FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"Believe"
Part 1
by Meredith
Disclaimer: Jason's exquisite body sadly, doesn't belong to me. Only in my dreams.
Summary: Liz goes to Max's room to tell him that it's over between them and finds him exercising. Half-naked. Oh, dear- what will she do?
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: A different spin on "The End of the World". To Teri Leigh and Gale. Dr. Max sez: read 2 dreamer smut stories and call me in the morning.
"Please say honestly, you won't give up on me. And I shall believe." -- Sheryl Crow

The feeling of intense dread rose in the pit of Liz Parker's stomach, overtaking her chest and rising up into her throat like a piercing fire.

Step. Step. Breathe. Step. Step. Breathe.

Max Evans' house was just ten feet in front of her, and the sickening visions of what she was about to do overcame her until she was breathless. She bent over at the waist, the dizziness threatening to consume her.

Focus, Liz. You're doing this to save the world.

The world. Ha. Without Max, her world meant nothing. She pressed forward, finally stopping when she reached Max's open window. She sucked in her breath as she caught sight of him. He had his back to her, doing chin-ups at his doorway. He was only wearing a tiny pair of running shorts, exposing much of the back of his tight, muscular thighs. She shuddered, bracing herself against the window sill as she watched him pump his arms, pulling himself to the bar.

Up and down. Up and down. Up and down. His tiny groans with each movement of his body made her blush with excitement.

The sheen of the sweat on his back and legs was glistening in the glow of a nearby lamp. Oh, God, how she wanted to touch him. She wanted to soak her hands in his sweat as she ran them up and down his back and arms and then... oh... to grip his...

Suddenly, he stopped his ministrations, lowering himself from the bar and reaching over to a nearby chair to grab a towel. Liz watched with a growing fever as he used the towel to wipe the sweat off his arms, his chest, the back of his neck, his legs... Oh, God. Liz had to stop herself from crying out. She ducked down quickly as he turned to face the window, but it was too late.

"Liz?" He asked, walking over to the window with a puzzled glance. She slowly stood up, her legs almost betraying her as he walked closer- his warm, musky scent wafting into her nose. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Um, yeah, Max... um, not long." She was lying through her teeth. He smirked, seeing she had been turned on by his athletic display. Her chest was heaving, her nipples hard, her cheeks flushed, her lips parted slightly, her eyes black with desire. Every single part of her screamed loud and clear- she was completely aroused. "We need... to talk." She stuttered out. He nodded, reaching out his hand. She paused for a moment, pondering whether or not to take his offer.

"Aren't you going to come in?" He asked, smiling. She nodded absently, letting him take her hand as she pushed herself onto his windowsill and into his room. He was reluctant to release her hand but she pulled it away from him quickly. He moved some clothes off the edge of his bed and tossed them in his closet so she could sit down. He motioned to the bed to offer her a seat, but she shook her head "no".

"No thanks, Max. I'll stand. I'm not going to be long anyway, I just need... to tell you something." Liz said quietly, watching with interest as he stretched onto his bed, pressing a pillow against the wall and resting against it. He tucked his hands behind his head and nodded. She took a deep breath and resisted the urge not to shudder at the sight.

"OK." He braced himself for what she was going to say. He didn't know why, but he felt deep down that it couldn't be good.

She took a deep breath and sighed, running her fingers through her long, dark hair. That small gesture was all it took for Max to immediately get hard. He shifted quickly on the bed, placing a pillow in front of his straining arousal. She shook her head slightly, trying to ignore the fact that the love of her life was stretched out in front of her, almost naked and ready for her.

And now she had to break his heart.

"Max, I want to tell you what I've been thinking about the past few days." Liz began, pacing back and forth, her hands clenched at her sides with determination. He nodded as he watched her with cat-like intensity. "I... want to live. I want to live to see my 21st birthday. I want to go out... with normal boys. I want to... get married." She bit her lip as the tears begin to fall freely from her eyes. "I want to have children. Children who will be safe... I can't have that... with you." She watched as he moved slowly from his position on the bed and crawled across it, moving towards her on his hands and knees. He sat on the backs of his legs and motioned to the edge of the bed.

He shook his head violently. "Come here."

Liz looked at him with wild eyes. "No!"

His eyes filled with warm, sad tears that pierced through to her very soul. "Liz. Please?" He croaked out.

"Max, No! I... we can't! Everyone will die!" Liz said, flustered. Max moved off the bed and pulled her into his arms, grabbing her sides and forcing her to look at him. She realized then that she had ruined everything. He knew now.

Max gasped. "Die? What? What are you talking about?" She pursed her lips together, shaking her head quickly, not allowing herself to say anymore. "Tell me! If you don't tell me, how can I help you?"

"You're not- you're not supposed to know!" She choked out. "Everything's ruined now... I've failed you!" She began sobbing uncontrollably. Max pulled her to his chest, running his fingers through her hair and letting her cry. She tried to squirm out of his grasp, but he wasn't letting go of her.

"Sweetheart. Please, tell me what's going on. You can tell me anything, you know that..." Max said quietly as he bit back his own tears. She pulled away from him and took a deep breath, her bottom lip quivering.

"Kiss me." She said breathlessly.

"Wh-what?" He asked, confused.

"Kiss me. I... can't..." She began crying again. "I don't want to tell you... what's happened. Kiss me, and I'll let you see for yourself..." Max's heart pounded forcefully in his chest. Liz could hear how nervous he was and she was returning his anxiety with her own deafening heartbeat. "Max..." She said, closing her eyes and moaning quietly as he raised his hand gently to the side of her face. His whole body shook as he brought his lips down to brush hers. The kiss was tentative, soft, delicate... but soon grew in fiery intensity. Liz's resolve melted as she felt her entire body start to hum. Max was overwhelmed with images from her brain and the feelings that went along with them.

*Going to see the Psychic, who told her that she would be with her true love forever.* *Playing dress-up in front of her mirror with a make-shift wedding veil.* *An older version of himself speaking to her, scaring her to death.* *This older version of himself telling her about the future, how he and Liz's relationship and the way he treated Tess caused Tess to leave Roswell, making them powerless to defeat the Skins.* *This future version of himself telling her that he needed her to help him fall out of love with her. It was the only way for them all to survive in the future.* *Liz going to Tess to tell her that she and Max belonged together and she would help him fall in love with her, and Tess's cold-hearted reaction to her.* *The future him telling Liz about their wedding in Vegas when they were just 19.* *The kiss the shared in Congresswoman Whitaker's office and the corresponding feelings of ecstasy that coursed through her.* *The future Max telling her that they had made love the night of the Gomez concert, and this cemented them forever.* *The older Max warning her that she has to do something drastic in order to make this not happen.*

Max felt a final wave of complete anguish rush from her mind to his own and the force was so powerful he broke away from the kiss to look her in the eye. "Oh, God... Liz..." Liz kept her eyes closed tightly, not wanting to let the feeling of completeness leave her. She didn't want to open her eyes and face the ugly truth of it all- the love of her life was standing in front of her, and he could never be hers ever again. "Liz, we need to talk about this..."

"No, Max, No! We can't talk about this! We can't be this selfish, you and I... I love you, but we can't sacrifice Isabel, Michael... everyone!" Liz cried, backing away from him and sitting on the edge of his bed, holding her face in her hands as she sobbed. Max walked over to her slowly, carefully, kneeling down in front of her and tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"It doesn't have to be this way. We can make it work." He said in a soothing tone.

"No, no we can't..." She shook her head.

"We can learn from our past mistakes... our... history. Please, Liz. Don't make me give up that future... don't make me give up... my wife." He pleaded with her, taking her lips in his again. "Liz." He said with an aching need as his mouth captured hers. "Don't give up on us." She returned his kiss slowly at first, but increased the intensity by stroking his tongue sweetly with her own. Her hands drifted up his muscular arms to finally rest on his neck as she pulled his body to rest between her legs. The kisses continued- tender and loving ones were replaced soon after by hungrier, more passionate ones.

"Max..." She moaned into his mouth as he moved his hands up her legs, starting at her ankles and working slowly up to her outer thighs. She shuddered as she felt him move his hands inward, caressing the insides of her thighs with a feather-light touch. A bolt of desire shot through her as she felt herself melt into a puddle at his tender stroking. "Max, we can't do this." She said breathlessly. "This is what... you... I mean, him... this is what he told me would make everything worse..." Her words were interrupted as she felt his lips move down her cheek and latch onto her neck. She felt herself surrendering to him as she ran her tiny hands up and down his back, spreading her legs a little wider to press his hard body up against her burning core. As she felt him return to her mouth and begin to move his body slowly into hers, she lost their battle of wills.

"God, Liz, I love you..." He said as he continued his fluid motions against her hot, tight body. "Forever. I'll never stop."

"Max!" She cried out as she felt her body explode. He held her tightly as she came. He kissed her forehead and released her, mesmerized by the look of passionate contentment in her eyes. "Touch me." She whispered. She took his hands in hers and placed them on the soft curve of her breasts, throwing her head back in ecstasy as he began rubbing her hard nipples, relieving the piercing ache they were causing her. She sighed with pleasure as she returned to his mouth, the only place where she ever felt at home. She suddenly felt very light and dizzy and began climbing back onto his bed, taking Max with her. He stretched out next to her, kissing her fiercely as he reached behind her to stroke the soft skin of her lower back. He pressed her body closer to his and she moaned and arched her body into his as she felt his erection rocking into her thigh.

"You are everything to me. I'll never let you go," he breathed in her ear. He pulled her tightly into his arms and she rolled him over, straddling his hips and breaking free of his kisses. He looked up with her with such intense need and want that he nearly cried out when he felt her move slightly against his arousal. "Liz..." He moaned out as she pulled her shirt over her head and tossed it onto the floor. He ran his hands over her smooth stomach and sat up in his bed, pulling her tightly to him and kissing her shoulders and neck. He ran his hands up and down her back and fumbled with the clasp to her bra, finally releasing it with the wave of his hand. He gasped as her breasts were finally exposed to him. The feeling of nakedness surprised Liz. She thought she would be embarrassed when Max saw her barechested for the first time- but she couldn't believe how right it felt- like she was created to be seen only by him. He ! ! smiled up at her and lowered his mouth to one. His swirled his tongue around one nipple as she threaded her hands through his hair, pressing him forward. She began moving slightly on top of him as she wrapped her legs tightly against his back.

"Mmm- yes, Max..." She threw her head back as his mouth created incredible sensations flowing through her body. He returned to her lips for a sweet, soft kiss as she pushed him back down onto the bed. She bent herself at the waist and settled into the crook of his neck, darting her tongue out to taste the salty sweat there. He moaned as her tongue slid down the hollow of his throat and further down to lightly suck on his nipples. He ran his hands through her silky brown hair and rubbed her back as she continued to work on pleasuring him. She lightly nipped at him with her teeth and he arched his lower back upwards, causing her to moan with pleasure as he pressed himself closer to her aching heat. She whipped her head up from kissing his stomach to look at the blinding passion in his eyes. She began moving her hips in slow, languid circles and he growled with pleasure, sitting up quickly and crushing their chests together ! ! with one soul-searching kiss. He echoed her movements and they were soon in a delicious rhythm of slow rocking. As Liz felt her orgasm building, she increased the speed of the rocking until they were both soon a flurry of movement, their arms around each other, their faces buried in each other's necks. Max sucked on her earlobe gently and she felt her entire world fall apart. She came blindly, her entire body going limp in his arms and dissolving into a flood of tears. He looked at her with concern and pulled her backwards onto the bed so she could rest on top of him. Her tears rolled down her face and onto his chest and they were so hot he felt they would burn his skin. He pulled a blanket on top of them and she curled tightly into his embrace.

"Don't cry, angel." He smoothed her hair with his hands and played with a strand as he looked down at her to search her eyes. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and looked up at him.

"I'm so ashamed." She hid her face in his neck.

Max bit back tears. "Don't be ashamed. We're in love. Nothing we do together is shameful."

She shook her head violently. "Everyone's going to die because of me. I know what's going to happen yet I'm repeating history. What kind of person does that make me?"

Max uttered these next words without hesitation. "You are the most courageous person I've ever known. You were willing to sacrifice your own happiness to save everyone- including two of the most important people in the world to me- Michael and Isabel. You and I are connected forever, Liz, whether or not we ever make love. Nothing will change the way I feel about you."

"That's the problem... Tess will leave..." Liz protested.

"She won't leave! We won't let her! We'll use the future as a tool to make her stay. She isn't a horrible person, Liz. She won't leave after I tell her how important she is to the survival of everyone. We just all have to make an effort to be nicer to her... especially me. And if anyone is at fault, it's me. Not you. I'm the one who lead her to leave in the first place. I will be the one to make her stay." Max pleaded with her.

"What if it doesn't matter that we're all nice and accepting of her? What if she leaves simply because her heart is broken?" Liz asked him.

"We'll start now, letting her know how much she is needed and how much we do care about her... how we can't survive without her." Max said, his mood brightening.

Liz was quiet for a moment. "I can't help but think..."

"What?" He replied.

"I can't help but think that it just won't work. That she'll leave again and..."

"We won't let it happen. You and I. You are my strength, Liz. Without you in my life, I might as well hand myself over to the Skins. I am nothing without you." Max said firmly.

"Oh, Max," She said quietly, the tears escaping her eyes once more. He leaned down to kiss her soft lips passionately. He gently rolled her over so he could be on top of her. He trailed hot, open-mouth kisses down her neck and onto her breasts. She arched her body upwards, her lower body aching to touch his once more. His hands moved lower to the waistband of her pants and he stopped, looking into her eyes for permission to continue. She hesitated before finally nodding and allowing him access to all of her. Once she was completely open to him, he gasped at her beauty, taking her face in his hands and kissing her gently and sweetly.

"You are so beautiful." He croaked out as she pushed herself against him. She was so hot and wet he thought he would lose it without even touching her. He trailed his fingers lightly down her stomach and stopped at the hard nub buried in her curls. He pressed on it lightly and began rubbing circles on it. It wasn't long before she was thrashing beneath him, clinging onto his neck as she rode out her orgasm. He let his fingers drift further, briefly dipping into her wetness. She gasped as she felt his fingers inside of her, stroking her inner walls. She thought she was melting from the inside out.

"Max..." She moaned. "I-- need--" She began pushing herself into him once more. She couldn't believe how she was losing control. She had just screamed at Future Max, telling him she wasn't making love to anyone at this point in her life. Now she and her Max were only moments away from doing just that.

"Tell me. Anything. I'll do anything for you." He continued to move his fingers in and out of her heat.

"Make love to me." She uttered out before capturing his lips with hers. He nodded, pulling the drawer to his nightstand open and pulling out a condom. She looked at him and smiled, remembering how Future Max had said that he had been protected the night of the Gomez concert. She hadn't believed it, but he really had been planning to make love to her. She shivered at the feelings of desire that ran through her. He pulled off his shorts quickly and she gasped at the feel of his smooth, hard erection brushing up against her thigh. His hands were shaking as he put it on and ran his hands up her body, kissing her thoroughly.

"If I hurt you at all, tell me, and I'll stop." Liz nodded, looking into his eyes as he slowly pushed himself inside of her. She felt full, but it wasn't painful. As he reached her barrier, he stopped.

"I can't hurt you."

"Max, it's going to hurt. That's inevitable. Just do it." She cried out as he pushed forward and a sharp pain coursed through her body that soon subsided. He soothed her cries with a gentle kiss that became more passionate as he began rocking his body inside of hers. She pulled his body tightly against hers as she met each thrust beneath him. The familiar humming began through both their bodies as they felt the passion between them growing higher. Max tried to slow himself down. He didn't want this to end... he wanted to be inside of her for the rest of his life.

"Liz..." He groaned into her neck. "Liz, I'm coming. I can't stop..."

"Max... oh, yes..." She moaned to him as he moved his hand between them to caress her clit. She called out his name in hushed sounds of pleasure as he felt her walls tighten around him, pushing him into ecstasy. As his body relaxed, he remained joined with her, not wanting to leave her just yet. He whispered in her ear his undying love for her and she moaned in contentment.

"Marry me..." He cried out to her, latching his lips onto her neck and sucking the delicate skin there.

"Max!" She cried, looking at him with shock. He continued to kiss her shoulders and neck.

"Not today, not tomorrow, but sometime. Marry me. I want you to be my wife. Make that part of history come true."

"Yes." She whispered in his ear as they fell asleep peacefully. Liz didn't know what this new world would bring for them, but she knew that they could learn from their past mistakes and keep history from repeating itself. She didn't worry about the future as she held this perfect man in her arms, the man that would someday be her husband. She only thought about how wonderful it would be to make love to him for the rest of their lives.

The End

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.