FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Destinies Changed"
Part 1
by Jewel
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters. No infringement intended. Anne Morgan and Eric Nolan are my own characters.
Category: After Hours
Rating: R
Authors Note: This is what I think might happen next season. What happens if the 4 aliens aren't really alone, if there are more of their kind? Tess is still around, but won't be with Max for long. Lyrics by vertical Horizon. ** indicate thought, and ~~indicates songs. This is my first fanfic, so input is welcome.
It's early July, about a month after the Pod Squad finds out their destiny. Max, Michael, and Isabel are still trying to accept everything that's happened. Tess is still trying to get Max to accept her as his wife. As the 4 prepare to meet, they don't realize how close the danger actually lurks.

"Max, I still can't believe it. I mean why would we have to be with our "chosen" mate. I don't really feel for Michael that way."

"Izzy, I wish I know. You know how I feel. I miss Liz every day. I just can't accept Tess. It doesn't feel right. Well, let's go. We told Michael and Tess we'd meet them in 45 minutes."

"All right, I just hope we don't run into Alex and the others. I couldn't deal with it."

The two leave the house, depressed and really not looking forward to meeting the other two. The drive to the Crashdown is quiet, each lost in their own thoughts. *I can't do it. I can't believe I had to leave Alex. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope Liz isn't working tonight, for Max's sake.* *I wonder if she'll be there. How can I keep myself from going to her? hugging her, kissing her?*

As the two enter the Crashdown, Isabel sees two people already in their normal booth, Tess and Michael were sitting at the counter, backs to the booth. Max notices that Liz isn't working, to both his relief and disappointment. But as he looks to his left he notices Liz IS there....eating dinner with Kyle.


~So you sailed away
Into a grey sky morning
Now I'm here to stay
Love can be so boring~

"Liz," Max whispered, his voice filled with anguish.*What did you think Maxwell, she wouldn't be with any other guys after you? Get a grip.*
~Nothing's quite the same now
I just say your name now
But it's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
You don't want me back
You're only the best I ever had~

"Come on Max, Tess and Michael are waiting for us," Isabel gently said. The pain that crossed his face when he saw the two of them hurt her too, so deeply.

Michael and Tess were so deep in conversation they hadn't even noticed Max and Isabel had walked in. Tess was complaining to Michael that Max didn't want her, and asking him why.

"Michael, he doesn't want me. Why does he only want Liz? I'M his chosen one. I feel it, why can't he?"

"Tess, you came into his life a month and a half ago. He's been mooning over Liz for years. Give him some time. It's a lot to absorb so fast. If you truly feel for him, you'll give him the time he needs, okay?"

"Well, it doesn't help that we keep eating here. How is he supposed to get over her. I told you we should find somewhere else to eat."

"I've told you time and time again, we have to act normal. If we all of a sudden changed where we eat, it'd look odd wouldn't it?"

"I guess, look there they are."

The four group together, a site that constantly breaks Liz's heart. Maria wanted to quit, but wouldn't, for Liz's sake. They sit and talk, trying to get prepared. Tess was constantly touching Max's arm, distracting him. He didn't want it, but couldn't tell her, she'd be devastated. Iz and Michael notice that Liz and Kyle were finishing their meal, and going separate ways, but wouldn't tell Max, it'd hurt him to much more.

"Liz, why don't I go. Your shift starts in 15 minutes and you're upset to see Max."

"Kyle, thank you, for understanding. No one else does. I can't turn to Maria and Alex, they're both hurt, and no one else knows about the, well, you know, incident."

"I will always be here for you Liz, no matter what. I don't want to see you get hurt any more."

Kyle leaves the restaurant and Liz starts her shift. She walks over to the Pod Squads usual table to help the people sitting there. As she looks at their faces, she feels she's seeing people that she already know. The girl had golden brown hair and impatient blue eyes. The guy, dark brown, almost black, hair and deep calm hazelnut eyes. The two were deep in discussion.

"Umm, hi welcome the Crashdown. Can I get you anything?"

The girl looked up at her and gave her a once over. "Yeah, I'll have some Men In Blackberry pie and a Cherry Coke." Liz looked at her in surprise, knowing that it was Michael's favorite.

"Okay, and for you?"

"Uh, the same, thanks."

As Liz starts to leave she overhears part of the conversation...."We need to find them, NOW. Who knows what will happen if we don't?"

"Anne, don't overreact. They've lived for this long, they'll live a little longer."

"No, Eric, NOW. They're here, can't you feel it? We need to find them."

*What is that about? Find who? Does it have something to do with Max, Izzy, Tess, and Michael? What if they're FBI? Okay, Liz don't overreact. Maybe when you come back you'll hear more.*

After delivering the food she casually watched the two of them get ready to eat. She watched the girl look around, grab the Tabasco sauce and put some in her soda. The guy then took it and put it on his pie. *Oh, my God. I've never seen anyone do that other than the aliens. Are they the other ones, or more of the same? I need to tell someone.* By the time she got up enough courage the two had already left and the foursome was getting ready to leave.

As she got to the door Alex and Maria were walking in. "Liz, are you okay? We just saw them leave. Liz, Liz, where are you going? Maria, come on. We gotta follow her!"

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.