FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Cemented"
Part 1
by Dee
Disclaimer: Me no own, so you no sue.
Summary: The night of the Gomez concert. Future Max never came.
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Liz glanced up to find Max standing outside her window. She wasn’t surprised to see him there; still the sight of him caused her heart to contract. She reached up to lightly brush away the tears that wet her cheeks and eased from her bed to her window. He stood outside motionless, his heart and love for her apparent in his eyes.

“You shouldn’t have come here, Max,” she told him softly. Her tone was somewhat defeated and definitely disheartened. She had spent so much time fighting to push him away, avoiding him and yet he continued to persist. His determination was wearing her out, wearing her down.

“I know you said no to the concert,” he began tentatively.

“That’s right, Max,” Liz interrupted, her voice quavering just a little, “I said no.” And then without warning all her bravado crumbled and her face crumpled in agonized despair. She pressed her forehead against the cold glass of her window. “Why do you keep doing this to me, Max?” she sobbed hoarsely.

Her words struck a deep chord of guilt within Max but he couldn’t find the strength to turn him away. Earlier that week when he first asked her out to the Gomez concert she had told him that he should stop pursuing her, that if he really loved her he would let her go. Max knew on some level that she was right. But he also knew that he couldn’t let her go. Losing her would be like losing himself and somewhere during the past year Max had forgotten who he was apart from Liz Parker. He no longer knew how to exist without her.

He knelt down before her, reaching forward to caress her face but touching only cool glass. “How am I supposed to go on, Liz?” he asked her softly, “Am I just supposed to forget about you?”

“I’m not your future, Max.”

“Liz, you’re wrong,” he told her fiercely. The emotion in his voice caused her to lift her head and look at him. “You’re my life.” He could see from her expression that she was wavering. She wanted to give into him, but she was afraid. But couldn’t she see that he was afraid, too? How could he possibly contemplate living his life without Liz as a part of it? “Go with me, Liz,” he implored fervently.

“I can’t.” Liz chewed at her bottom lip, licking at the tears that were collecting at the corners of her mouth. “Why can’t you just let go, Max?”

“Have you?” he asked her suddenly.

She was visibly stunned by his question. It had never been a matter of her not loving him, but feeling she wasn’t meant for him. Liz wasn’t pushing him towards Tess because it was what she wanted but because she believed that being with Tess was what was best for Max. And Liz had always believed that when you loved someone you made that person’s needs a priority over your own. Her conscience simply wouldn’t allow her to put her personnel desires before Max’s best interest. But had she let go of him? Hardly. She wanted him just as much as she always had; she had just resolved herself to the fact that she couldn’t have him.

“Liz?” Max said again, “Do you love me?”

Liz couldn’t look him in his eyes and lie to him. Her resolve had been slowly crumbling since the day he’d serenaded her with the mariachi band. Liz had known then she would give into him eventually. “Yes, Max,” she half sobbed, half laughed, “I love you. There I said it! I love you, dammit! I love you! But it doesn’t change-“

She never finished her sentence because Max was already swinging through her open window into her room. He took hold of her, cradling her face gently in his hands and sealing his mouth to hers.

Liz didn’t think to fight, at that moment she didn’t want to anymore. Her hands drifted up tentatively to rest against his chest only to slide upwards around his neck. Max’s own hand curved around the nape of her neck, deepening his kiss, sending her his tongue.

The sizzling contact of his tongue filling her mouth abruptly jerked Liz back to reality. She tore out of his arms, breathing hard. “We shouldn’t be doing this,” she gasped, her eyes frantically moving about the room as she struggled to regain her composure.

“You didn’t want me to kiss you?” Max asked her softly. When she refused to look at him he reached forward and gently took her face in his hands, forcing her to meet his eyes. “Liz?”

Again she couldn’t lie to him. She felt like she was drowning in the love that brightened his eyes. “I wanted you to kiss me,” she admitted in a fierce whisper.

Her words flamed Max. Their faces drifted closer so that their breaths mingled. “Then why did you pull away,” he whispered back.

“Because I didn’t want you to stop.”

The smile Max gave her was a mixture of sexy appeal and relief. “Have I ever told you just how much you confuse me?” But before she could answer his question he was kissing her again. A few minutes later he lifted his head, his breathing labored, “I’ve waited so long to do that again.”

Liz nuzzled at his chin. She smiled and kissed his collarbone. “What about in Whittaker’s office?” she reminded him jauntily.

Max thought back to the day before when he had cornered her in the Congresswoman’s office and all but forced Liz to kiss him. “I don’t count that one,” Max told her, shaking his head.

“What?” Liz exclaimed in laughing surprise, “Why?”

“Because,” Max said as he dipped his head for another kiss, “you didn’t kiss me back.” They shared several more wild kisses before they broke about laughing. “Do you think we’ll ever get tired of this,” Max asked her, smiling. He dipped his head to kiss her cheeks, her eyes, her nose.

“Get tired of what?”

“Kissing….holding each other.”

“I’ll never get tired of kissing you, Max Evans!” Liz exclaimed ardently.

“So can I assume that this means we’re back together?”

Liz sobered, her smile fading slowly from her face. “So you want to have the relationship talk now, huh?”

“Now would be a good time, yeah,” Max said, back away from her. For such a serious discussion he knew that they both would need some distance.

Liz reached up to tuck her hair behind her ears. Suddenly overcome with nervousness, she began wringing her hands. “Well….I guess I’ll start….. What about you and Tess?”

“There is no me and Tess,” Max responded calmly, “I’ve told you over and over, Liz, she’s not you…..she never will be.”

“But she’s your destiny,” Liz reminded him.

“And you’re my life,” he told her for the second time that night, “I don’t want to be with anyone else but you, Liz.”

“They’re not going to like us being together, Max.”

“Who are “they”?”

“Michael and Isabel and…..Tess.”

“I don’t care what they think, Liz.” He grabbed her by the shoulders to prove to her just how convicted he was. “I want you.”

“And what about your destiny?” Liz asked reluctantly, “Are you just going to forget about that?”

“Who says I can’t fulfill my destiny and be with you, Liz?”

His question was a valid one and Liz really didn’t have an answer for it. She couldn’t use Tess as an excuse because Max had made it more than clear that he was not interested. Liz looked at him, realizing that she was quickly running out of excuses. “Max…”

Before she could say more Max asked softly, “Why did you run away from me in the cave?”

His whispered question caused tears to fill her eyes because, even after the three long months of summer, the hurt he felt was still apparent in his words. “How was I supposed to stay, Max,” Liz cried, “You had just seen your mother, your real mother, and she was telling you about this whole other destiny that had nothing to do with me.” She drifted over to her bed and plopped down, burying her face in her hands. “If there was ever a moment I knew I didn’t belong with you it was then.”

She didn’t lift her head until she felt the bed shirt under Max’s weight and his hand running up and down the length of her spine. “That was the moment I knew I wanted you more than anything in my whole life,” he told her solemnly. He took her chin between his fingers and dipped his head to gently brush her lips. “I would have walked away from everything then, just for you.”

“But it was my fault, you know…..that you got taken by Pierce and the special unit, Max.”

“Liz, I never blamed you. Never. You saved my life, baby.”

“Don’t you ever feel like it’s a mistake….that being with me is a mistake,” Liz inquired, “I’m just so afraid I’m going to ruin your life.”

“How can you do that when you’re the one who made it worth living?” When they kissed again they both were assailed with flashes, their most intimate moments together. The heat in their kiss became a tangible force, like electricity crackling. As their kiss gained momentum Max angled Liz back against the bed. He leaned above feasting up her lips, opening his mouth wide against hers.

But soon the kisses weren’t enough and they had to be closer. Liz pulled Max against her body, her fingers tangling in his hair to allow her deeper access to his mouth. Abruptly, Max tore his mouth from her and grinned down at her. “Wait….you never answered my question.”

Liz’s brow knotted together in confusion and frustrated annoyance. “What question?”

“Are we back together?”

“Yes!” Liz laughed, “We’re back together! Now will you kiss me?”

“No.”

“No?” Liz repeated in blank surprise, “Why not?”

“Because I want to do more than kiss you,” Max murmured in a quiet tone. The look on his face told Liz he was completely serious. Her eyes searched his face for answers but he masked his emotions well and she couldn’t tell what he was thinking. “What do you want to do, Max?”

“I want…..to make love to you.”

Liz couldn’t help it. She liquefied at his words. Making love to Max….hmmm….there was no doubt that she wanted to, but…. “Max, I….”

“Shh,” Max placed his finger across her lips, “Please don’t say no. I want you so much, Liz. I mean, there’s not much that I can give you so please let me give you this….let me make love to you, Liz.”

“We don’t have protection,” Liz protested.

“I do.”

Liz looked at him in angry surprise. “Pretty sure I would say yes, huh?” she snapped.

When she tried to shrug away from him he held her tight. “No, not sure, Liz….just really, really hopeful. Liz, this just isn’t wild teenage hormones….I want to share my body with you. You already have my soul.”

“Max,” Liz sighed, defeated by the sweetness of his words. She felt her anger drain out of her and become instantly replaced with nervous shyness. “What about the concert, Max, won’t we miss it?”

“Believe me, it’ll be totally worth it.”

The way he said that made her smile. “But the tickets….I heard they were expensive.” “Liz,” he gave her a look of emphasis, “totally worth it, trust me.” They laughed together quietly. After a few moments though they fell silent and Liz began to fidget. “I’m not really sure what to do, Max,” she finally admitted after a tense silence.

Max ducked his head, suddenly shy as well. “Me either.”

“Should we….you know…..just take off our clothes?” Liz wondered aloud, her cheeks pinkening with embarrassment.

“I guess,” Max ventured tentatively, not being entirely sure himself. “Or maybe we should just kiss and let one thing lead to another.”

Liz felt a sudden smile curve her lips. It was ridiculous that they were lying there debating how they should begin making love. They’d kissed hundreds of times and they had come so close to making love in the desert that time…. Seen from that perspective Liz suddenly wondered why she was so embarrassed. She and Max had been lovers in their hearts for months now and it was finally time for them to become lovers in the physical sense as well.

Liz looked at Max through the fanned darkness of her lashes. “Kiss me, Max,” she implored, wetting her lips in a gesture she knew Max would find sexually provocative.

Their mouths met again for another countless time. Soft and tentative at first, acutely aware of where their kisses would lead. Max lightly, lazily caressed Liz’s tongue with his own. He gently sucked at her bottom lip, tugging it into his mouth.

As Max once again leaned above her Liz slid her hands down the slope of his muscled back and grabbed the edge of his T-shirt. In one deft motion she peeled it over his head and tossed it aside. Although she had seen his naked chest before Liz still couldn’t help but draw in a breath at the glorious sight of him. He had worked out a great deal during the summer, Liz noted with silent admiration. Despite the fact he’d lost some weight he was leaner than he’d been before the summer, his muscles more defined. To put it simply: he was beautiful.

Liz slowly lifted her eyes from his chest to his face, wordlessly asking for permission to touch him. Max nodded jerkily in response. And so Liz reached forward, trailing her slender fingers across his muscled torso in a feather-light caress. She was surprised at how soft his skin felt in comparison to the hardness of his body. She reveled in the quiet moans Max emitted as she traced her fingertips around the areole of his nipple. Max abruptly grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips. He sucked one single finger into his mouth, carefully watching Liz’s face. With no further coercion, Liz lay back against the mattress pulling Max against her as she did. Again their lips met in a wild kiss while their hands began to ceaselessly explore one another. After a few moments it wasn’t enough to merely rub against one another through their clothes. Max was desperate to get closer, to be as close as he could possibly be.

“I need to see you, Liz,” Max gasped, tracing his tongue against the curve of her ear. Liz answered him by bringing his hand to the hem of her shirt. She closed her eyes as Max began to inch the material up her torso…... His lips trailed a hot path down her neck to the curve of her breast and then he pulled back suddenly. Their eyes met in a sizzling moment. Max took a deep breath and slipped Liz’s shirt over her head.

“Oh god, Liz,. . .you’re so beautiful,” Max whispered reverently, dragging his hand over the curve of her satin encased breast. He kneaded it slowly, familiarizing himself with its shape, its softness. Liz bit her lip to keep from moaning under his exploration.

He looked down at her with passion-clouded eyes. “Liz?”

“I want to, Max,” she said softly, bringing his hand to the clasp of her bra.

“I. . .I don’t know how,” Max said, embarrassed. Liz smiled and kissed his hand. Without shame or hesitation she unsnapped the front of her bra with a flick of her wrist. Max swallowed hard. “I want to touch you all over, Liz,” he said, his eyes scanning her flushed face as he pushed her bra aside.

She gave him a sexy smile. “And I want you to.” He buried his mouth against hers for another intense kiss.

“Can I see you, Liz,” Max whispered to Liz when they came up for air finally, “All of you.”

Liz smiled a sultry smile and slowly climbed from the bed. With Max’s hot gaze glued on her, Liz shrugged out of her bra and let it drop to the floor. Her pants and underwear followed it. She stood there before Max Evans completely, unabashedly, beautifully naked. Max stared at her in open awe, his gaze sliding from the gleaming globes of her breasts to the shining nest of curls at the juncture of her thighs. Liz suppressed the reflexive urge to cover herself.

When Max finally spoke his words were thready and hoarse. “Liz. . . .I always knew you’d be beautiful. . .but. . .”

Liz ducked her head, suddenly shy. “I’m not.” Max came to kneel before her, nuzzling his face in the hollow of her belly. She threaded her fingers through his hair, closing her eyes. “Yes, you are,” he told her, pressing a reverent kiss against her hip, “I love you….so much.”

“Max, Max.” He brushed delicate kisses along her stomach and across her midriff. He nuzzled his nose against her breast, letting his lips softly graze her taut nipple. Tentatively, he touched his tongue to the stiffened peak. Liz gasped and then moaned when he took her nipple into his mouth and began to suck.

Without being aware of it they sank to their knees. Eyes closed, Max dragged his lips from her breast to the curve of her shoulder.

Liz trailed her fingers down his chest, over his corrugated abdomen and stopped at the snap of his trousers. She raised eyes full of question to his heated ones.

“You can touch it if you want,” Max told her shakily. His own eyes were dark with desire and silent appeal. Without taking her eyes from his, Liz unsnapped his pants. She pushed them past his hips and his erection sprang free.

Only then did she look down. Omygod, she thought a little wildly, that will never fit! It stood out proudly in the dim light, made alive by the veins coursing through it. Liz reached out to touch him then jerked back her hand in uncertainty.

“What do I do?” she whispered, suddenly feeling tentative again.

Wordlessly, Max took her hand and guided it to his arousal, closing her fingers around the length of him. Liz was surprised at how hot and smooth it felt. She explored the length from root to tip, marveling at the bead of moisture that formed at the head. She rubbed the substance between her fingers. It was silvery, incandescent. She smiled up at him, amazed all the more at just how unique and special Max was.

“I want to make love to you, Liz,” he told her, his lips grazing along her cheek, “I don’t know if I can wait much longer.”

Liz felt boneless, weightless. She clung to Max like an anchor. “Yes, Max,” she breathed while his mouth devoured her neck, “yes...yes...yes...”

Max scooped her into his arms and stood up, kicking out of his pants as he made his way back to her bed. The room was dark except for a red hue that glowed in from the neon sign across the street. Liz was grateful for the dimness because it hid her blush. Max laid her on the bed then stretched out along side her. Instead of kissing her though, he pulled her against him, sliding his hand up and down her spine. She tried not to be too aware of his penis, which was pressed against her thigh.

“Are you scared?” He’d asked her that once before when they were in the desert. That time she hadn’t been, this time, however, she was terrified.

She nodded against his chest. He kissed her forehead . “Me too.”

“You are?” she sighed, nuzzling his throat with her mouth.

“I don’t . . .” he gasped as she began kissing his neck, “. . .want to hurt you.”

“I know.” Their mouths met in a tender, we kiss. “Are you sure?” he asked earnestly.

Liz ran her tongue along his bottom lip. “Yes.” Max left her side for only a moment to retrieve the condom from his pants pocket. In the darkness he slipped it on and then climbed back into bed with Liz.

And then they were kissing again, wild, passionate kisses filled with longing. Without ever breaking their kiss Max moved atop Liz, using his knee to part her legs. When he was between her thighs he kiss her everywhere, her face, her throat, her shoulders. They both gasped when the tip of Max came into contact with her wet heat. He pushed against her slowly, trying not to hurt her, groaning as her flesh closed around him.

“Just push, Max,” Liz gasped, biting her lip in pain.

Max pulled back, his eyes full of apology. And then he thrust hard. Liz arched beneath him spasmodically and Max’s fist clenched into her hair. “. . . .god, Lizzzzzzz,” he moaned, overcome with the sensation of being inside her wet, hot flesh. “Oh god. . .oh god. . .oh god. . .”

“Max!” Liz gasped, pressing closer, trying to pull him deeper still, “Don’t stop.”

Max withdrew only to plunge again. He shivered with pleasure, his thrusts beginning to quicken. Liz rose to meet him, quickly matching his rhythm. Max pressed his forehead against hers, watching her face as he stroked. “I want you. . .” he gasped out, “I want you to feel what I feel.” Max bracketed her face with his hands, never breaking his rhythm, opening the connection between them. . .

Liz whimpered from the pleasure of it. Not only did she feel her own impending orgasm but his as well. It was as if they were one body, sensation melding into sensation. Pictures of them flashed through her mind. She could see them together as Max saw them, she could feel the pleasure that Max wanted so desperately to give her. She could feel the pleasure she was giving him. The sexual agony that was building inside him was building inside her.

He was driving hard now, thrusting deep with long, slow strokes. Their breath came in labored pants. Max’s eyes never left hers. Liz couldn’t close her eyes, couldn’t break to connection of his stare. She could only feel them about to explode, together, coming apart into a million pieces. . . conjoined for once and all time.

“Liz, I love you….no one else….never,” Max panted as he rocked against her.

They squeezed their eyes shut at the moment the orgasm overtook them. Liz’s nails dug into Max’s shoulders but he didn’t feel it. He didn’t feel anything but the glory of being buried inside Liz Parker’s body, the wonder of being loved by her. It was a defining moment for them both. It was a silent knowledge between them that nothing would ever come between them, no nothing ever again. They were indeed one. They were cemented.

The End

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.