FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Opposed Reality"
Part
by Sineya
Disclaimer: Not mine. And I borrowed a few lines here and there. The whole destiny speech is not mine at all.
Summary: AU, Liz Parker saved Max Evans life months ago, betraying a sacred pact with her brother Alex, and best friend Maria. Now these four along with four others, will learn how one moment can change your life completely.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Okay, this plot bunny has been running through my head for so long that I had to put down on paper...er, screen? My sequel to Duplicity is taking longer than I thought, and I’ve kinda drifted off into this story, so I apologize to everyone who was waiting, and hope this story can tide you over till I can get some Zan/Liz motivation started. Anyway, I hope you can understand where I’m going with this story. It’s been done a lot before, but I thought what the Hell, I’ll give it the old SIN-ful twist.
//The dark-haired woman glowed brightly, her beautiful form floating before us.

"If you are seeing me now, it means that you are alive and well. I take this form because it will be familiar to you, and it will help you to understand what I am about to say. You have lived before. You perished in the conflict that enslaves our planet but your essence was duplicated, cloned, and mixed with human genetic materials so that you might be recreated into human beings. My daughter, you were the beloved Queen of our people. I have sent with you your young husband. My son, the woman you were betrothed to, and your sister’s second-in-command."

Alex grabbed my arm, staring at her as he whispered softly."Liz, it’s our mother."

"Our enemies have followed you to Earth. You will know them only through the evil within. Learn enough to use your leadership, your knowledge, your skills to defeat the enemy so that you can come back and free us from enslavement. And so I may once again hold you both in my arms. I live for that moment. Help us. I love you."

She disappeared quickly, the light dimmed, and the cave darkened.

Alex was awestruck as he spoke."She’s so beautiful.... so beautiful."

Maria stared at him, then me."I was always so sure there was something out there, I just never realized how important it was."She seemed amazed.

I wish I could say the same, but the only feelings running throughout me was deep sadness, and a deep protectiveness for the others. I stared at them. Alex-- my brother. Maria–my best friend and apparently second–in–command.

And Kyle–my husband. No, my past husband.

I looked around at them all, a felling of leadership overtaking my mind. A deep-seated need to protect them. "Things will never be the same, but whatever happens, we have to stay together. It's the four of us now."

Kyle moved closer to me, laying a hand on my arm."I knew this was meant to be."

I was startled, that wasn’t what I had meant at all."No." I told him, then moved towards Max.

My Max, who’s eyes were filled with sadness."Max, everything I said, everything I told you before is still true." I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes, reaching up to caress his cheek. I almost died at his uttered words.

"Liz, you already have a destiny. You just heard it. I can't stand in the way." He moved up to pull my hand away, but I would not let him go.

My eyes filled with tears as I stared up at him,"But you mean everything to me. I love you."

I could see the tears glistening just below the surface as he leaned down and kissed me softly, then deeply. Pulling away after a few moments to look down into me.

"Goodbye, Liz."

I watched as he walked away, leaving the cave.

But I couldn’t let him go. I ran after him, Maria close behind.

I watched his retreating figure stop as I called his name hoarsely.

"Max, Max please wait!"

He turned slowly, tears dripping slowly down his golden cheeks. Then he turned desperately, hurriedly running down the hill. I stepped forward, ready to chase after him, but Maria thrust an arm in front of me, stopping my pursuit.

"You have to let him go."

My blood ran cold, I couldn’t let him go. He was the love of my life. My soulmate, my other half.

But I did nothing as I watched him tumble along the dirt, his form getting smaller and smaller as he ran.

I felt Kyle move to stand beside me, Alex come forward to stand beside Maria.

Finally, Kyle spoke.

"What gonna happen now, Liz?"

They all turned to stare at me expectantly.

I wish I had answers for them. I wish I could say I was ready to lead them into battle, that we needn’t fear these new enemies.

But I was too busy listening to the echoes of my heart shattering.

I was too buy watching my only love walk away.//

My name’s Liz Parker.

I’m an alien.

Yes, I said alien, you’re ears do not need cleaning.

What you just witnessed was the ending of my human existence. The day I truly stopped denying my alien side.

The day I saved Max Evans life was the day my life began.

And that day, that day of ‘destiny’ and ‘truths’, that was when it ended.

Watching him walk away, faced with the reality of it all was a fate worse than death.

...Sigh....

I know what you’re thinking.

This isn’t real, right?

That this is just some T.V. show that has a creative mix of teen angst, love and science fiction.

That every week you can pop on your boob-tube and watch my life as it unfolds.

Am I close?

But it’s not.

As much as I wish it wasn’t.

It’s my life.

But I’m bringing you in at the middle of the movie.

Maybe I should start at the beginning.

Index | Part 1
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.