FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Exploring Avenues"
Part 6
by Mary N.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, but I wish I did! But the ideas for this story are mine.
Summary: This is primarily a Max and Liz story, but it includes all of the characters, and more than likely a few of my own invention. It starts in the cave after Nasedo/Peirce leaves in Destiny. The pod squad tries to active the orbs, but nothing happens, which means Liz never walks a way. To find out what they do learn who they are you'll have to read my story. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to leave me your thoughts if you want me to continue this.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: The original idea for this story was sent to me by a friend, but it has taken on a life of its own and headed into a new direction.
Using the sweetest, most innocent look Tess can muster she says, "Mr. Parker, I don't know if I should really say anything, but at the same time, as Liz's friend I think I should tell you."

"What are you talking about? Tell me what Tess?" Jeff asks with a puzzled expression.

"First, you can't tell Liz, Max, or any of them where you heard what I'm going to tell you. They would hate me if they knew who told you."

Jeff is worried now, he asks himself, *What could be so bad, Liz would get upset if I know about it?* Looking skeptical, Jeff nods his head slowly and asks, "What is it that you think I should know?"

"I overheard Max and Liz talking today in school. They were talking about what they were going to do this summer. It seemed to me, they were talking about taking their relationship to the next level. You do know what I mean by the next level, don't you Mr. Parker. I don't want them to get into any trouble. I just think at our age, we're too young to be making this kind of decision. I know Max and Liz will both be seventeen soon, but we all still have two more years of high school ahead of us. And I wouldn't want something to happen to Liz to prevent her from reaching her goals of finishing high school and going to college."

"Thank you Tess for telling me this, I talk to Liz tonight."

"Are you sure you should wait that long? I know Max and Liz planned to study in her room tonight, and once this kind of choice is made, who's to say that they wouldn't take it too far tonight, you know, if they started kissing."

"I see your point. If you'll excuse me." Jeff turns around and heads through the kitchen and up the stairs to their living quarters above the Cafe'.

Tess smiles satisfied with her performance and leaves the Cafe'.

*******

From the time Maria and Michael pulled away from his apartment they have been arguing.

Michael has been doing everything he can think of to keep Maria away from Liz's place. He wants Liz and Max to have plenty of time to get as close as they need to get in order to trigger another vision. He wants answers and if this is the only way to get them, than he is all for it.

His problem is Maria, she has a different prospective on the situation.

Maria saw the way Liz and Max were looking at each other, and she's determined not to let things go to far between them. She would be the first to agree they need to do all they can to help Michael, Max, and Isabel find the answers about their origin, and all that entails. However, she doesn't think that should include giving up their innocence.

Maria is long past reached her limit of Michael's delays and distractions. "That's it Michael, I've had it! I'm going to Liz's and there isn't a thing you can do about it! Now you either shut up and sit still, or get out of my car!"

"I don't see what the big deal is, so Max and Liz do something they obviously both want to do. What business is it of yours, cheese head?"

"Dog Breathe, she is my best friend, and I don't what her doing something she'll regret later. When a girl gives up her innocence, it's supposed to be special. Not in the back seat of a car, or in some cheesy hotel room. And it's definitely not supposed to be somewhere where you are worried you maybe walked in on or overheard by your parents."

"Fine, well get them some nice hotel room. Will that make you happy?"

"You just don't get it do you? It supposed to be special." The look in Michael eyes tells Maria that he's not buying it. That he knows there is more to this then she is saying. "Granted, I'm not happy about Liz and Max having sex, I admit it. The truth is if they are going to do it, then it should be because they want to. Not because some outside force is urging them on. The worst part being, there are risks. Risks that if they're not careful could affect the rest of their lives. You maybe willing to take those kinds of chances with their lives, for your own benefit, but I'm not. Think about this Michael. If this was happening to you and me, would you be willing to risk something happening to me? Or risk me getting pregnant at this time in our lives? It can happen you know, and it only takes once. Could you imagine how much our lives would change? Would you really want to see that happen to them?" Maria parks the Jetta in the alley and hops out of the car. "One more thing Michael, have you given any thought to what would happen if Liz's parents caught them?"

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.