FanFic - Max/Liz
"Change"
Part 7
by Anne
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters. I have no affiliation with the WB Television Network or the author, Melinda Metz.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Authors Note: Special Thanks to Linda. You are an inspiration.
The elevator doors open and Max steps inside still holding Liz in his arms. He sets her down on her feet as the doors slide shut, and just stares at this ethereal creature who has so enchanted him. She is such a mix. So gentle, and so passionate all at the same time. What she is, he thinks to himself, is a danger to his peace of mind. He can tell she's still struggling under the effects of the champagne. Apparently, Liz and Maria are both going to be as intolerant of alcohol during their pregnancies, as he and Michael and Isabel are on a normal day. Speaking of Isabel, he'd never seen his sister in quite this light before. He couldn't imagine what had possessed her to drink after what had happened to him the night of the concert. Liz is looking up at him with a deeply concerned expression on her face.

Liz: "I'd give you a penny for your thoughts, but I don't seem to have brought my purse with me."

Max pulls her close to him and kisses her on the tip of her nose. She snuggles into him and wraps her arms around his waist, pressing her face into his shirtfront. She breathes deeply and sighs.

Liz: "You smell so . . . like you. I think I could find you anywhere with my eyes closed."

Max: (laughing out loud) "I'm not really sure how to take that"

Liz: (pulling back so she can see his face and frowning) "Why? (obviously confused) . . ."

Max: "I guess teasing you right now's not a good idea." (still chuckling)

Liz: (smiling) "Oh . . . Liz puts her head back down on Max's chest and listens to his heart beat.

Smiling to herself, she lets her hand drop and then runs her fingers up the inside of his thigh. Max closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and tries to remember that they are in an elevator. Just when he's sure she's not going to stop, she pulls back to look up at him again.

Liz: (totally serious) "I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to the hotel room."

Max: (instantly alert) "What's wrong? Are you sick?"

Liz: (a little fuzzy) "No, . . . I'm not sick . . . but, it's definitely much too far to the room." (focusing in on the buttons on his shirt)

Max: (at a complete loss) "Uh, Liz . . . ?" Before he realizes her intent, Liz starts unbuttoning his shirt. At first he's not too worried, but surely she won't . . .

Liz: (finished with the shirt and leaving it hanging open, moves on to his pants) "Max, I feel so hot . . ."

Max has about three thoughts simultaneously. She is completely serious and not about to stop; and, the hotel room "is" much too far away; and, he had to stop this damn elevator right now. He grabs her hands in one of his to slow her down, and reaches for the control panel on the wall with the other. The elevator stops and the alarm never even sounds.

Liz is struggling to get her hands free, when all of a sudden he releases her. She backs up a step and brings her eyes up to his face. In a moment she understands that he is as desperate as she is. She's not sure whether to feel relieved or a little afraid. She reaches for the hem of her camisole and pulls it off. Max shrugs out of his shirt, but that's as far as he gets before Liz gives the string holding up her pants a tug. The satin falls like water into a puddle at her feet. She starts to take a step toward him, but before she can move he has both hands under her bottom lifting her up and pressing her back up against the wall. He kisses her almost roughly. Liz can feel the hard shape of him through his pants, but that just isn't enough. She's so extremely hot, and this aching in her body is just . . . painful.

She holds onto his shoulder with one hand and reaches down to unfasten his pants with the other. Max groans into her mouth as he feels her push the pants out of the way. He grabs her hand and returns it to his shoulder and buries himself in her in one strong push. She is so incredible. So hot. He knows he has not hurt her, because as always, the connection between them is revealing and intense. He holds her up against the wall and drives into her until he feels her body tightening. He briefly thinks that maybe he should slow down, but before he can act on the thought, Liz tightens her thighs around his hips and whispers, "Don't stop, please." He kisses her again, sliding his tongue into her mouth matching the rhythm of their bodies. Liz feels her body tighten and contract, and Max is right with her. They go over the edge together, and Max and Liz are both stunned at what has just taken place.

It is not the common thing for either one of them to lose control, but this . . . well this is just . . . unbelievable, incredible, amazing . . . habit forming. He lowers Liz to the ground setting her on her feet, and is alarmed to see her reach out a hand to steady herself.

Max: (fearful) "Are you okay?" (brushing her hair back from her face)

Liz: (disoriented) "I'm not sure."

Max: (kicking himself) "I'm sorry, Liz. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Liz: (still feeling dizzy) "Max, you and I both know that you didn't hurt me . . . but, I do feel . . . odd.

Max: "Maybe it's just the champagne." (pulling her camisole on over her head and noticing how hot she still felt)

Liz: "I don't think so . . . it wore off quite a while ago."

Max: (stunned) "It did? But, I thought . . .

Liz: (smiling a little) "You thought this was all just the alcohol, huh?" (stepping into her pants leg that Max is holding out for her)

Max: (pulling up her pants and tying them) "Well, . . . yeah, I did." "I am beginning to get the feeling that there may be some changes with this pregnancy that we didn't expect."

Liz: (buttoning Max's shirt) "Are you complaining?" (teasing him)

Max: (fastening his pants) "I don't know yet, it depends on if I make it through this night without a trip through a jail cell." (hitting the control panel again and restarting the elevator)

Liz: (contrite) "I'm sorry, Max. I don't know what got into me."

Max: (laughing) "I do . . . "

Liz: (laughing, too) "That's not what I meant."

Max: (smiling) "I know. No more champagne for you."

Liz: (still feeling guilty) "I guess this wasn't exactly what you had in mind for a wedding night was it?"

Max: (scooping her back up into his arms and carrying her out of the elevator) "No, it's not, but I'm not worried about it."

Liz: (sensing that he's teasing her again) "Why not?"

Max: (grinning down at her) "Because, it's not over yet."

Liz unlocks the door and opens it and Max steps inside still holding her.

The connecting door is open to the adjoining suite, and four pair of eyes appear in that doorway almost immediately. They all look rather anxious. Liz and Max look at each other and back to the others. Max puts Liz down, but keeps her close to his side.

Michael: (vaguely suspicious) "What kept you?"

Maria: "We have been worried sick about you."

Isabel: "You left before we did, with Liz in her pajamas."

Alex: "And, then there was all that trouble with the elevators."

Maria: "Liz, are you okay? Did you get sick?"

Liz and Max share another silent communication and wonder how in the world they are going to explain this. Fortunately, or not, they don't get the chance to even try to explain.

Michael (eyes narrowing): "You are the reason there was so much trouble with the elevators."

Maria (looking at Michael and then back at Liz and Max): "What?" (totally confused)

Isabel (scandalized): "You didn't!"

Alex (smiling): "Well, I guess we can quit worrying about whether or not Liz is sick."

Maria: (outraged) "You mean to tell us that you couldn't even wait to get back here?"

Liz and Max, looking mildly embarassed, just smile at each other and then at their friends. Max just shrugs, as if to say, "What can we say?"

Liz: (to Maria) "You're the one who wanted me to drink the champagne . . . "

Maria: (still freaking out) "Oh no . . . you are not going to blame this one me . . . no way . . . "

Liz: (blushing now) "Well, it was worth a try. I guess being pregnant's just a little . . . motivating."

Maria: (starting to calm down) "Motivating? Motivating? (laughing) "Whatever. Let's order room service and see what's on, or are you still "motivated?" (cracking up completely)

Liz looks up at Max and he shrugs again.

Max: "It's up to you. Whatever you want to do . . . "

Liz walks over to the connecting door, and shuts it gently. Walking back over to Max, they can hear the laughing in the other room right through the closed door.

Max: "I wonder if we'll ever live this down?"

Liz: "I hope not. I can stand being reminded of today as often as they feel like bringing it up."

Max: (smiling down at her and then serious again) "Are you sure you're o.k.?" "You still feel so warm."

Liz: (grinning at him) "Well . . . I think maybe I need a bath . . .

NEXT DOOR -

Max and Liz decide to join the others after their "bath." Max thinks that's definitely a loose interpretation of what actually took place, but who was he to complain? One thing was for certain. Max knew that he would never forget this day or their wedding night.

Maria looks up as the newlyweds walk in the room.

Maria (grinning at Liz's besotted expression): "Liz, you are just in time for "Sleepless in Seattle," unless of course, you've only come in search of food."

Liz: (blushing) "I can't believe you talked these guys into that movie."

Max: "Is there any food left?"

Michael opens his mouth to make a very sarcastic remark, but Maria cuts him off with a look. He gives her a, "What?" expression, and she just smiles and shakes her head at him. Michael gets up to talk to Max, and Liz sits down by Maria.

Maria: "Well, we've already sufferred through a Bronson flick . . . it's our turn.

Isabel: "Yeah . . . we paid our dues."

Alex: (suddenly very uncomfortable) "Well . . . I think I'll just go see what Michael and Max are up to."

Liz: "Maria, I love this movie, but it always makes me cry."

Maria: "That's the whole point , Lizzie."

Isabel: "What good is a chick flick, if it doesn't make you cry?"

Meanwhile, the guys are getting something to eat. Michael notices the unusually large plate of food that Max is preparing and can't help but laugh.

Max: (startled) "What?"

Michael: (low whistle) "That's one hell of an appetite you've acquired." (shaking his head)

Max: (chuckling) "It's not all for me. Liz has been feeling dizzy this evening. I want to see if I can get her to eat something."

Michael: "First time I ever heard of having to get a pregnant woman to eat." (joking, but a little concerned) "Maybe you should let her rest for a little while."

Max gives Michael a severe frown.

Alex: "You do realize that we are about to have to endure a weepy, sappy, saga of a movie, don't you?"

Michael: "C'mon Alex, how bad can it be?"

Alex: (looking pityingly at the unsuspecting rookies) "You've never actually seen a movie like this with Liz and Maria, have you?"

Max shakes his head "no."

Michael: "I guess not."

Alex: (empathetic) "Well, take it from a veteran . . . you are about to see a side of the female psyche that you're gonna wish you had missed."

Michael gives him an extremely skeptical look. Max is still working on his "snack."

Alex: "I don't suppose you've factored into it that Liz is pregnant."

Michael: "So?"

Alex: "So? So . . . on a normal day, they cry through the whole thing."

Max and Michael both visibly pale as the reality of the situation sets in.

Alex: (looking rather smug) "I see you've finally realized the severity of the situation."

Max: (not about to be deterred from this meal) "Do we have any Tabasco sauce?"

Michael: "Yeah . . . it's out in the other room . . . Is had it last time I saw it."

Max: "O.k. Well . . . are you two going to hide in here or come with?"

Michael and Alex look at each other and lean back against the counter, obviously in no hurry.

Max: (laughing) "Cowards."

Max walks into the other room only to find every single one of the girls in tears. This is bad, he thought. He sits down on the other side of Liz, and puts his arm around her. She's sniffling quietly into a handful of kleenex.

Max: "I brought you something to eat."

Liz: (giving him a watery smile) "Thanks. I'm not very hungry, though."

Max: (frowning) "You haven't eaten very much today. Please?"

Liz: (looking at the food and feeling a little ill) "I'm sorry, Max. Maybe later . . . "

Max: (determines to try again after the movie) "O.k. You sure you don't want anything? I could order something else for you . . . "

Liz: "No, thanks, I'm really just not hungry at all."

Max: (to Isabel) "Is, hand me that would you?"

Isabel (dabbing at her own eyes but sufficiently coherent hands him the Tabasco sauce): "Here. No more interruptions."

Max takes it from her and really wishes those two in the kitchen would get out here. Max pours the sauce all over the plate of food, thoroughly coating the whole thing. Before he can even get the cap back on the bottle, he feels Liz shift beside him. He glances in her direction to see her sniffing daintily and looking around the room.

Max: "Liz?" "What's wrong?"

Liz: (distracted) "I don't know . . . what's that smell?"

Max: (detecting nothing unusual) "What smell?"

Liz's gaze finally comes to rest on the plate in Max's lap. She leans down and sniffs again. When she sits back up, her eyes are closed and she has the most incredibly pleased expression on her face. She picks up the fork and is just about to put a bite in her mouth, when Max stops her.

Max: "Liz! Wait! I covered that with Tabasco sauce!"

Liz: (practically purring) "I know . . . (takes the bite and proceeds to eat more than Max would have thought possible) She sits back with a sigh, and rests her head against the back of the couch. Max is just certain she's going to be sick any second from all that sauce, but it doesn't happen. Maria and Isabel have both noticed all this and are sitting in shock watching Liz.

Maria: "Oh my God."

Isabel: "Wow . . . looks like we'll need more of the sauce."

Liz opens her eyes and looks at Max.

Liz: "Thank you. I feel so much better." "I had no idea, I was so hungry."

Max: "Well, that's one mystery solved."

Michael and Alex finally wander into the room at this point. Alex gives Max an "I told you so" look, and then stares pointedly at all the discarded kleenex littering the immediate vicinity.

Michael: "Did you eat all that by yourself, or . . . "

Max: "No, I think we've finally unlocked the key to Liz's appetite."

Michael: "What's that?"

Max: "Tabasco Sauce . . . lots and lots of it."

Michael: (dumbfounded) "You can't be serious . . ." (glancing at Liz)

Liz: "I had no idea that stuff was so good."

Michael (looking back at Max in absolute astonishment): "Unreal."

Max (pulling Liz close and kissing her forehead): "You have no idea."

Liz pulls Max's head down so she can kiss him properly, and is sweetly surprised by the taste of that wonderful sauce he had been eating. Michael grins and goes to sit by Maria, pulling her up close against his side and putting his arm around her. He whispers to her, "I don't think they're going to be with us much longer." Maria glances over at her best friend and smiles at the picture they make together.

Maria: "Well, at least we won't have to worrry about them starving to death . . . "

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.