FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"May All Your Dreamer Fantasies Come True"
Part 11
by Taffy
Disclaimer: Don't own them, just borrowing them. Promise to return them only slightly used.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Current thru TSAP. Ever want to know what our favorite couple and the gang are really thinking? Growing impatient for cement to pour. Here's a Dreamers version! Bella and Tasyfa very special Thanks for being brave enough to review what came from my warped mind. To my fellow Dreamers that I hang with on the spoiler board, I couldn't have done it without ya! You guys and gals were the source of so many these ideas! Being that my warped mind craves lots and lots of attention feedback please! Enjoy!
Setting: Max's bedroom, Sunday morning

Max: stretches as he wakes up, he can't remember when he had slept so well: taking a few moments to lay in bed, he thinks of last night {Mmmm, Liz, last night was indescribable. Everything we did, we felt, it was exactly how I knew it could be. I felt so complete, so loved. I knew I was right, but what's the deal with Kyle anyway? Why did you want me to believe that you slept with him in the first place? I guess we still have some things to talk about, but I can handle anything so long as I know you love me, and I know you do. Even as I fell asleep last night, I thought I heard you tell me that you love me. Impossible I know, but it felt so real that I couldn't help but send my love back to you. I wish you could have heard it. I didn't get a chance to give you much of a goodbye before you left. We were so rushed to get you out of here before Mom came back to check on meMom, did you have to come and check? I'm not six anymore. Well at least we didn't get caught. No way could I explain my way out of that! Dad sure was looking at me weird though. Wonder why he wants to talk to me about last night? The fight wasn't my fault. Guess he just wants to tell me to be more careful. Is that bacon I smell? I'm starving!}: gets dressed and follows the smell of food to the kitchen…

Mom: in the kitchen fixing breakfast, warmly greets her smiling son as he comes in… "Good morning, honey. You do look a lot better this morning. How are you? Are you hungry? Sit down and I'll fix you a plate."

Max: feeling a little guilty about hurting her feelings last night gives her a good morning kiss and sits down with his Dad at the breakfast table… "Yah, I feel great. A good night's sleep really works wonders. That smells great, I'm starving." Notices his Dad is giving him a very strange look: like he wants to be mad or something, but there's almost a mischievous twinkle in his eye… "Morning Dad. Guess you were right. A relaxing shower and sleep was all I needed." As he is eating breakfast {why is Dad looking at me like that? I think I've covered all my bases, well at least as far as they are concerned. Can't think of any loose ends that need to be taken care of.}: looking around… "Where's Izzy this morning?"

Mom: "It's the strangest thing. Her brand new handmade quilt that Aunt Rose sent her is missing. She just put it on her bed yesterday and now it's gone. She's been trying to figure out what happened to it ever since she discovered it missing last night. She's still looking for it this morning. I don't suppose you've seen it have you?"

Max: pausing in mid-bite {oh crap, one minor detail, got to get it out of the jeep, clean it and back on Izzy's bed before she finds it or I'm dead}: not getting a chance to answer:

Isabel: dragging a very soaked, mud splattered quilt behind her… "MAAAXX! Would you care to explain how my quilt got in the jeep? Just look at it! How did all this mud get on it? I can't believe you! What are YOU going to do about this? Huh, well, I'm waiting!"

Max: too late… "Uh, I'll get it cleaned. I promise. I'm real sorry Izzy. It will be as good as new before you know it." Gives his Dad a pleading look for some help.

Dad: seeing the desperate look from Max… "Izzy, I'm sure your brother will make it right. With everything that happened last night, I'm sure he just forgot about it being in the jeep in the rain. Let's cut him a little slack, for now. Besides he and I are scheduled to have a little chat anyway. I'll make sure that it gets addressed right Max?" {Max, I have got to hand it to you. You don't blow it too often, but when you do, you do it big time. You must really be head over heels in love with Miss Parker to get in this much trouble and the day is just starting. I think your Mom's little dinner party tonight is going to be very interesting, if you survive 'till then.} "Oh, by the way Max, your Mom has invited some guests over for dinner tonight. The Parkers will be here at 6:30 so please be on your best behavior. Izzy that goes for you too."

Isabel: laughing outright… "Dad, I wouldn't miss this for all the money in the world. I'm really looking forward to it." Dropping the quilt in the laundry room, she heads down the hall continuing to laugh her head off {Mom, Dad, thank you. I couldn't have thought up a better torture for Max. Tonight is going to be great, and I don't even have to do anything, just sit back and watch Max squirm. I can't wait.}

Dad: watching an expression of horror come over his son and knowing that things aren't likely to get any better, decides he might as well get on with his parental duties… "Max, if you're done eating, I could use some help in the garage. Give us a chance to talk." He and his son head outside to the garage to discuss things.

Max: things are not going well, this feeling grows as his Dad gives him a very serious look: this is not going to be good: wanting to just get this over with… "Dad, I'm sorry about getting in the fight, but it wasn't my fault. Sean jumped me. I was just defending myself. I didn't mean to worry you and Mom."

Dad: knowing this is every parent's, not to mention every teenager's worst nightmare, but determined to do what he knows he must: takes a deep breath and begins… "Max, I'm not here to talk to you about the fight. While I am upset at the thought of you putting yourself in danger, there's no reason for me to be mad at you about it. Actually I'm proud of how you handled yourself. However, I am not at all happy about what was going on last night in your room."

Max: his eyes grow huge as comprehension of what his Dad is saying dawns on him: hoping to God, he is wrong… "Uh, in my room last night…"

Dad: closely watching his son's reaction… Pauses to see if any of this is sinking in: his son is unwilling to meet his eyes: might as well get everything out… "I don't appreciate the fact that you would be so disrespectful or I might add, that stupid, to be doing that, just a few doors down from your Mom and me. I know there is nothing I can do to stop you and that really is not my goal. But I had better not stumble into anymore embarrassing situations. It is not appropriate behavior and I will not tolerate it. Do you understand?"

Max: his stomach has twisted into one very big knot: he is extremely embarrassed and feels awful: awful over getting caught, awful over disappointing his Dad: there is no point in denying anything: finally meeting his father's eyes… "I'm sorry Dad. I promise to be careful. I don't want us to become teen parents, either. You're right; I should have just taken Liz home, but… um… well… I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly. I won't let it happen again… um…Dad, does Mom know?"

Dad: seeing that he is being honest and can look him in the eyes, smiles at his son's question… "Max, when you're thirty and a father of three, I still don't think your Mom will want to admit that you're doing anything like that. You'll always be her little boy. But you might want to take your trash out yourself. Oh and Max, what applies at this house also applies to the Parkers as well. I do not want any unpleasant phone calls from Jeff. Got that?"

Max: very contrite: praying this is over… "Yes, sir… uh… are we done? Can I go?"

Dad: "Unless there's anything you want to talk about, I think we're done. I imagine you have someone you want to talk to. Make sure you're home early tonight; your Mom wants to spend a little time with you. Oh and for heaven's sake, stay away from Izzy's stuff. I'm not even going to ask what you were doing with her quilt. I don't want to know. Just be sure and get it cleaned or you'll be dealing with Izzy's fury and God help you then."

Max: just nodding his reply to his Dad, he runs back into his room to get his wallet and car keys: running back out of the house, taking his trash out as he goes {God, can this get any worse? I've got to talk to Liz. How am I going to be able to sit down with her Dad at dinner tonight? How could Mom do this to me? What does Mom want with me anyways? The trash, how stupid, no wonder Dad figured it out! I'm not going to make it through tonight. I just know it. Maybe if someone else is there with us. Might deflect some of the attention. I wonder what Michael is doing for dinner? I need to catch up with him anyways. Besides he owes me over that Maria eruption.}: he heads to the Crashdown, but makes a pit stop at his second in command's place first:

The fates have not been kind to Max this morning, and they are not done with him yet.

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.