got lucky with after a football game!"

Max feels the sting from her slap but he presses on. "If it's mine then why didn't you come to me, I would have helped you out with what you needed."

Liz shakes her head in wonderment, she can't believe it.

"I didn't come to you because I didn't want some pity check buying me off, I didn't come to you because you weren't going to give me what I needed, which is a father for my baby, I didn't come to you because while you are half of the biological end of things when you ended things with me you ended things with everything that comes with me, and that means my baby! Not yours mine! So no I didn't come to you because what I want your not willing to give!" Liz walks away from him after this statement and Maria is quick to follow.

"LIZ COME BACK HERE! I'M NOT FINISHED TALKING TO YOU!" Max yells.

She turns back around, "Yes you are, I have nothing left to say, it's over." With that she steps onto the esclator and moves up out of sight.

Max watches her and shakes his head, *It's not over not by a long shot!*

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.